Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works with RTP. I don't provide support to get it working with other scripts. You'll either need to figure it out on your own, or get someone else to help you (in a new thread in RGSSx Script Support, providing links to both scripts).

Sorry. I don't mind helping out with small things, but battle systems aren't small things and I just don't have the time to do do it.

tpgrish

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I understand, I'll figure something out.

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Just stopping in to say I've been using this script for a while now, and I'm really enjoying it. :) I never understood the appeal of playing an RPG with a mouse (being more of a console gamer myself), but once I tried it, I could see some of the appeal. I had to do a lot of various little edits to integrate it with my custom systems, but nothing was overly hard. Mostly just redefining the selection area a few times.

I do have one question. For the process_mouse_handling in Window_Selectable, is there a reason you calculate the selection area yourself instead of using item_rect? Or is that just from this being based on an XP script where I don't believe item_rect existed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This WAS based on an XP script, and while I made a HUGE amount of changes to simplify and enhance, that's clearly one area that didn't even occur to me :) I actually don't recall if XP had item_rect or not - the original script did the full calculation, and as it worked, I just never considered changing it.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will look into modding it to use item_rect.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A while back I reported a bug that following a change you had made so that the player didn't need to click twice on an event to get it to run, a new problem had emerged.  You wrote that this was something you would be looking into. (see post http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/17829-amaranths-super-simple-mouse-system-for-ace/?p=187973).

I was wondering if you had had the chance to look at this yet?  If it were only the odd jump I might try and eliminate the problem by re-designing those points in the maps, but it does appear to be more extensive in that even with the correct comment (mouse arrow 0 2) the player can end up one tile to the side and so the shop event takes place with the sprites looking over each other's shoulders, rather than face to face.

Thanks.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the reminder! I had forgotten.

I've made a number of fixes and posted a new build - 1.08

• Now works with YEA Core Engine where the map is smaller than the screen size and is centered in the window; you should not see any differences if you are not using YEA's core script
  • Fixed early event activation bug introduced in 1.06 (this is yours, ksjp17)
  • Replaced calculation of Window_Selectable boundaries with item_rect (Racheal's suggestion) - you should not really see any difference due to this
  • Added ability to completely disable the mouse
You can now to a script call with either of these commands:
$mouse.enabled = false- hides custom mouse, makes system mouse visible, disables all mouse input
Code:
$mouse.enabled = true
- hides system mouse, makes custom mouse visible, enables all mouse input
Note - this value is NOT saved anywhere. If you want your game to remember that the mouse is enabled or disabled, you will need to set something up to call one of the above commands whenever the game is launched, or a new game started or a saved game is loaded, depending on how global you want the mouse setting to be.

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Sweet. A mouse on/off option was an idea I tossed about adding later, so this update saved me the trouble if I decide to implement it. :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never worried about it before, as the script has never FORCED the mouse to be used. But I've been asked by a few if it's possible to specifically disable it.

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It can stop the keyboard from functioning correctly if you leave the mouse pointer hovering over the screen, so it makes sense to offer an off switch if the player never intends to use the mouse.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, you're right, it does. If I ever want to use the keyboard, I just move the mouse outside the window. Can't do that if you're playing in fullscreen, though (and I normally DO use the mouse, so rarely come across that one). Good point.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
EDIT

Delete what I just wrote.  I now see that my mouse is broken.  Need to buy a new one.

EDIT AGAIN

I was right first time.  It appears that my mouse is not broken.  So here is the query again.

Pathfinding does not appear to work.  If I walk up to an event using the arrows I can interact with it; menus work, but not pathfinding.  I re-installed version 1.06 and pathfinding works.  I then re-installed 1.08.  Pathfinding works on the map that the game opens up in, but change map and pathfinding stops.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I can repro this. Give me a few minutes.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have installed the script below everything, just in case, and I still have it so that pathfinding is operating on the opening map but not after you change map.  I can see the mouse icon and use it in the menus.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So sorry - a silly mistake on my part.

Go to the Game_Interpreter part of the script, where it says this:

def run $mouse.ignored = false if @lock_player shaz_mouse_game_interpreter_run $mouse.ignored = true if @lock_player endand swap the true/false values on those two lines, so it looks like this:
Code:
  def run    $mouse.ignored = true if @lock_player    shaz_mouse_game_interpreter_run    $mouse.ignored = false if @lock_player  end
I'll fix it in the script straight away.I believe it's got nothing to do with actually transferring to a new map, but it would have happened the moment you'd triggered ANY event.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Done. Working.

Thanks

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It works perfectly fine for me too. Thank you !

Now I have to edit my "known issues" log file :) .

Bluevvorld

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
wow this is so awesome man! was looking for a mouse script.^^ THANKS SO MUCH! 

brandos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The script is really great but is there any free movement/8-dir script which works with it?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably not, and I'm afraid I won't be modifying the script to work with any pixel-movement or 8-dir scripts either. You will likely have to get someone to combine them for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmydark