Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, doing that now.

Ocedic

Dog
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I've found a bug in which you can still move around during an NPC's move route. Here are some simple repro steps:

- Create an event that is activated on player press which makes This Event take a long-ish move route. For example, you could move Up Right Down Left over and over for a few cycles. Check Wait Until Completed.

- Start test mode and activate the event.

- Click around and your character can still be controlled during the move route.

This was tested on a fresh project.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, someone else has already logged this. I'll provide a fix.

oldbone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First off - excellent script!

This is the first time I've found something that just "works" with the Yanfly scripts :)

... Um... anyway to make the mousewheel work for scrolling menus? (it just scrolls too fast when you hover over that little down arrow)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have updated the script with fixes for the following two issues:

- fixed player being able to click and walk while an NPC move route is in progress. Now, mouse pathfinding does not work until an event initiated by the player has finished running.

- fixed issue where player would walk up to an event, but the event would not trigger. Now, you don't have to click on the event a second time to initiate it.

I've also removed the individual scripts and just left it as a single, large script. It was just becoming too difficult to maintain separate pastebins for the combined and individual scripts.

Remember to reapply any mods you might have made (eg - map hud)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Rapu

One foot in grave, the other in hell.
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I have to say that this is the best mouse script for Ace. I read the instructions and couldn't find a way to activate an event when mouse button is clicked (without player actually walking on that position), if the event is unreachable by player.

Also my fresh project crashes when I press F12 to reset the game.

Thanks for the script!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, there is no way to activate an event without the player walking to it.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure, but I think I may have found a bug.  I have some places where the player must jump across a stream.  The events work perfectly using the keyboard, but not at all with the mouse.  Either nothing happens or the following error message comes up:

">http://http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/ksjp17/media/Errormessage_zps1ce9a9ee.png.html'>

If the player by chance clicks on the jump event on the other side, that error message comes up as well.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An event with a Jump command works for me.

What version of the script are you using? Can you tell me what line 763 says?

Also, does this happen when you click on it, or when the player reaches it? Can you give me a screenshot of the event page?

Is this from a game started AFTER you installed the script, or are you playing with a save file created BEFORE the script was added?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have had the script installed since the beginning of the game.  I have, however, just installed your latest version, released a couple of days ago.  I didn't think that made such a difference as to require a fresh playthrough.

line 762 (so you can place the occurrence more easily) and 763 read:

def update_pathfinding
    p @map[@x, @y]

Exactly what happens depends on how I approach the event and where I click.  The event is left of a stream one tile wide.

• If I approach from the left, having clicked on the tile with the event, the character jumps one tile too soon and ends up in the stream, and so stuck (could this be because of the alteration you made the other day so that events are triggered with only one click, not after having to put in a second click?)
  • If I am standing immediately above or below the event and then click on it, the jump happens correctly.
  • If I click on the tile on the other side (which has the event for jumping back) then I get the error message.  It would be very easy for the player to do this, as there is a path indicating the direction the player needs to go.
  • If I click anywhere else on the other side, nothing happens, the character does not move.
Here is the event page.  I have tried it with the script call $game_player.clear_path and without.

">http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/ksjp17/media/Jumpevent_zps25f7d4fa.png.html'>

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I know what's causing it to jump 1 tile too soon - it was one of the recent fixes, that still needs to be tweaked a little more.

Can you delete that p @map[@x, @y] line from the script (or just redownload, as I removed some unnecessary stuff) and see if the error still happens?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I deleted the line, as suggested, and that error message/crash doesn't happen any more.  It has become like any other tile on the other side, i.e. the character does not move.

The jumping too soon error still happens, but I assume from your comment that is a separate issue.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It has become like any other tile on the other side, i.e. the character does not move.
I'm not sure what this means. Is it doing what you expect, or is something still wrong (other than the jumping too soon, which is, as you say, a separate issue)?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's doing what I have come to expect i.e. if I click on a tile which is on the other side of an impassable barrier (in this case a stream, on the world map the other side of a mountain range, that sort of thing), the sprite does not respond other than look in that direction.  It doesn't move.  I have assumed it's because the pathfinding can't work out a way past the barrier and so stays put.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, if you can't reach it, you can't trigger it. This should happen whether you're using the mouse or the keyboard.

tpgrish

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi.

I am new to the forums, and have been using this awesome script for my work.

I know this mouse wasn't specifically meant for battle, but in battle the mouse cannot be used to target enemies (only keyboard can be used for that). With the mouse, you can only target the enemy which starts off highlighted. All the other battle menus work. Is it possible to enable people to change between enemy targets in battle?

Thanks

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using the RTP battle script, or another? With this script, you choose your enemies from the list of enemies, not by clicking on the image of the enemy. This is the same as what the keyboard does.

tpgrish

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are you using the RTP battle script, or another? With this script, you choose your enemies from the list of enemies, not by clicking on the image of the enemy. This is the same as what the keyboard does.
I use Battle Engine Symphony. I don't see a list, when in combat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Work on Yanfly's MZ plug-ins is coming along nicely. Looking forward to getting them: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Core_Engine_VisuStella_MZ
so uh variables can only be used for num lol? I guess I gotta fix that once MZ come out lol
I didn't think I'd spend the evening jamming out to the battle theme of a Hole Punch.
Welcome back to the dark era, where everything is in dark mode!
I'm not complaining! :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subaya