Heliolater

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've looked through tons of threads here and elsewhere and can't quite find what I'm looking for.

In battle, I would like to display each enemy's HP and current states at all times. With some Yanfly plugins, I can show their HP bar and value below them, and a single icon that cycles between active states above then. However, I'd like to be able to show many icons, each displaying a separate state, rather than a single, cycling icon.

I assumed this would be a common request, but I can't find anyone with a solution that looked right.

Bonus: I'm also trying to find a way to display the actors'/enemies' Barrier points along with the HP bar as a numerical value (think Slay the Spire's Block value).

Thanks for any who can point the way for me.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I assumed this would be a common request, but I can't find anyone with a solution that looked right.
The problem is the display space. Some games use a lot of states, and no plugin author knows how much space a user will leave between battlers in the troop, so the only way to be sure their UI won't have state icons plastered all over the place is by cycling it in place.

That said, I don't know what you consider "right," but there is this

Heliolater

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is the display space. Some games use a lot of states, and no plugin author knows how much space a user will leave between battlers in the troop, so the only way to be sure their UI won't have state icons plastered all over the place is by cycling it in place.

That said, I don't know what you consider "right," but there is this
Thanks for looking for me. I can definitely see the difficulty in creating a plugin that works in every case.

I had high hopes for the plugin you linked me to, but all of my state icons disappear when the plugin is running. It has has an undocumented dependency on Yanfly's Message Core, and the thread seems to dead end after a recent update.

Was this working for you on the current MV version? I haven't been able to solve the problem by deactivating other plugins.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was this working for you on the current MV version?
I've never used it, it just came up when I Googled your question.

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you can do with SRD's HUDMaker, but you could try that, or there's this plugin to enable mousing over for full lists and descriptions.

Heliolater

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, thanks for looking for me anyway. I did see Olivia's state tooltip plugin, which you linked. That could get the info across, but the player would constantly have to interact to draw out the info.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 26th Nov to 2nd Dec (2021)

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?
The holidays are upon us! Everyone search for safety from the grocery store music!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gusga