Ammunition System & Add-on (Crafting System)

Commander_why

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using gold does not work as ammo on my weapon i have used <Gold Cost: 5> and i am using no other plugins

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yes, that is right.
Gold cost only works for skills currently, I did not find it logical for weapons.
Maybe I'll make it work for weapons too if there are actually people who need it...

Commander_why

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, the reason I was trying to use gold is because I wanted to set the game in a zombie apocalypse so I renamed the gold to bullets and i had an idea to make the player have to choose between using money to beat enemies faster by using guns or using melee weapons, slowing down the process of winning and adding more risk when fighting.

cheeto899

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really sorry to ask but is it possible to make the armor-type ammo with the <Ammo Charges: n> tag disappear once it is used up ?

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
If it doesn't disappear this is a bug, having the charge ammo disappear after becoming used up is the normal behavior.
What happens for you ?
It stays equipped with a 0 charge ?

cheeto899

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it doesn't disappear this is a bug, having the charge ammo disappear after becoming used up is the normal behavior.
What happens for you ?
It stays equipped with a 0 charge ?
Thanks very much for reply, yes, it stays equipped with 0 charge like thismagazine.png .

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
So, the usual question is : what other plug-ins are you using ?
Also, what version of ItemCore are you using ? Maybe it was updated at some point and the last version makes Ammunition broken...

cheeto899

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, the usual question is : what other plug-ins are you using ?
Also, what version of ItemCore are you using ? Maybe it was updated at some point and the last version makes Ammunition broken...
I tried to disable all of other plugins, it is still not working, I am using the version 1.26 of the item core. I will try to figure it out, thanks very much.

Last edited:

cheeto899

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and also i am wondering is there any tips for the reloading skill like ammo can be supplemented to the charge ammo item ? and it is possible to reload even the current equiped magazine still have some ammo left ?

Last edited:

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
A reload skill is just there to allow you to change your ammunition type during battle.
It will just equip another armor/ammo.
Thus reloading a charge ammo to max is not supported for now.
Also, reload skills are kind of obsolete in my opinion since there are plug-ins out there (including one of mine) that allow you to change your equipment during battle.

And sadly, after updating my own test project with the latest versions of Yanfly plug-ins, I can't seem to be able to reproduce the bug : empty charge ammo just disappear as it should for me !
Have you tested with normal ammunition to see if there is a similar problem ?

cheeto899

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A reload skill is just there to allow you to change your ammunition type during battle.
It will just equip another armor/ammo.
Thus reloading a charge ammo to max is not supported for now.
Also, reload skills are kind of obsolete in my opinion since there are plug-ins out there (including one of mine) that allow you to change your equipment during battle.

And sadly, after updating my own test project with the latest versions of Yanfly plug-ins, I can't seem to be able to reproduce the bug : empty charge ammo just disappear as it should for me !
Have you tested with normal ammunition to see if there is a similar problem ?
Thanks very much for reply, the normal ammunition works fine, they disappeared from bag after using up. But when I turned off the yanfly item core and equip the armor ammo which now is not independent item and do not show the charger ammo, the armor ammo is not consumed at all, would this be where the problem from ? thanks very much.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
So, basically :
- item-based ammo work fine,
- armor-based ammo are not consumed,
Is it a correct description of the bug you are experiencing ?

Also, what version of MV are you using (I might have skipped an upgrade that makes the plug-in broken) ?

cheeto899

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, basically :

Also, what version of MV are you using (I might have skipped an upgrade that makes the plug-in broken) ?
So, basically :

Thanks very much. I am using the version 1.4.0, yes, the armor-based ammo can not be consumed. I think I will stick with the item-based ammo which works fine to me. it might because that I am trying to make an action RPG which have battle on the map and used a lots of common events and an ABS system (I tried to disable it). Thanks very much.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
After updating to MV 1.4.0 I don't see the bug either... So now It really don't know why it doesn't work for you.
You could upload your project somewhere so that I can have a look at it, if you don't mind that someone else looks into your own project.

cheeto899

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After updating to MV 1.4.0 I don't see the bug either... So now It really don't know why it doesn't work for you.
You could upload your project somewhere so that I can have a look at it, if you don't mind that someone else looks into your own project.
I am trying to use this bug, thanks very much. another question is that is it possible to make a variable equal to the number of the charge ammo showed on the weapon type ammo ? really sorry to bother you again, thanks very much.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
What do you mean by "trying to use this bug" exactly ? You mean building some gameplay upon it ?

About the variable you ask, would it be something like automatically updating a variable with the number of armor-type ammo available ?
I'm asking because the same with item-type ammo would be more difficult.
If we consider armor-type ammo only, then:
- it could work for both charge and non-charge ammo.
- it would be hero-specific (that is, one variable for each hero).

cheeto899

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by "trying to use this bug" exactly ? You mean building some gameplay upon it ?

About the variable you ask, would it be something like automatically updating a variable with the number of armor-type ammo available ?
I'm asking because the same with item-type ammo would be more difficult.
If we consider armor-type ammo only, then:
- it could work for both charge and non-charge ammo.
- it would be hero-specific (that is, one variable for each hero).
thanks very much for replying, haha, I mean disable the function that discard the item when it hits zero. about the variable, I am trying to make a common event to detect the number of a armor or weapon type of ammo(for example, the weapon type of ammo is called gun or a armor type of ammo called magazine) with the ammo charge tag that hero equipped, so I can make a reload skill related to it and refill various number of ammo to it. technically this skill is just a common event that reduce different number of a item called bullet and increase the number of this variable. the logic of this common event is the branch, if the variable is equal to 1, then reduce 14 bullet and increase this variable to 15 (fully load gun is 15 ammo) and when the variable is equal to 14, it will reduce 1 bullet and increase this variable to 15 etc. I tried to set this variable equal to the mp value and it worked, so I thought it might work if I know how to set a variable equal to the number of weapon type ammo. really sorry this long article, thanks very much.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I don't know if that will be enough, but here is an example of how to use the ammo number of charged armor-type ammunition (of course this is applicable to many other things !) inside common events :

HowToScriptsInEvents.png
In this example, you must know the exact id of the equip slot that the ammo that interests you is occupying, as well as the id of the actor.
Also, if you want to modify the ammo, the quantity that you have to change is $dataArmors[ itemId ].ammoCurrentCharges, which means you can only do it inside a "script" environment in the common event contents !
And all this just above will only work for charge ammo, and only if one is currently equiped...
If you want to do similar things with other kinds of ammo, you will have to look around all the javascript variables and see what are the appropriate objects to manipulate.

EDIT:

Even better, here is a reload common event that actually seems to work for me :

ReloadChargesCommonEvent.png

Last edited:

kingartur358

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what can i make android game with RPGMaker guys .. ? i need your answer

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@kingartur358 Your question appears to have nothing to do with the subject matter of this topic., although as your wording is a bit confusing I could be wrong. Please be sure not to hijack a thread with an unrelated query.

If you are asking is it possible to make an Android game with MV, the answer is yes. If you are asking something else about MV, I suggest you post a thread in the MV Support section. Give a more detailed outline of what it is you are trying to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Trading has been halted on the TSX (Canadian stock market) because of "technical issues". Suspicious... I'm bracing myself for a sea of red tomorrow lol
The Loco-Motion song pre-dates the dance. Meaning the lyrics are kinda misleading. "Everybody's doing a brand new dance now"... No they weren't, you just used peer pressure to trick everyone into going along with it.
Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chungagunga