Amaranth's Super Simple Mouse System for Ace

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Shaz, Sep 6, 2013.

1. sutorumie

sutorumie I'm a whimsical girl. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't think we're on the same page here...

I need a script call or a variable to change the icon in the game. From an event. So that when the player makes a choice, the "DEFAULT_ICON" changes based on that choice. I can't use the script itself to do that, as there's only one option. One cursor, forever. Unchangeable.

Choice:

If: "I want the icon to be blue!"

then: DEFAULT_ICON == 'blue'

elseif: "I want the icon to be red!"

then: DEFAULT_ICON == 'red'

There could be a variable that changes "DEFAULT_ICON" to index #whatever, or there could be a script call that changes "DEFAULT_ICON" to 'touch' or 'fight'. NOT when hovering over an event. Is this clear enough because I don't know how else to explain ??

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah - you didn't say "change it IN-GAME".

You would need a mod to the script.  Probably the easiest thing would be to allocate a variable, which you could set to whatever icon index you want to use.  Then instead of using DEFAULT_ICON, it would grab the icon represented by that variable.

You're welcome to make a new request in RGSS3 Script Requests (link back to this thread) to see if someone can do it for you.  I could say I'll do it when I get some spare time, but in all honesty I'd probably forget about it with all the other stuff I have on my plate atm.

3. lawina

lawina Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Quick question. I added a 'show choices' option to the game, but now when an user clicks anywhere on the screen, it always selects the top option. This is an issue, when 'show choices' appears during gameplay, and the player accidentally selects this option while skipping the text. Is there a way to make it that the player MUST click on the actual choice, instead of clicking anywhere on the screen?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    On your 'show choices' event command, there is an option to disallows the automatic selection of the default.  Have you tried selecting that button?

5. lawina

lawina Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Do you mean the "When Cancel" -> "Disallow/Choice 1/Choice 2 etc." ? Because I selected Disallow there, but it didn't do anything. I don't think there is an option to disallow automatic selection though.

Edit: Thank you for your reply btw.

Edit #2: Just in case anyone else is having the same problem. I decided to add a slight pause right before a choice, using this script: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/42823-pause-before-player-can-select-a-choice/ It can be a bit annoying, if the player chooses faster than the pause and having to click again, but it's better than clicking the wrong answer accidentally.

I wish it was possible to force a player to actually click on the choice, and the choice wouldn't activate when clicking outside of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I thought the code was specifically written to allow for the mouse to not be on the selection item (ie - if it was above the window, the first item would be selected; if it was below the window, the last item would be selected), but I had a quick look last night and couldn't find anything that said that.  So it's probably just a case of when the button is clicked, it processes whatever is currently selected which will be the top item by default.

I will see if I can make some time to add this check in.

7. alaky

alaky Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hello there Shaz, is it possible to use only the mouse movement that you written in this script?
    To put it simple, I would like to disable clicks, but keep the movment. Since I use Falcão Mouse Script but it doesnt seem to work with Mog Scene A Screen, and yours work fine with mog, but its not compatible with some options of my game.

I tried using yours and Falcão togheter but I cant click anywhere in the title screen, although the movement works like magic. 

Thanks in advance!

Falcão Script:http://pastebin.com/qnau2hDg

8. lawina

lawina Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I noticed that when using for example:

<mouse talk 0 2 Guard>

And you are standing exactly 2 titles (0 2) below the Guard, you are not able to talk to him. You really have to go outside the "0 2" for it to work. Is this a known bug?

9. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @alaky, what kind of movement do you want to keep - just the pathfinding stuff? Do you just want to get rid of the menu stuff, or do you want to get rid of ALL mouse clicks (including those on the map) and attach the pathfinding to your current mouse script? What sort of options in your game is the script not compatible with?

@lawina, so there is one tile between you and the guard? I haven't come across that issue before. I'll take a look - when I get a chance (which means you'll probably need to remind me in about a week) and see if I can duplicate it.

10. lawina

lawina Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks :) It's not just the one tile, but also for example if it's set to 1 4 (and you are exactly at the 1 4 position, before you click the NPC) nothing happens when you click, and you have to step outside of that tile and then it works.

It's possible that one of the other scripts are causing the issue. I'll look into that first.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
  11. DarkCreator50

DarkCreator50 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi, is there a way to make it so the mouse is usable only on menu or any selectable screens?

12. alaky

alaky Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I've made some tests, and decide to go with your script for the entire game, it will take me some time adding the new comments but no problem at all.

My only problem, is when using Mog Animated Title (Rin's title)

http://pastebin.com/c6z0665S

In the title, it does not select the options(Continue and Exit) other then new game, do you know some kind of fix I can try to solve it ? 

Thanks for the answers!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  13. Pilgrim Adventures

Pilgrim Adventures Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I was just about to ask about this issue as well ... I've uploaded a demo here to illustrate the problem: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y9tstce4hz2e47o/Demo.exe

It's set up so that when you click the ginger-haired guy, your character moves to the 2 0 tile and a dialogue appears. However, if I'm already standing on the 2 0 tile and click on the guy, nothing happens. There are no other scripts installed in this demo.

14. Wilczek

Wilczek Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    I had the same problem, but it seems I've figured it out.

Replace lines 707-708

if @step < 1 clear_pathelsewith

Code:
    if @step < 1  check_event_trigger_touch_frontelse

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  15. ZServ

ZServ Veteran Veteran

This is probably incredibly silly, but is there a way to check when/where the mouse was clicked? I'm currently thinking of a parallel process that checks if "clicked" is true, and then if it was, checking where, and then drawing an animation there, to give feedback that indeed the click was recognized. However, I'm unsure if this is something that the script "supports" or not. From what I can tell, it doesn't but I figure it never hurts to ask. :)

16. J_C

J_C Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The link for the script only shows a blank page. Is the script still available somewhere?

http://ezmash.net/devblog/?p=49

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
  17. Wilczek

Wilczek Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
    J_C likes this.
  18. J_C

J_C Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  19. Ashley Hart Gramm

Ashley Hart Gramm Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Ik this forum is old probably wont get help but how do you get this script the link don't work just brings up white screen anywhere else I can get this?

20. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Follow the link in my signature to my pastebin.