Altimit Pixel Movement [0.50β]

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by xilefian, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This seems to have conflicts with Khas lightning system, probably because of the lantern graphic for the player.

2. Rito

Rito Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    There is an incompatibility with Galv's Move Route Extras.
    The NPC no longer moves along a random path in a predefined area, stays on the spot and turns everywhere.

It must actually make a new part otherwise error message when loading the game.

Otherwise beautiful plugin.

mimi-min likes this.
  3. heroscratch

heroscratch Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    **Don't know how to delete this post, but I figured out what i was looking for :)**

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  4. mimi-min

mimi-min Will draw for food. Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm having a compatibility issue with Mouse System Ex; when Altimit Pixel Movement is "on", I can no longer activate events by clicking on them, regardless of load order. Disabling the mouse setting for this plugin doesn't solve the issue (though ideally turning this off wouldn't be required; the movement feels extra smooth when using the mouse). I think contacting the developer of MSE is not going to be easy as there haven't been any updates in recent years, so I figured I would let you know about it? Maybe there is something you can figure out.:kaoswt:

I would really like to use this plugin if I can, it's so juicy and delicious!

Edit: It also breaks the similar script by Hudell.

Edit (2): It also breaks YEP Region Restrictions, but that was addressed previously.

Edit (3) - Someone mentioned another move route plugin issue previously; I'm having one with Yanfly's Move Route Core. Events only seem to move a fraction of what they're supposed to; they also tend to get stuck on things.

For example, I have it so that this fairy is supposed to go under that roof/balcony/whatever, using the "move to" command in the YEP plugin which makes her find the closest path to the coordinates and move until she gets there, then flip a state to "on" which makes her "sleep".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She gets stuck : (

Again, I'm assuming this is an issue that can be solved using custom collision maps (with no sharp corners?)... the move route plugin seems to have her still following the "grid" even though she ignores it when she turns near the end (sorry I'm tired I'm not sure how to explain)... Ideally she would be able to move diagonally, but I imagine that's something YanFly will have to look into.

Would this kind of thing be better to put as an Issue on GitHub? .. I want to try helping if I can...

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    RocketKnight likes this.
  5. mimi-min

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just checking, since I think it wouldn't notify you when an edit is made @xilefian ; Is it better for you to bring up problems on GitHub? Or perhaps somewhere else? If there's any way I could help you figure things out, I would be super happy to.

6. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It is better to report issues to GitHub, however Plugin compatibility issues won't get solved as it's not possible to solve those issues.

Altimit Movement is a completely new movement engine, it is designed to behave like MV vanilla (only with pixel movement), but it is nothing like vanilla underneath.

You cannot expect compatibility with other Plugins that deal with events, collision or movement. It's not an issue with Altimit Movement and it's not an issue with the other Plugins, they're just completely different systems entirely.

It's akin to expecting multiple, completely different battle system Plugins to all work with each other.

Edit: if you want more information about this (as it has been talked about and considered before) the solution we came up with is to remake the Plugins that aren't compatible. I started building new Plugins that add features from other popular, incompatible Plugins, but the amount of work required kept adding up.

The best solution would be to make a new pixel movement Plugin that is architectures around a client server model where the vanilla system is left intact, but the pixel movement runs on top and does its own thing. Creating this system is a big undertaking and still won't guarantee compatibility (introduces its own set of very complicated issues).

You might ask "how did the other Plugins solve the problem?" but the answer to that is: they didn't solve it. The other Plugins have a wealth of bugs that went unsolved, because they went unsolved that left room for compatibility with other Plugins to sneak in. They also weren't based on vector hulls, they're pixel based so lose the high accuracy (and apparently performance) that Altimit Movement has with its polygonal physics based collision and map pre-processor (the source of collision modification Plugin incompatibility).

As such, Altimit Movement is best used with serious projects that are already writing their own Plugins that add the features the developers need and don't rely on other third party Plugins, at least for the map system. I've seen some incredibly unique and awesome games made with Altimit Movement that look unlike any other RPG Maker MV game out there, so I am satisfied enough with this situation to leave it unresolved for now.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Archeia, TheTitan99 and mimi-min like this.
  7. mimi-min

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your response! That's totally fair, it would be insane to try and make a plugin compatible with every other plugin out there. I'm mostly concerned about the clickable events, since it's a major component of what I'm working on, so I'll see if I can figure out what's causing the problem and make a workaround or something. If I come up with a solution, I'll let you know :kaoslp:

Lonewulf123 likes this.
  8. KK-WET

KK-WET Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Hello there ! Very nice plugin !! But i dont understand how he's working :/ I want to make an event not squared. Did someone have made a tutorial or something like this ?

How do i change the collider of an event which have tile graphic ? :/

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  9. xXAinSophAurXx

xXAinSophAurXx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    At first I was sad because it didn't seem to work with Galv's Jump plugin but then I put it under this one and it all works and I am SO happy, having 8 directional movement just feels so much better and looks so cleaner, I love this so much! Currently theres some slight bugs with jumping where it seems like I should be able to jump but I cant, or I'll jump onto the edge of a tile rather than all the way on, but these are things I can work out in testing.

10. abreyer3

abreyer3 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    How would you go about checking if the player has moved using this plugin? Using "$gamePlayer.isMoving()" is what I used before and now it doesn't work. FYI it's about incorporating a stamina system into my game.

Fantastic plugin btw

11. Vassim74

Vassim74 It's a Secret! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there any chance of a possible region collider type plugin to go along with this? I want to move away from Quixios' QMovement plugin since I don't believe he'll be providing further support anymore due to leaving MV development, but there hasn't been anything similar to it so far (that I'm aware of at least), so I'm also reluctant to move away from it since my maps and tile edits were designed with his region colliders plugin in mind.

12. SergioV7

SergioV7 Normie Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I´m having issues with Galv´s Animations Plug In, Anyway you can make i compatible?

13. Catog

Catog Professional Internal Screamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey!

Just thought I'd bring to attention this plugin's incompatibility with Yanfly's Event Chase Player.
    I mean, I say incompatability, but it's more like intense lag. As long as the Event Chase process is running, the frame rate drops intensely.

If this is an optimisation issue with this being a beta script, that's totally understandable. But if this is due to the event trying to process the possible directions to chase a character, maybe there could be an option to have certain event types have only four directions of movement?

14. Wabron

Wabron Villager Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Will this ever work with Mog Hunters chrono engine (ABS) ???? Amazing job man! I wish it would work for my game aswell :( But if I use it with the chrono engine is messes up the game. Keys won't work and you can use tools, weps and items.

15. TenTranVN

TenTranVN Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnam
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It has support for Alpha ABS

16. AUXturnA

AUXturnA Villager Member

First Language:
    Japanese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Good plugin, I'd want to use in my game.
    3 questions here:

1. How to name collider presets? Is there documents or something?

2. Though I set "Thorugh" option enabled at Movement route,
    "Move" Script Command (ex. move player 6 6) would not pass thorugh tiles.
    Is there any workaround?

3. When I write script command just after to another script command,
    (ex.
    AltMovement move player 3 23
    AltMovement move player 6 6
    )
    Second command will run immediately, while moving of first line is not completed.
    And I want to move player at background while dialogue window is appeared. (= I cannot use "wait" option)
    So, can't I enqueue second "move" script command after the move of first script?

Thanks in advance!

17. KaktusZeleny

KaktusZeleny Villager Member

First Language:
    Slovak language
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Greetings,

I have one problem with this plugin. If I use it on bigger parallax map and move diagonally while map is scrolling then tiles that are placed onto parallax(like trees and stuff) are kinda shaking(yes I put the "!" before parallax map name). Is there anyway how to fix it ? Or is there way how to totally disable diagonal movement ?

EDIT:
    Okay so I fixed it by just turning off "normalize player movement" in plugin configuration but now when moving diagonally its a lot faster which I expected to happen. Is there something what I can change in script so player will still move little bit more slowly ?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  18. Sardonic

Sardonic Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'd just like to say that this is a fantastic plugin that is working exactly as intended for me! Thanks! :D

19. JayA

JayA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Any word on when this will be out of beta?

20. Nyrion

Nyrion Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've added perhaps rudimentary support for YEP_GridFreeDoodads, as laid out here:

https://github.com/AltimitSystems/mv-plugins/issues/36

Currently trying to sort out a better way for Pathfinding and will post when I do. The current method has an issue if a "Game_Follower" get's trapped behind something with a collision box. Same can be said for any "Game_Character" that utilizes a moveRoute.

Let me know your thoughts & etc.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    sinchross likes this.