Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz I don't use any icon on an event (e.g. 'Talk' or any of the others you mention in the header), so I don't think it can be that.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes do you use the <mouse ...> tag at all in any event comments? That is definitely what is throwing the error. Perhaps to show text?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz No, I have never used that tag ever, except as below. I only use the script for movement.

EDIT I do use the <mouse arrow 0 1> comment for shopkeepers, but there are no shops where the player is.

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes, what do you have on lines 108 - 110 of the script?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz
Code:
ICON = {'arrow' => 345, 'talk' => 4, 'look' => 3, 'fight' => 116,
        'touch' => 491, 'exit' => 121}
DEFAULT_ICON = 'arrow'

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes, Okay.

I'm assuming your line 161 is this:
Code:
rect = Rect.new(item_cursor % 16 * 24, item_cursor / 16 * 24, 24, 24)
Line 161 is only run if it's trying to set the mouse cursor. And that only happens if you have an event somewhere with a <mouse ...> comment. If you definitely do not have any of those comments on that map (or in any common events that might be run on that map), I cannot see any reason for the error to happen - it shouldn't even be running that function.

At this stage, I would be confirming that the player has a legitimate version of the game and not a hacked one. From time to time we would get Aveyond players asking for help with the most obscure bugs that nobody else ever encountered and we could not find a reason for. 9 times out of 10 they were playing a hacked game.

If it's a legitimate copy of the game, and you're happy to send me through your original project and can get a save file from the player (assuming they have one shortly before the crash, and the crash is easily reproducable), I can take a look for you.

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz That's exactly what my line 161 has.

It might well be a hacked game, then. If I add together all the copies sold on Aldorlea's site plus on Steam, this game has been played several thousand times and this crash has not come up before.

Thanks for your time and trouble.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No worries. If you do verify that it's a legal copy, I'm happy to take a look at it for you and see if I can troubleshoot. In fact, if you can get hold of their save file and make it happen yourself, I can tell you exactly what changes to make to the script to add some debugging comments and find out what's going on yourself - no need to send anything to me to look at.

If you use the comment for shopkeepers, and, say, forgot to put the icon first but put Shopkeeper or their name, it could cause that error. But as you say, no shops on that map ...

Reactions: Kes

GreenBanana

Active Chain and Combo Input Skills plugin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Error:
upload_2019-4-5_9-20-21.png

Circumstance:
When transferring the player to a new map.

The mouse is not hovering over an event.
The map does not loop in either direction.
The script used to increase resolution is [Yanfly] Ace Core Engine and not "Tsukihime".
The game title only includes English letters, and also includes hyphens and parentheses.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That usually means you have an icon on that map that doesn't exist in the setup. Check the setup and make sure all icons exist in your icon database, and check the code for all events on that new map.

GreenBanana

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That usually means you have an icon on that map that doesn't exist in the setup. Check the setup and make sure all icons exist in your icon database, and check the code for all events on that new map.
The target map of the transfer has no events on it whatsoever.

Update:

Noticing 194 may be the error. Not sure what
Code:
    unless event.nil? && y < 410
required the number "410" for. Without knowing Ruby code, "y < 410" would seem to indicate an arbitrarily imposed limit of the script not working on maps larger than 410 tiles, with the error being that RPG Maker VX Ace allows for maps up to a size of 500 by 500 tiles.

Only the coder who used Yukihiro Matsumoto's Ruby coding language can vouch for the necessity of this limitation.

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
410 is the top of the HUD. If you don't have a HUD, you don't need that check. That may have crept into one of the updates.

GreenBanana

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
410 is the top of the HUD. If you don't have a HUD, you don't need that check. That may have crept into one of the updates.
Alright. Well, changing it to 500 fixed it. Thanks very much for the elaboration.

Rudostan

Descent Game Programmer/ Terrible Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Your script works like a charm to me. Expect yourself to be in credits. Thanks! My project is not commercial.

Rudostan

Descent Game Programmer/ Terrible Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I only have one question: How to make the player's very computer mouse icon be a default icon on the screen in the game?

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Rudostan, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to add something to your post, please use the 'Edit' button to do so.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
There is a bug with this script.
Say you have a corridor with 2 events that are "Below Characters" as Priority and "Player Touch" as trigger:
-----x-------------------y----
x and y are you 2 events.

When you play without the mouse, if you go from left to right, as you step on event x, you get what happens in it (for instance dialogues).
Then you're free to move again and if you continue right you get event y as well, as it should be.

However with the mouse, if your character is on the left and you click on the right, then your character will start going to the right (logical), but as it steps on event x, it will not stop. Event x will still be triggered but the character will keep moving (which in itself doesn't look very good).
But the bigger problem is, if event x is not finished before you reach the right part of the corridor, event y will completely be overlooked.
This might cause game-crashing bugs, like for instance if event y contains a switch that needs to be ON to continue.

Is there any known fix per chance?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Indinera there is
I got this made for me by @A-Moonless-Night
Code:
#==============================================================================
# ** Game_Player
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This class handles the player. It includes event starting determinants and
# map scrolling functions. The instance of this class is referenced by
# $game_player.
#==============================================================================

class Game_Player < Game_Character
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Frame Update
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  alias amn_shazmouse_gameplayer_mousesupport_update  update
  def update
    amn_shazmouse_gameplayer_mousesupport_update
    stop_movement_if_message
  end

def stop_movement_if_message
    clear_path if $game_message.busy? || $game_message.visible
  end

end
Causes the player to stop while the message is being displayed.

Last edited:

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
@Roninator2
Thank you, where should I put it?

EDIT: got it, working, thank you so much.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After 2 years of writing, planning and outlining I finally finished the first draft of my first book in its entirety! I'll admit I got a little lazy with some of the word and description on those last 10 pages but that what 2and and 3rd drafts are forrrr, now after 20 hours of no sleep imma nap for 2 hours before my kid wakes me up to try and play.
Think of the potential now that picking up object is possible!
My first Video Scene - Kraken Art By @whtdragon -

Still needs work but its a start.
Considering a side project of making a Choose Your Own Adventure in MV but letting people play it as YouTube videos with the choices at the end leading to other videos. Thoughts?
I've made a rudimentary prototype map for the first game with the MV RTP overworld tiling. I'm probably going to photoshop the crap out of it for parallax, but the prototype has given me new ideas about how I want to place dungeons in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ndieminstitute05