Amaranth's Super Simple Mouse System for Ace

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Sorry to bother you Shaz,i found a little issue... If you dismount from the airship very close to a unpassable tile and click before reaching earth,your character gets stuck. I dont know if it happens with another vehicle.

Here is a screenshot:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you dismount? Where do you click prior to getting stuck? Does the dismount finish and the character move to where you clicked?

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
It is a littler hard to reproduce that issue,i dismounted using a double click with the mouse. And clicked again in a unpassable tile,while the character finishes desmounting. After that the player cannot move from that square.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been able to reproduce it. Can you try this?

Mouse 7 - Player script, line 28.

Change this:

Code:
      if !$game_message.busy? && !$game_message.visible && !@move_route_forcing &&        Mouse.trigger?(0) && !Mouse.grid.nil?
to this:
Code:
      if !$game_message.busy? && !$game_message.visible && !@move_route_forcing &&        !@vehicle_getting_on && !@vehicle_getting_off &&         Mouse.trigger?(0) && !Mouse.grid.nil?
Should ignore mouse input while getting on or off a vehicle.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Script fixed and reposted.

Also pulled documentation out into its own script. There are now 9 scripts to include, not 8.

DedTreeJig

Ancient Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a great script, easy and simple.  I did find one issue when you click on an event that is on an impassable tile and is surrounded by impassable tiles on either side.  

The book as a comment <mouse look 0 1 Book>.  If you start at position one and click the book you move to position X.  The same with 2-Y and 3-Z.  It seems if the player is at an angle to the event they stop  to the right or left of the event.  I hope I explained this well. 

This is all RTP,  the only scripts are the mouse scripts.

-Keith

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. I was getting something like that earlier, but I thought I'd fixed it. I'll post an update when I solve the problem :)

DedTreeJig

Ancient Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried the fix you posted earlier about dismounting vehicles, but that didn't fix it.  Thanks.

-Keith

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've found and fixed the problem. Can you download again please, and replace your Mouse 6 and Mouse 7 scripts (and Mouse 0 to keep your docs up to date) with the new ones?

DedTreeJig

Ancient Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That fixed it, it works like a charm now.  Thanks!

-Keith

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I dont know if this is a issue... The cursor doesnt responds when you click in a unpassable tile using a vehicle... It could be a problem if you have large worldmaps,because of the sea. In the airship if you click in a mountain or a sea,the hero desmounts the vehicle but in the case of the boat and the ship directly ignores mouse click.

Excuse me for my bad english and greetings from Argentina.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, thanks for that. The passability for vehicles is calculated differently. I'll take a look. There might also be an issue with events triggering while you're in a vehicle when they shouldn't.

DedTreeJig

Ancient Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've found another issue where if you click on an event and the player cannot reach the event, such as being blocked by a random moving NPC, the event will still trigger. 

-Keith

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The cursor doesnt responds when you click in a unpassable tile using a vehicle... It could be a problem if you have large worldmaps,because of the sea. In the airship if you click in a mountain or a sea,the hero desmounts the vehicle but in the case of the boat and the ship directly ignores mouse click.

I've found another issue where if you click on an event and the player cannot reach the event, such as being blocked by a random moving NPC, the event will still trigger.
Both of these issues have been fixed in version 1.04

I did have a problem where I couldn't get off the airship or control it using the keys, but when I restarted, I couldn't reproduce it. So please let me know if anyone bumps into this, and if you can detect any pattern to when it happens.

Adam Ferrell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will there be any effect if I am using an 8 direction script? Will it move diagonally or will it move just 4 ways to find the target?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since an 8-directional passability script is not RTP, then no, the player will not move diagonally IF the mouse script even works with your 8-dir script. At best, it would check if you can move vertically and horizontally to get to the diagonal tile, and would do that. At worst, it may not work at all (might even crash) depending on how that script has modified the Game_Map.check_passage method.

Only way is to try it and see. At least if it doesn't work, it's obvious which scripts need to be removed.

If you're handy with scripting and wanted to try modifying it, Game_CharacterBase is the script to look at, and the methods you're interested in are setup_map and run_path.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There was the problem when using the F1 Key. It make the mouse invisible.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think I can resolve this issue. Pressing the F1 key forces the new window to open, which makes the game lose focus. So any code I add to monitor for the F1 key being pressed and show the system mouse will actually not run, because the game's already lost focus.

If anyone knows a way around this, please let me know.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't understand the problem jomarcenter is having. The cursor disappears when you hit F1 but then it re-appears after closing the dialog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My smaller game will revolve around a single character who recruits monsters for the main story quest. Like me, he will have no social life and be hesitant to go outside. Heheh.
Waah!!
I finally got the outline for Mocha Gaze... so happy.
I hope I can get around to writing it this weekend. We'll see...
I spent the whole day creating and finishing around 12 skills and fixing 2 others... and 3 of them are still buggy... *sigh* only like 20 more skills to go!
I don't know why you should be reading this, but I doubt you're going to find anything useful here.
so, ive been gone for too long when i log in and see that everything is where is shouldn't be. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoss84