sutorumie

I'm a whimsical girl.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think we're on the same page here...

I need a script call or a variable to change the icon in the game. From an event. So that when the player makes a choice, the "DEFAULT_ICON" changes based on that choice. I can't use the script itself to do that, as there's only one option. One cursor, forever. Unchangeable.

Choice:

If: "I want the icon to be blue!"

then: DEFAULT_ICON == 'blue'

elseif: "I want the icon to be red!"

then: DEFAULT_ICON == 'red'

There could be a variable that changes "DEFAULT_ICON" to index #whatever, or there could be a script call that changes "DEFAULT_ICON" to 'touch' or 'fight'. NOT when hovering over an event. Is this clear enough because I don't know how else to explain ??

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah - you didn't say "change it IN-GAME".

You would need a mod to the script.  Probably the easiest thing would be to allocate a variable, which you could set to whatever icon index you want to use.  Then instead of using DEFAULT_ICON, it would grab the icon represented by that variable.

You're welcome to make a new request in RGSS3 Script Requests (link back to this thread) to see if someone can do it for you.  I could say I'll do it when I get some spare time, but in all honesty I'd probably forget about it with all the other stuff I have on my plate atm.

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Quick question. I added a 'show choices' option to the game, but now when an user clicks anywhere on the screen, it always selects the top option. This is an issue, when 'show choices' appears during gameplay, and the player accidentally selects this option while skipping the text. Is there a way to make it that the player MUST click on the actual choice, instead of clicking anywhere on the screen?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
On your 'show choices' event command, there is an option to disallows the automatic selection of the default.  Have you tried selecting that button?

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
On your 'show choices' event command, there is an option to disallows the automatic selection of the default.  Have you tried selecting that button?
Do you mean the "When Cancel" -> "Disallow/Choice 1/Choice 2 etc." ? Because I selected Disallow there, but it didn't do anything. I don't think there is an option to disallow automatic selection though.

Edit: Thank you for your reply btw.

Edit #2: Just in case anyone else is having the same problem. I decided to add a slight pause right before a choice, using this script: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/42823-pause-before-player-can-select-a-choice/ It can be a bit annoying, if the player chooses faster than the pause and having to click again, but it's better than clicking the wrong answer accidentally.

I wish it was possible to force a player to actually click on the choice, and the choice wouldn't activate when clicking outside of it.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought the code was specifically written to allow for the mouse to not be on the selection item (ie - if it was above the window, the first item would be selected; if it was below the window, the last item would be selected), but I had a quick look last night and couldn't find anything that said that.  So it's probably just a case of when the button is clicked, it processes whatever is currently selected which will be the top item by default.

I will see if I can make some time to add this check in.

alaky

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hello there Shaz, is it possible to use only the mouse movement that you written in this script?
To put it simple, I would like to disable clicks, but keep the movment. Since I use Falcão Mouse Script but it doesnt seem to work with Mog Scene A Screen, and yours work fine with mog, but its not compatible with some options of my game.

I tried using yours and Falcão togheter but I cant click anywhere in the title screen, although the movement works like magic. 

Thanks in advance!

Falcão Script:http://pastebin.com/qnau2hDg

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I noticed that when using for example:

<mouse talk 0 2 Guard>

And you are standing exactly 2 titles (0 2) below the Guard, you are not able to talk to him. You really have to go outside the "0 2" for it to work. Is this a known bug?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@alaky, what kind of movement do you want to keep - just the pathfinding stuff? Do you just want to get rid of the menu stuff, or do you want to get rid of ALL mouse clicks (including those on the map) and attach the pathfinding to your current mouse script? What sort of options in your game is the script not compatible with?

@lawina, so there is one tile between you and the guard? I haven't come across that issue before. I'll take a look - when I get a chance (which means you'll probably need to remind me in about a week) and see if I can duplicate it.

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@alaky, what kind of movement do you want to keep - just the pathfinding stuff? Do you just want to get rid of the menu stuff, or do you want to get rid of ALL mouse clicks (including those on the map) and attach the pathfinding to your current mouse script? What sort of options in your game is the script not compatible with?

@lawina, so there is one tile between you and the guard? I haven't come across that issue before. I'll take a look - when I get a chance (which means you'll probably need to remind me in about a week) and see if I can duplicate it.
Thanks :) It's not just the one tile, but also for example if it's set to 1 4 (and you are exactly at the 1 4 position, before you click the NPC) nothing happens when you click, and you have to step outside of that tile and then it works.

It's possible that one of the other scripts are causing the issue. I'll look into that first.

DarkCreator50

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, is there a way to make it so the mouse is usable only on menu or any selectable screens?

alaky

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I've made some tests, and decide to go with your script for the entire game, it will take me some time adding the new comments but no problem at all.

My only problem, is when using Mog Animated Title (Rin's title)

http://pastebin.com/c6z0665S

In the title, it does not select the options(Continue and Exit) other then new game, do you know some kind of fix I can try to solve it ? 

Thanks for the answers!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks :) It's not just the one tile, but also for example if it's set to 1 4 (and you are exactly at the 1 4 position, before you click the NPC) nothing happens when you click, and you have to step outside of that tile and then it works.

It's possible that one of the other scripts are causing the issue. I'll look into that first.
I was just about to ask about this issue as well ... I've uploaded a demo here to illustrate the problem: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y9tstce4hz2e47o/Demo.exe

It's set up so that when you click the ginger-haired guy, your character moves to the 2 0 tile and a dialogue appears. However, if I'm already standing on the 2 0 tile and click on the guy, nothing happens. There are no other scripts installed in this demo.

Wilczek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
I had the same problem, but it seems I've figured it out.

Replace lines 707-708

if @step < 1 clear_pathelsewith

Code:
if @step < 1  check_event_trigger_touch_frontelse

ZServ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is probably incredibly silly, but is there a way to check when/where the mouse was clicked? I'm currently thinking of a parallel process that checks if "clicked" is true, and then if it was, checking where, and then drawing an animation there, to give feedback that indeed the click was recognized. However, I'm unsure if this is something that the script "supports" or not. From what I can tell, it doesn't but I figure it never hurts to ask. :)

J_C

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Super Simple Mouse System
Shaz

Versions

Script

Get it here

Patches & Compatibility

Engr. Adiktuzmiko wrote a script that lets you save the enabled/disabled state.

You can find it here.

lordosthyvel has also made a patch for this script that allows diagonal movement.

You can find it here.

Magno has made a patch that fixes a problem in widescreen resolution when using Tsukihime's Unlimited Resolution script.

You can find it here.

Known Bugs

This does not work on maps that have horizontal or vertical looping (in Map Properties).

F12 causes the game to crash. I do not intend to address this, as F12 is not the standard or recommended way of starting a new game.

Script crashes if game title has non-Latin characters

FAQ

Q: Is this compatible with other scripts?

A: It is compatible with RTP scripts. It SHOULD be compatible with most other scripts, with the exception of those that do their own things with player/event collision (like pixel movement scripts) and possibly custom windows that don't behave like Window_Selectable. I don't know if the mouse scripts will work with those or not, but I do NOT plan to make mods to this script to make it compatible with any non-RTP scripts.

Credit and Thanks

- Shaz, Near Fantastica, SephirothSpawn, Amaranth Games

- lordosthyvel, for his diagonal movement patch

Author's Notes

• Okay for use in free and commercial games. Credit must be given.
  • Do NOT repost this script on other sites. Please provide a link here instead. I will NOT be going to other sites to give support for this script. 
  • Post any issues in this thread. I will attempt to fix any bugs with this script, when used with the RTP scripts. I will not attempt to fix bugs that are caused by using the mouse script with other custom scripts.
  • I do not recommend you use the find_path method on many events at a time (especially if they are likely to cross paths), or to make them walk long distances.
The link for the script only shows a blank page. Is the script still available somewhere?

http://ezmash.net/devblog/?p=49

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ik this forum is old probably wont get help but how do you get this script the link don't work just brings up white screen anywhere else I can get this?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Follow the link in my signature to my pastebin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintypatronus