Altimit Pixel Movement [0.50β]

cokes1999

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is probably a stupid question but how do I restrict tiles using this plugin? I previously used Yanfly Region Restrictions but with this plugin enabled I can now walk through all the tiles that are supposed to be restricted. What should I do?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is probably a stupid question but how do I restrict tiles using this plugin? I previously used Yanfly Region Restrictions but with this plugin enabled I can now walk through all the tiles that are supposed to be restricted. What should I do?
they're not particularly compatible, I have a horrible hack that does some of the region restrictions funcionality here

note that it only works for regions which make tiles IMPASSIBLE

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah but see what starts it, IME that usually happens when a plugin is doing something weird.

cokes1999

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
they're not particularly compatible, I have a horrible hack that does some of the region restrictions funcionality here

note that it only works for regions which make tiles IMPASSIBLE
all I am looking for is the ability to block off areas on the map - i am using doodads for a majority of my maps. so the only way i can do this is if I use tileD? thats a bummer.

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
yeah but see what starts it, IME that usually happens when a plugin is doing something weird.
It's not acting weird its acting normal, what I'm trying to say is that the code for collision checking is very slow and needs to be written again. I think it's trying to check the collision boxes of everything on the map at all times when it only should be checking stuff within a few squares of each event including the player.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not acting weird its acting normal, what I'm trying to say is that the code for collision checking is very slow and needs to be written again. I think it's trying to check the collision boxes of everything on the map at all times when it only should be checking stuff within a few squares of each event including the player.
IME under normal circumstances checking collision doesn't suck up a lot of processing doing that, but I've seen plugins occasionally break it in weird ways (particularly ones that spawn events in nonstandard ways)

altimit currently puts a rectangular bounding box around each object in the game, which it uses to filter out whether or not things potentially need to be tested (just a single x,y coordinate obviously doesn't work because you can define large walls or interaction areas with a single collider)

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
1594001019362.png
What is the purpose of the commented out code, removing this code increases the speed by a factor of 20. It does not seem to affect collision in my play tests. Without this code commented out this function can call itself hundreds of times and I don't understand what the purpose of it is.

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, I'm trying to set up a big event size (for example house) the will show up on the map and will not let the player get in unless he/she is in front of the door collider block, anyone knows how to set that when using altimit?

For More details:
I manage to create the event and to add the size of it by adding the following script in the event:
<collider>
<rect x='-1.75' y='-1.50' width='4.50' height='2.25' />
</collider>

So now the player can't go through the event (I added a picture the show the event getting active from the side, the house you see in the picture are 1 event who use the house picture and I added the collider script to avoid the player walking through).

The problem is the player can activate the event from any side of the event (house...), the anyone knows or have an idea how could I get it to only be active (for example: to get into the house) when standing on a specific tile/collider block?

Attachments

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, I'm trying to set up a big event size (for example house) the will show up on the map and will not let the player get in unless he/she is in front of the door collider block, anyone knows how to set that when using altimit?

For More details:
I manage to create the event and to add the size of it by adding the following script in the event:
<collider>
<rect x='-1.75' y='-1.50' width='4.50' height='2.25' />
</collider>

So now the player can't go through the event (I added a picture the show the event getting active from the side, the house you see in the picture are 1 event who use the house picture and I added the collider script to avoid the player walking through).

The problem is the player can activate the event from any side of the event (house...), the anyone knows or have an idea how could I get it to only be active (for example: to get into the house) when standing on a specific tile/collider block?
easiest to do it as two events, one for the house collider and one for the door

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
easiest to do it as two events, one for the house collider and one for the door
Thank for the respond. What if I can't use two separate events? there is any way (complex or not) to achieve this in the same event?

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank for the respond. What if I can't use two separate events? there is any way (complex or not) to achieve this in the same event?
in theory you could check the player location and facing when the player interacts with the building.

Practically speaking though you can always move around where the building or door event is 'really' located and just change the x and y location of the collider appropriately.

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in theory you could check the player location and facing when the player interacts with the building.
As you can see in my picture that what I try to do, however, it'is not working on the door only, and instead it gets trigger from every side so no luck there.

Practically speaking though you can always move around where the building or door event is 'really' located and just change the x and y location of the collider appropriately.
I thought you say that, however, that will be my last result, my goal is to give the player the ability to choose where to put this event. I may do something like using a plugin to copy 'tiles' from another map and then just add a normal event in the map I need it to show up. if you have a better idea please let me know, after all, you are a master when it comes to 'altimit movement' :) thanks again for the time you put to answer my questions.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you want the player to be able to position the event, are you spawning it in or just moving it around the map? In either case it seems like it'd be fairly straightforward to give the invisible door event a move route that's something like

this.locate(house.x+2,house.y+2.4)

Put it on repeat if the house moves around the map multiple times (maybe with a wait of a few frames in between if you're worried about lag)

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you want the player to be able to position the event, are you spawning it in or just moving it around the map?
It not a spawn, but I do call it from another map (I use EST_Clone_Transform_Delete_Event.js and EST_Event_Size_And_Trigger.js), It's a big size event (house) I can move around and place it anywhere (I use).

In either case, it seems like it'd be fairly straightforward to give the invisible door event a move route that's something like

this.locate(house.x+2,house.y+2.4)

Put it on repeat if the house moves around the map multiple times (maybe with a wait of a few frames in between if you're worried about lag)
No luck there, I tried to add this invisible door event in the 'move route box' and in the 'event page' itself, when I use normal 'transfer' commend after the move route, the event still got trigger from all sides like before like nothing change, however, when adding a 'transfer' script in the move route box instead I got a no response from the event at all, then after few clicks, I also got an error (picture below). maybe I didn't understand it right, you added the 'house' in the script assuming that the event name or for other reason? anything else I can try?

Attachments

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the move route was for a separate door event (so if the house is event 4 your door is event 5), and it has a custom move route defined under the 'move routes' tab to teleports with the .locate command, based off where the house is located (so if the house is event 4, it's "this.locate($gameMap.event(4).x,$gameMap.event(4).y)" )

I'm not familiar with the plugin you're using, but dunno if it can copy additional events through a script call or whatever - in principle it might be as easy as having the house automatically call a 'create door at (this.x+2,this.y+2) or whatever, but I don't know the plugin specifically

If you want to do a game player check as a script in a condition branch, something like

Code:
($gamePlayer.x > this.x + 1.5) && ($gamePlayer.x < this.x+2.5) && ($gamePlayer.direction()==8)
Would probably work. That would respond true if the player is between 1.5 and 2.5 tiles to the right of the house, and facing up. (which should roughly correspond to where the door is)

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
="Restart, post: 1087890, member: 138676"]
the move route was for a separate door event (so if the house is event 4 your door is event 5), and it has a custom move route defined under the 'move routes' tab to teleports with the .locate command, based off where the house is located (so if the house is event 4, it's "this.locate($gameMap.event(4).x,$gameMap.event(4).y)" )

I'm not familiar with the plugin you're using, but dunno if it can copy additional events through a script call or whatever - in principle it might be as easy as having the house automatically call a 'create door at (this.x+2,this.y+2) or whatever, but I don't know the plugin specificall

If you want to do a game player check as a script in a condition branch, something like

Code:
($gamePlayer.x > this.x + 1.5) && ($gamePlayer.x < this.x+2.5) && ($gamePlayer.direction()==8)
Would probably work. That would respond true if the player is between 1.5 and 2.5 tiles to the right of the house, and facing up. (which should roughly correspond to where the door is)
Edit post for better explaining:

About your great ideas: I tried both of the mathed you provide above, however it didn't work. It my be just the plugin, but I think it just can't read the "this.locate", I think that since currently the (big size) event are recognizing normal 'commend' like 'trensfer', and script like 'region check's works too ($gamePlayer.regionId(50)). But unfortunately it's not recognizing the script the supposed to check for the collider/player location when using Altimit. In case that matters I will point that I'm using your cross engine with the Altimit vision the come with it.

Are one of the ideas you provide works for you by any chance (to check collider to active an event)?

More information about the problem:

After checking again how it works, the original plugin script to make the event bigger work a bit different then Altimit:

1. First we have the event the stay in the same spot we put it.
2. Then using a 'coment' script (similar to altimit the using comment) we make the event size to block more tiles to the 'x' and the 'y' location from the event.

Now with Altimit, the original script not work to change the size (probably since it's collider) so I use the event collider size script to block the event area I need for it, but as you know to do that the event need to start in -y,-x location (and then add the size), and then the all collider area will be trigger, like my transfer commend.

My thinking is, since it doesn't look like the 'if' let us separate a specific collider location to get trigger, maybe It's a way to add the size area for the event without needing to move it with the normal collider script. Just a thought, I personally don't know about another way but maybe you do?

* I add here a link where you can see the plugins I'm using in case you need it:

[/URL]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ksi
Looking forward to messing around with MZ when it comes out in little over a week. Anyone else amped? What's the first thing you're gonna look at/try to do?
by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.
SOC
If the VisuStella videos are using the MZ RTP tilesets... I'm really disappointed. MV's look so much better. I hope it's easy to convert MV tiles to MZ.
If this thing end to be good enough, I'll be pleased to release it there for free (looong to be completed...).
And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JibberJabber