Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Indinera What I do is put this script call as the first command on such an event
$game_player.clear_path
This causes the player to stop on that event and it then runs.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did the same as @Kes.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I noticed one thing.

The Effectus Anti-Lag main coupled with the Shaz/Effectus comp patch causes the mouse not to take "new" commands the moment one command has been passed and not completed yet.
For instance if you click to go to the top/right then immediately change your mind and click elsewhere, the mouse won't take your second command and you'll have to wait that your character reaches the top/right first.
Removing the 2 aforementioned scripts does fix this strange behavior. Or maybe it was intended to be this way?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just did some testing and the effectus has nothing to do with it.
I eliminated my scripts (in a test project) and found that the new commands was blocked by my Victor Sant Diagonal movement script.

And for me it seems to be Line 482 in VE Diagonal Movement script
return if !movable? || $game_map.interpreter.running?

*UPDATE
Looks like I fixed it by putting VE Diagonal movement above Shaz Super Simple Mouse.

Last edited:

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
@Roninator2
Thanks for your tests.

I redid mine and can confirm that solely removing Effectus Anti-Lag main and Shaz/Effectus comp patch does fix the bug.
However I do not have any Victor Sant Diagonal movement script.

I did check for the line return if !movable? || $game_map.interpreter.running? and it shows up in some additional scripts:
Michael 8D movement
Unfortunately this one is already above Shaz Super Simple Mouse so I can't follow your recommendation.

EDIT: I also have the script "Mouse Diagonals" but according to its description it's not by Victor Sant. Putting this one above the mouse script doesn't fix the bug either.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure then. The order of my scripts are
Effectus script
VE Base
VE Diagonal movement
Shaz Mouse script
Shaz effectus comp patch

I just tried a few other diagonal scripts and none worked for me. Maybe try the VE Diagonal script and see if it works.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I have these 3 in the same order as you:
Effectus script
Shaz Mouse script
Shaz effectus comp patch

I also have the script "Mouse diagonals" but removing it doesn't fix the issue. It's only if I remove the effectus ones.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I use Theoallen's anti-lag instead and I don't have that problem, so yes it does appear to be an Effectus issue.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thanks for the specification @bgillisp .
Is there any chance for a fix? It does seem more natural to deal with a new command instantly rather than have to wait for the full path to be performed first...

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
By the maker of Effectus? Unlikely, they poofed a few years ago. That's why I stopped using the script as I couldn't get support for issues anymore. Maybe someone else on here can make a patch though?

Unfortunately changing anti-lag scripts will break everyone's save games (something I learned when I did it) so that might be a change to make for the next game if it is one that is already released.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Maybe someone else on here can make a patch though?

I'm hoping for a quick fix, sometimes just one line is enough, except you have to be good at scripting to be able to produce it, and this I'm not lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...
Finsh all of the walking dead game in a week, such an amazing emotional trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariominestrone