Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You know I kinda like your Work (and also a big fan on one of your game) but it too bad since I herd the news that your using a different game engine (So people with a Mac can buy and play it) , Even if enterbrain or Delgica is now working on something just to make any rpg maker games work on MAC. Well good luck on your Aveyond series.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Even if enterbrain or Delgica is now working on something just to make any rpg maker games work on MAC.
They need to come up with a solution asap IMO.

This is the only real problem with RM, its main drawback vs its competitors.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You know I kinda like your Work (and also a big fan on one of your game) but it too bad since I herd the news that your using a different game engine (So people with a Mac can buy and play it) , Even if enterbrain or Delgica is now working on something just to make any rpg maker games work on MAC. Well good luck on your Aveyond series.
That is not set in stone. We do want to allow our games to be played on Mac OS, iOS and Android devices, so yes, we are looking at other engines. We have not yet confirmed that we will use another engine. If Enterbrain/Degica come up with something that will allow us to do this, there's a very good chance we'll stay with RPG Maker.

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not to take this further off topic, Jomar, but where did you hear that EB/Degica was working on a MAC solution? Last I heard, they were considering XNA, but still no update on that status.

Back on topic, thanks for sharing these wonderful resources Amaranth. It pleases me when artists that do well successfully also remember the communities they were a part. I don't use RMXP beyond playing RMXP games, but I'm sure there are people willing to negotiate terms and costs for commercial investments, and those doing this for a hobby will have more resources to choose from now.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you very much for these resources. They look amazing. :)

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not to take this further off topic, Jomar, but where did you hear that EB/Degica was working on a MAC solution? Last I heard, they were considering XNA, but still no update on that status.
Sorry for thew late post, I herd about the MAC solution in the official get satisfactions! site after one person message if their working on the MAC version and they say there working on it.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if you would ever we willing/interested in posting all of the other Amaranth games materials which have become publicly available. I am thinking of your Lovetown sets, and the various materials released on FSM. I realize that it takes time, of course...

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wuh! C'est magnifique! :3

d_a_renoir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@granny Deb: I didn't know FSM released Amaranth's amterials :o

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thought that was where I saw them posted, but it was quite awhile back - January 2011 or so - so maybe I am not remembering the site properly - but they were released somewhere. =]

d_a_renoir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Gramma Deb: It wasn't on FSM. That being said, Amaranth's stuff have been floating all over the internet illegally for a while now. I've stumbled across a whole bunch of 'em in Portuguese and Spanish sites/blogs/forums while tileset-hunting :wacko:

d_a_renoir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Gah! So it's one of the resources not listed in the main tab. Sorry, must have missed it.

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These look simply amazing. :D

amaranth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if you would ever we willing/interested in posting all of the other Amaranth games materials which have become publicly available. I am thinking of your Lovetown sets, and the various materials released on FSM. I realize that it takes time, of course...
Deb, it was me who posted that set on First Seed Material a few years ago. Same rules apply. Freeware = go ahead, just give credit. Shareware = contact me.

As Indinera noted, competition is growing. We can probably all agree that there is nothing as fun to use as RPG Maker out there. While there is a push to get RPG Maker on Mac, the Mac desktop audience is very small. While iOS audience is now as big as Windows, Mac is still a tiny sliver. (Last I looked Windows = 30%, iOS = 30%, Mac = 7%, Other platforms = the rest %)

I hope that by first building for Mac, RPG Maker is positioning itself for the larger iOS audience. With a decent path-finding script, RPG Maker would be a perfect fit for iOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
RM can be the next really big thing if it's multi-platforms. It should incorporate mouse control natively too.

I made a well-developed post about it:

http://forums.rpgmak..._140#entry67863

I can only hope E! sees it and agrees with it. BD

Last edited by a moderator:

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I think this topic should be moved to General Resources. :)

Great stuff by the way!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:
That trope is alive more than ever, not so much elemental Crystal's but gathering magical objects or doing "task" to unlock this oddly specific thing is everywhere, I saw it saw it in the IT 2 remake, avengers and every season of supernatural
It's raining...in winter :")
I was stunned-STUNNED-to find that I have been working on my current project since November. It feels like so much less time than that.
Stream will be live shortly with some art! Going to do a recolor, then start on a new monster! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceoxy-