RMMV
I believe that should be || not &&

txtk

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
I think I have found an important bug. I'm unable to use the cursor to move the main character around the map after loading a game after a gameover.

Loading the game works great in other circumstances. But when loading a saved game file after a gameover, I'm unable to use the mouse to move the hero around.

The cursor icon is still appear, you can still right-click to open the menu. You just can't use that cursor to click on the map to make the character walks into that area. The mouse still works great in the menu.

I'm pretty sure this is not a scripts confliction, since I tested it with a brand new project with no other non-RTP scripts.

I went through the discussions in this thread and haven't see this problem reported.

Edit: After further tests, it seems like it's not just about the gameover. It's about loading the game file from the title screen after you got gameover or went to the title screen by an event (Return to Title Screen), or if you try to load a game file via an event script call ( SceneManager.call(Scene_Load) ) .

Basically, if you go to the title screen or load the game via the Menu by the traditional method (Esc, X, Right mouse click) , then the mouse works great after you loaded the saved file.

But if you go to the title screen or load the game or open the Menu (Open Menu Screen) straight from the map via an on-map Event, including GameOver after battle, then you wouldn't be able to use the mouse to move the hero, until you teleport the hero to another map. Strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
Can someone tell me how to disable this mouse script in title menu? :(

KrispyTheKorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry fro necro posting but I was wondering if there was a way to change a character/sprite to an alternative when you mouse hover over them?

Extremely useful script otherwise. Thank you!!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'd need to request a script addon. RGSS3 Script Requests forum.

Tekaji Hatake

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz Sorry for bothering (and re-awakening this recently revived dead thread again). But I was wondering if there is a way to select "right click" being pressed for a conditional branch. As in when making a conditional branch requiring a certain button press. Is it possible to make that button the right-click of your mouse script? Thanks in advance!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure the mouse buttons are tied to the regular input keys, so you should be able to test for left-click by looking at the Action Button, and right-click by looking at the Escape/Cancel button, however you have them defined.

If that doesn't work, try
Code:
Input.trigger?(:B)
or
Code:
Input.repeat?(:B)
in the script call of the conditional branch.

Tekaji Hatake

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you for the speedy reply. I honestly was not expecting to hear a response so soon. So sorry for this late one. Thank you! I have done what you said, and it works. I have noticed when using "The B Button is Being Pressed" in a Auto-event the B Button on the keyboard works fine when triggering the condition. While the Right-Click is ignored.

However, during a Parallel Process. The Right-Click is detected as "B" being pressed, and the actual B (Escape/Cancel) button works as intended. Using the code you provided allows for it to be detected as "B" during Auto-events and Parallel events as well. Which is also nice. (Thanks a lot!!)

A new personal problem I face (which I doubt can be helped). Is trying to get the Right-Click to work during other events. In the game I am working on. I would like for the player to be able to access the menu at all times. Even during events. Normally, I would do this by making the main event a "Parallel" event. While creating a separate event-- an Auto-Event-- which responds to (is triggered by) the players input. (I.E. The B Button.) This continuously works with the real B button. However, not so much with the Right-Click function.

Again, however, the Right-Click continues to work when progressing text and canceling choices. But does not trigger the event when pressed as intended. I have tried many different combinations using the code you provided. But when using said code, nor the B or Right-Click are detectable (to the conditional branch).

So, I ask. If anyone knows an alternative to handling event processing. I am very well open to it. Otherwise, I will take what I can get. This is actually the best mouse script I have seen so far. And I am thankful enough for it already. I really appreciate the assistance Shaz, and it actually helps a lot still. Thank you for posting! (Sorry for the long message.)

Ahsan Iqbal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
mouse move is not working for me (player is not moving when i click)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ahsan Iqbal We need more detail than that - at the moment the cause could be anything!
Do you have any other script which affects movement? If you do, what happens if you disable them?
Whereabouts in your script list have you put it? I don't know if it makes any difference, but I put mine down at the bottom.
Did you start a New Game when you tested it, or did you use an old save file?
Are you sure that you are clicking on a passable tile? If it is not a passable tile (i.e. it is marked with an x) or there is no unobstructed route to the tile, then nothing will happen. Perhaps if you try it on a map that has nothing other than a ground tile, with nothing to obstruct the player's movement you could see if that was the problem.

Ahsan Iqbal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
sry i forgot im newbie the game i was trying on is A Zombie Life yes i started a fresh new game yes i am clicking on a possible tile and seems like click is a action (space button) in that game with this script

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's a game you're playing, please go back to the developer and ask for help. If you are not the developer and do not have the project file for the game, you will not be able to check things that we need you to check.

10hp10

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Sorry for the necro but this script is really great. Question, is it possible to make it so that the player characters position is irrelevant? I just want to be able to click an event and it'll activate as if I had pressed it with the character. Thanks!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can activate an event without having to walk up to it. Add the following comment to an event:
<autoactivate>
and when you click on it, it will start straight away, and the player will not walk up to it.
I posted that 4 years ago ;)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz
I've had a report in from a player of A Timely Intervention that they are getting this error message
image002.png
That game has been out for years now, with a huge number of players, and this hasn't come up before. The player is about half way through the game.
Any idea what the problem might be?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes

That line is looking at the icon sheet to find the cursor. It seems you may be using an icon that's not defined somewhere (could be as simple as incorrect case).

Can you find out what the player is doing when the error message appears? I expect they are moving the cursor over something. You'll need to check that event and make sure the icons are all defined on lines 108/109 of the script.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hiatus; Still doing my best to get employed. :hwink:
Finally took the plunge and got myself MV. Time for some productivity!
Not more Goblins but variations of the Irish Merrow this time...

Okay so now you can prepend a JS library to your Haxe plugin. You can also prepend your attribution information to every compiled plugin.

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatlift