HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, whenever I'm doing art, or, to be honest working in general, though it mostly happens when I'm doing art, I tend to mutter (or shout) insults to myself. Like, I'd mess something up and be like "idiot!" very loudly and people would look t me. Does this happen to anyone here, and if so, how do I make it stop? It's kind of embarrassing when I'm working with people and they hear me say "I am so useless!" every five minutes.  :distrust:  

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The boyfriend of a friend of mine sticks out the tip of his tongue when he's working.

I tend to forget what i was doing when i'm focused on what i was doing and then i stop for a couple of seconds or minutes till i remember what i was doing.

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

this is me when im REALLY trying to focus on my pixel art...seriously lol...right in the diner i frequent... people stare XD .

Last edited by a moderator:

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you actually make that exact face?

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Can't say I'm muttering insults, but I have a habit of glaring at my monitor whenever I'm drawing.

.... it concerns my roommates.

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
   Not typically insults but I do talk to myself a bit more than is likely healthy and catch a good amount of social grief from it. I chalk it up to my antisocial childhood, but can't begin to tell you how to make it stop as I'll do it to this day, sometimes in the middle of an actual conversation even. For me it's more argumentative, I'll have debates with myself to sift through information that confuses me, or just plain confounds me. You are not alone.

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tend to talk to myself and pace when trying to come up with ideas and/or figure out how to make something work, sometimes I mumble to myself when working though not as often. Also I tend to listen to music while working as it helps me concentrate and when I'm "In the zone" I tend to sing along... Though I probably shouldn't, I'm not a very good singer  :p

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As long as you're drawing, you're always improving. As long as you leave satisfied and proud of your work, the little quips and sounds you make don't matter ? You're an artist, embrace your inner weirdness!

MysteryCorgi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
When I draw I tend to make whatever face I'm drawing. I know a lot of artists do that too. And usually you can also tell I'm drawing if you hear a ton of whispered swearing. XD

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever I write, I tend to pantomime what my characters are doing as I'm writing it. IS the main character adjusting his glasses? So am I. Are they running their fingers through their hair? So am I.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@MysteryCorgi and @Diretooth I actually tend to do that too, and it's never occurred to me. I would also sometimes chicken my head to one side to see if my drawing looks okay. Usually it doesn't from that angle, and I seriously don't know why I still do it. XD 

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This happened to me every times. Draw, erase, draw, erase, draw, erase, draw, erase, draw, erase...........sleep. But yeah, I'm kinda mad myself coz of mistakes. But even worse if I play CS:GO. But that's fine.

I stop and watch something that makes me cool down, even pray.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I write music I tend to sing out loud, quite loudly. It's easier for me to find the note I want the next part of the phrase to land on if I sing the melody to the accompaniment I have down so far. Sometimes I talk out loud, too. Like, "Uh, uh. Noooooope. Don't like that." I also conduct to myself a lot and am not immune to miniature dance parties at my work station. 

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
For some reason I tend to talk to myself only, if I have someone around to hear it. It definitely makes no sense, since it's not something I WANT them to hear...

More often than that I make faces while drawing. I tend to imitate the expression or the pose of the character I'm drawing and it must be weird to look at - especially, if I'm drawing something more emotive. And if not, I just have this tense almost angry expression with frown, when I am concentrating. Someone at work mentioned I have resting b-face... Rather working b-face. orz

Pierman Walter

Chunk Monster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Whenever I draw, I quietly laugh like I'm plotting a murder. It scares everyone, especially if they don't know where I am.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whenever I draw, I quietly laugh like I'm plotting a murder. It scares everyone, especially if they don't know where I am.
Aw, man, now I want to see that. That's funny. 

Yeah, I can tell I'm getting people concerned with my muttering, and I guess at this point the only way to get rid of it is to get a higher self-esteem (*scoffs* easier said than done). 

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I tend to emote when I walk by myself, thinking about my writing. I also walk in sync with the "speed" of the dialogue.

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When designing a game or something I used to swear a lot, in the past.  Now, no more.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't insult myself (that can't be healthy to your self image!) but I do insult my art sometimes.  I treat it like it's alive, try to coax it into cooperating, praise it for working, grouse at it when it's being difficult.  I only do it when I'm alone though.  I sometimes think that if others could hear me they'd think I hate drawing with all the negative things I say about it while I work.

I do the expression thing too, especially when I'm writing.  I'll take a break and rub my face and think "man, I'm going to give myself some strange wrinkles if I keep this up."  I'm a happy person, I only want to have laugh lines, but the only lines I have are between my eyebrows. :(   It makes me look like I scowl, worry, and frown a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Hey there! Hope you're having a nice day, you are awesome!"

(Of course the hand is awful :kaoswt: )
I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenBratva