Am I the only one who just REALLY wants some male generator parts in MZ for once?

The A-ster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Seriously, I have a SLEW of MZ parts for females, but it seems like I have barely any male parts for MZ. They're about the same as when I first got the engine and it makes all of my male characters look bland and unoriginal. And all of the resources are MV-compatible. That'd be something I could be fine with, if the sprites for the Sideview Battlers had the exact same poses across the two engines, but it's been changed as a whole.

Anybody know of anything that can fix my issue? How do y'all feel about it?

GodCiunas

The Idea Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
They are very sparse. Personally I use pioneer valley gamings assets with Martins character creator. The sprites are taller and requires plugins to function for collision and another for the 8 directional movement. But what I like most is the library of assets available is rather large and the generator creates not only 8 directional walking sprites, but dashing, sv battlers, status animations , attack animations, character busts with different emotional face sets, paper doll (full body bust), and has some color control over the pieces. Plus the generator is still being developed with more and more features. Plus PVGAMES has premade character sprites and monster sprites, plus some generator monster bases. And you get all the character assets plus, artwork, custom tiles, though the tiles do require more advanced mapping skills, and he also releases hi res artwork for each of his monster sprites. You can get all the assets with a subscription and any future releases and bundles. Though it is alot of downloading and file extraction.

Fortunastreet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Never understood why there are 8+2 waifu generator packs and no husbando pack, but hey, what do I know about this market?

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Never understood why there are 8+2 waifu generator packs and no husbando pack, but hey, what do I know about this market?
My understanding is that at least part of it is the creators. If you go back through the product announcements, you'll see that the official RPG Maker Web asked (several months ago, if I recall) for artists who wanted to make Hero packs to be the equivalents of all of the Heroine DLCs.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I thought the heroine DLCs were just portraits/busts.

I have to find the tread thought... I might task myself if possible

123edc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
the change in pose while sticking to the overall style was a pretty sly cashgrab move on their part ... it realy sucks, that these part's don't fit together

as for the generator itself ...
i realy would wish, to have the possibility to use different body styles in-engine without having to swip swap [like the write as "solution" in certain dlc's] every time

also the manual rernaming of all community made parts is kinda tedious ...
isn't there a possibility, to auto - import these stuff?
[and a color wheel or the possibility to change colors of parts (like one eye color A the other color B) would give it a lot more flexibility]

other then that, yes, i agree ... the balance between male / female / kid / creatures doesn't realy fit

not only with generator parts, but also with the dlc's in general ...
there are a hand full, that do it right (like the popular fantasy pack) ...
but the main creators of our dlc-generator packs seems to have a thing for female characters

Fortunastreet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the change in pose while sticking to the overall style was a pretty sly cashgrab move on their part ... it realy sucks, that these part's don't fit together

as for the generator itself ...
i realy would wish, to have the possibility to use different body styles in-engine without having to swip swap [like the write as "solution" in certain dlc's] every time

also the manual rernaming of all community made parts is kinda tedious ...
isn't there a possibility, to auto - import these stuff?
[and a color wheel or the possibility to change colors of parts (like one eye color A the other color B) would give it a lot more flexibility]

other then that, yes, i agree ... the balance between male / female / kid / creatures doesn't realy fit

not only with generator parts, but also with the dlc's in general ...
there are a hand full, that do it right (like the popular fantasy pack) ...
but the main creators of our dlc-generator packs seems to have a thing for female characters

You might find this thread interesting: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ion-0-68-update-on-the-10th-april-2021.56569/

123edc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
yes and no,

yes that generator would actually go exactly into the direction i'd wished for our out of the box one ... as it fixes many of the things i'm critizicing

however, for me it unfortunatly is unusable ...

unlike the out of box editor [where i click a hair/clothing/accecoir one time ... it add's it ... i cklick it a second time ... it overwrites it]

the extended generator has the weird behavior of permanently adding a second, third, fourth item (instead of overwriting the old one) ... so i need to manually delate them each and every time ... [which is realy tedious work and kinda ruins the possibility, to quickly brows through it]

if that behavior would vanish, and i'd have the possibility, to choose ... that it automatically overwrites everytime [and only adds a second one, when a certain keyboard button is pressed] it would be realy what i'm looking for ... but sadly, not as is ...

HailTheQueen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
My feeling about it? I couldn't care less about male characters aesthetics.
And I guess the demand for female varierty is just greater, and so is the people willing to work on it

RianQuenlin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
the extended generator has the weird behavior of permanently adding a second, third, fourth item
The generator is good for what it does but it's actual file management is held together with chewing gum and a prayer. It relies on filenames in a certain format to work and with consecutive numbers, meaning you need to rename things by hand as there's no easy means to do it without cracking open Notepad to write up a rename shell script. Creating a script to automate such a process would not be outside the realm of possibility however.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Coin Locker title screen:
Still in progress...

Screenshot_134.png
the girls.png
So, these are all the girls of the party =3 (beside the protagonist if you play as a female.)
Now, I just have one more character sheet of the guys left and I'm done with their presentations =3
Can you recognize where this area is from? :kaocry:
Mq9QM3h.png
For those with up to 9 elements of magic; how do you structure your database. By element? Or by what is offensive vs supportive spells?
would anyone here be interested in rough concept art for the main protagonist of my game that might get changed later? :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetltd