Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I remember making a patch for someone who wanted to be able to click on an event and activate it without actually walking up to it.
Maybe this thread?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good find, but it's not the one I'm thinking of. That one's about a HUD where they didn't want the event to activate. The one I'm thinking of wasn't to do with a HUD, but they did want the event to activate - they just didn't want the player to move to it first.

idleberry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
F12 solution!

I really wanted to add a mouse to the project, while all the versions of the mouse I found had the same drawback - a conflict with f12. in half a day we found a common solution. but this particular version of the script was fixed.

link to the Russian site, where the discussion and the search for a solution took place (a topic with a ready-made solution):
https://rpgmaker.su/f120/[vx-ace]-Фикс-скрипта-мыши-4702/

I will also attach screenshots illustrating the editing of the code:
sol1.png
sol2.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

idleberry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
it turned out that the essence of the problem in all scripts with a mouse is the same:
f12 nil everything it can, including the graphics of the mouse cursor.
after which the script's attempt to interact with the nil graphics results in an error.
the simplest solution turned out to be:
1) make a check for nil - blocking the script to avoid an error
2) reinitialize the script.

ps
all these scripts were written ten years ago, if not more. and to this day they all still contain this error ... I'm at a loss. 0o

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really never looked at what other scripts were out there. This was a port of an XP script that was a heavy mod of something written by Near Fantastica and SephirothSpawn. It may be that their script was the basis for several others. I also don't know how many people would have used F12 to reset their games - it's not something I ever did, and not sure how many players who weren't RM users would have done it.

idleberry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I also don't know how many people would have used F12 to reset their games
The primary use of f12 is usually exit from the battle - when you realize that you have lost, but you need to wait a very long time until the moment of defeat (the end of the battle). mainly in games where you have to replay difficult battles many times.
one friend of mine made a game where all the fights are of this kind (this is a real curse). and he did it on vx ace.
I really wanted to have a mouse in the game - lying on the couch is not very convenient to play with the keyboard ... and he did not want to add a mouse because of the problem with f12. I found three scripts that add a mouse, but this problem was everywhere.
that one, Mouse System by Jet ( https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/152-mouse-system/ ), Luna Engine.

and I had to solve it ><
(as a result, I found the essence of the problem and my friend, being a better programmer than I solved it on his own)

idleberry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
N/A

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Must have got messed up in the old forum change. Thanks for pointing it out - fixed now.

Please note the double posting rules on this site (forum rules can be accessed via the Help link at the top of the page) - if you want to add something and yours is the last post and is less than 72 hours old, just edit your last post instead of double posting.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The full estate map(include 1F,2F,3F and backyard), yes the backyard is a small labyrinth as well as an entrance to a real labyrinth!
Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grazzok