Ammunition System & Add-on (Crafting System)

CaliburnAltais

Kamen Rider Altais
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Well i guess that everybody or at least a lot of persons use things like that (not only rpg maker, but also other programs like Word, Windows and games). So they didn't should complains about this if they do the same, (i don't know you my dear Starbound, if you are saying, implies that you do the right and don't uses that kind of thing)

But i known about that problem. The major problem of uses this is that you can't complain whit the company if you computer gets damaged. SO it is my own risk of use.

Also i am not divulging/posting illegal/pirated material, i known that this will causes problems to me in that forum.

Also, this isn't even the topic main subject, but thanks for the worry.

pikotan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
https://www.dropbox.com/home

Hi, Unconnected42
I reaffirmed this topic to look at your e-mail. My game file is the link above. Not still problems can be solved. When ON the Yep-Weapon Unleash, "attack [5]" it will no longer be displayed.
Thank you and you are me to come back after a long time

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@pikotan

Thank you for the link, but I think it points to the dropbox hompage that you must use when you connect and not to the file you want to show me. Please provide me the link to the real file !

Michael Caiola

The Stone Bull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having an issue with Weapon Unleash, as well. When I replace the regular attack skill with another skill, the ammunition tag doesn't work. It works fine if I assign the skills normally.

I could probably use that BattleCommandList plugin you made your plugin compatible with, but I really like the Weapon Unleash plugin. Is there any way to make it work with yours?

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I just fixed the plug-in to make it compatible ! Just re-download it : Plug-in Js

I hope it will work for you this time. I also hope pikotan who has the same problem will see this,

Actually, I thank you for mentioning the Bobstah's BattleCommandList plugin, because as I stated in a previous message I had not found an incompatibility with Weapon Unleash when I tested before... but that was because my own BattleCommandList plug-in was on ! And it hid the incompatibility with Weapon Unleash by making the battle command list work well despite it. Because you mentioned it I thought of this possibility and was able to realize compatibility with Weapon Unleash was really broken when BattleCommandList was not present.

Michael Caiola

The Stone Bull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you!!! Holy crap you just saved me a huge headache. Bobstah plugin is great but it's much easier to accomplish the same goal with Yanfly.

I will try this later.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Wait to see if it works for you before thanking, you never know !    :guffaw:

Michael Caiola

The Stone Bull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, you attempted to fulfil my request in under 24 hours. Even if you failed miserably, it's awesome I thank you.

EDIT: @Unconnected42 This has nothing to do with your plugin update, just my stupidity. I changed some stuff around and now I can't get skill ammunition to work. I stripped away all the fancy stuff and just made the default attack, ID 1, use ammunition. Buuut, it won't work now.

EDIT 2: Okay, it works. But none of the ammo counts are showing up...

EDIT 3: Went back to the old plugin and now the skill notetags don't work at all. I don't know what's going. It's making my head hurt.

EDIT 4: Created a clean project, installed your new plugin and only that plugin. Added ammo to Attack skill. Using Attack depletes ammo, but there's no ammo number or message during battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Technically, the request for compatibility with Weapon Unleash was made a while ago, so I took much more than 24h to complete it... Your post juste motivated me to correct it because it made me realize the reason I could not experience the bug before.

As for what you say now, I verified and yes, ammunition didn't show up for normal attack ; ammo was only supposed to show up for weapons and special skills, I never thought about the possibility of normal attacks needing ammo, but if you think about it a little people might try this just for the purpose of testing just like you did, So it is better that it also works for notmal attack.

It should be corrected too now (for the case of your edit number 4) if you check last version.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to make the weapons which will be using the ammo system accept multiple ammunition types?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do I need to add <Unco Ammo> into the notes? Or am I missing something? It doesnt seem to work either way.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ProjectDeadGaming I know it was likely because your posts were waiting approval, but just so you know, double posting is not allowed (posting twice in a row like that). No worries, as I know the pending posts can be confusing, just wanted you to know.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@ProjectDeadGaming 

To have a weapon or a skill need ammo, you need to put tags in its notebox. Not <Unco Ammo>, but just a tag identifying the exact item/armor/whatever ammo type that you want the weapon or skill to use.

The main tags that most people will probably want to use are essentially <Ammo ID Item: COST> for using normal items as ammo, or <Ammo ID Equip: COST> for using armor as ammo (there are other possibilities, check the main post or plug-in help for more details).

If the needed ammo is an equip/armor, then the ammo will have to be actually equipped in order for the attack/skill to be available.

Also, you can add several <Ammo ID Equip: COST> tags and then if any of them is equipped the attack/skill will be available (and consume the equipped ammo when used). So, to have multiple ammo types, just put several <Ammo ID Equip: COST> in the weapon/skill notebox.

Note that on the other hand, putting several items tags will make every of these items necessary.

And if you like doing complicated things and put both items and equip tags, then you will need all of the listed item ammo types, and exactly one of the armor ammo types.  :)

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Cannot manage to download the demo for some reason. Might be down- but the download buttons don't do anything for me.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I just tried and 4Shared (which I used) seems to have become really crappy now.  >:(

However, the plug-in version on this demo is outdated, so I needed to update it anyway... I'll do that and upload it somewhere else.

EDIT :

Ok, I updated the demo and uploaded it on Mega, which should be much better.

I also fixed a bug in Ammunition System that escaped my notice until now (game crashes when you go see a merchant who sells weapons needing ammo when you have no weapon currently equipped).

Link to demo : Demo !

Link to Ammunition System fixed version 1.1.7 : Ammo. Sys. ver. 1.1.7

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Noise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi.

Problem.
I'm starting out a new project and testing the plugin, so here's the thing...

I made a Pistol Shot skill (ID:89) and given it the note tag <Ammo 5 Equip: 1>.
I also assigned it to a weapon with the Weapon Skill plugin.

The armor in question is called "Pistol Magazine" (ID:5) and I given it the note tag
<Ammo Charges: 10>.

The charge counter was showing fine but every time I start a battle, I'm unable to use the skill
even as I successfully equip my actor with both the weapon and ammo. The skill is greyed out in the skill menu
and the description also reads the skill cost as "xundefined".

I tried again with stacked ammunition as an item and it worked fine.
Its the equipment-based ammo that doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charles2020