Ammunition System & Add-on (Crafting System)

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
OP, there is no help documentation included with this plugin, no parameters and not even a description, if i'm looking at the right plugin.

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In trying to figure out what Radis3D's problem is in my own topic (and, as far as I can tell, I largely failed at that), I found my old skill cost display issue even though I had your fix. It turns out that your plugin and mine combined only display properly if Yanfly's Skill Core is installed too - even though just yours or just mine works fine even without Skill Core. That might maybe have been Radis's issue? (And if it wasn't, then I don't know what was.)

It's not a big deal, as I think most people on this forum are using Yanfly's plugins pretty extensively anyway. Just a heads up.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
does plugin doesn't work for me either. I put in the notetags. I'm using Elly's ATB plugin as well as Yanfly's.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to set a max ammo per gun? Then a reload option to reload the ammo.

IE: Pistol holds 6 bullets. While if your using an old shotgun it only holds 2 shells?
I was sure someone would try to do that eventually...

It is not on my do-to-list for now (maybe in the future), but I thought of a way to emulate this :

- have your actual ammo be an equip ammo (I think it's quite obvious) - this will be the 'true' ammo.

- do NOT let the player manipulate it directly, do not put it in shops, nor have it found in chests, etc.

- additionnaly to the equip ammo, define an item that would have the same name (but would NOT be consumed by the weapon/skill) - this will be the 'false' ammo.

- instead, have some skill called 'Reload' that creates (via common event) the right number of actual real equip ammo, equips the player with it if necessary, and consumes the right number of false item 'ammo'.

If you are lucky, it might be enough to do the trick.

Note that the 'Reload' common event might be a bit tricky to write (you have to take into account the number of items to reload depending on how many there are left, whether or not there is still an ammo equipped and equip one if necessary, etc)

Also, if you feature several ammunition weapons, and several actors using them, you will probably have to write as many 'reload' skills/common events as your number of actors, and take into account the weapon they have equipped (since they will likely have a different number of ammo each).

In trying to figure out what Radis3D's problem is in my own topic (and, as far as I can tell, I largely failed at that), I found my old skill cost display issue even though I had your fix. It turns out that your plugin and mine combined only display properly if Yanfly's Skill Core is installed too - even though just yours or just mine works fine even without Skill Core. That might maybe have been Radis's issue? (And if it wasn't, then I don't know what was.)

It's not a big deal, as I think most people on this forum are using Yanfly's plugins pretty extensively anyway. Just a heads up.
Maybe I will think of something to correct all the bad things that happen when SkillCore is not used.

Also, I read your topic and I did not really succeed either in understanding exactly what is the problem of Radis...

does plugin doesn't work for me either. I put in the notetags. I'm using Elly's ATB plugin as well as Yanfly's.
What does not work exactly ?

Not consuming ammunition ?

Never being able to use skills/weapons even with ammunition ?

Or the contrary ?

Bad cost display ?

EDIT : I do not know if it is related to any of the problems that various people have encountered, but is seems that when Yanfly's plug-ins are not used, ammunition equips do not work. At least, they cannot be equipped, which certainly makes things difficult...

This plus the problem with displaying skill costs without SkillCore, make this plug-in is feeling more and more like a Yanfly extension plug-in...

FURTHER EDIT : that was just a mistake of mine. No bug here actually...

ULTIMATE EDIT : I tried to rewrite the default drawSkillCost function when SkillCore is not active. Cost displays should normally be better in that case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuronokun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello ! Your plugin seems awesome but i have a problem.

I tried to use skill depending on item ammunition but that doesn't work ... Have i to write something in the item's notetag ?

It works when it's depending on equip ammunition.

I don't use any other plugin.

Thank you

Black Noise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love this plug-in! I'm working on a sci-fi themed RPG that emphasizes the use of firearms and conserving limited ammunition.

However, I found a little problem.

I made a few gunshot animations for my weapons.

I'm testing the plug-in with a basic handgun to which I assigned one of those animations.

I start testing the game, my character is equipped with both the weapon and the ammo (as equipment) and yet when he

uses a normal attack, it just uses the the default "Hit Physical" animation instead of the gunshot animation I made.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Is there something I might be missing?

Thanks.

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I love this plug-in! I'm working on a sci-fi themed RPG that emphasizes the use of firearms and conserving limited ammunition.

However, I found a little problem.

I made a few gunshot animations for my weapons.

I'm testing the plug-in with a basic handgun to which I assigned one of those animations.

I start testing the game, my character is equipped with both the weapon and the ammo (as equipment) and yet when he

uses a normal attack, it just uses the the default "Hit Physical" animation instead of the gunshot animation I made.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Is there something I might be missing?

Thanks.
You need to set a unique attack skill for that weapon. The Weapon Skill plugin is what you need.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Just wanted to say thanks for the script. I was wondering if it was possible to make the ammunition infinite, like in Final Fantasy XII?

(All I want is for the weapon to require the ammunition, not the quantity, because I don't know how to do that with equips yet)

Also your documentation on the notetags are in-correct. (At least on here)

You said the notetag should be:

Lines to put in either Weapon notebox or Skill notebox :

(for items)
(for armors)
i is the Id of Skill/Weapon, c is the number consumed at each use....there are other notetags determining how amounts/cost of ammunition are to be displayed and where. Check the plug-in's Help for details !
When it should be the ID of the Item/Armor depending on which tag you use. It got me confused when I kept getting an undefined error, but realizing it was looking for armor I found out that i needed to put the armor id, just thought I should let you know.

Thanks!

(EDIT: I have also tried making the consumption 0 to no effect)

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The problem I'm having is that it does not consume the item needed and I'm still able to use the equipt weapon even though I assigned tag for requiring ammo for the weapon

Can you show me a screen shot of how your note tags are placed?

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@MrPurpleDreadlocks :

You are right, I wrote Skill/Weapon when it was actually Item/Armor... I don't know why I did not notice before !

And it is weird, but for me, making the consumption 0 actually works for making ammo virtually 'infinite'... The ammo is needed but not consumed (which is sheer luck because I did not even think of that possibility).

However, one problem is that the displaying of costs is not adapted to that possibility (it does not say 'infinite ammo' or something like that. Is that the problem that you have ?

@Sol Rising :

Did you put a cost for the weapon ?

In the notebox of my pistol weapon in my own project for example, I have something like :

<Ammo 6 Equip: 1>

<Ammo 7 Equip: 1>

where 6 and 7 are the Ids of the two armors that can serve as ammunition, and 1 is the cost for each of them. (of course only one equip needs to be equipped and the weapon can fire with either of them.)

I also have a 'Double Firing' skill with the following tags :

<Ammo 6 Equip: 2>

<Ammo 7 Equip: 2>

Since it fires twice, well, it consumes two ammos !

Reaction score
First Language
English
@MrPurpleDreadlocks :

You are right, I wrote Skill/Weapon when it was actually Item/Armor... I don't know why I did not notice before !

And it is weird, but for me, making the consumption 0 actually works for making ammo virtually 'infinite'... The ammo is needed but not consumed (which is sheer luck because I did not even think of that possibility).

However, one problem is that the displaying of costs is not adapted to that possibility (it does not say 'infinite ammo' or something like that. Is that the problem that you have ?

@Sol Rising :

Did you put a cost for the weapon ?

In the notebox of my pistol weapon in my own project for example, I have something like :

<Ammo 6 Equip: 1>

<Ammo 7 Equip: 1>

where 6 and 7 are the Ids of the two armors that can serve as ammunition, and 1 is the cost for each of them. (of course only one equip needs to be equipped and the weapon can fire with either of them.)

I also have a 'Double Firing' skill with the following tags :

<Ammo 6 Equip: 2>

<Ammo 7 Equip: 2>

Since it fires twice, well, it consumes two ammos !
Thanks for the quick reply. I have used 0 and it still consumes one here are some screenshots.

Weapon: http://i.imgur.com/5c9PiOO.png

Ammo: http://i.imgur.com/kbfhMKG.png\

Character: http://i.imgur.com/UUwYuBl.png

Before using a skill: http://i.imgur.com/7GiMVnG.png

During the skill: http://i.imgur.com/cYzBVej.png

After the skill:  http://i.imgur.com/KlqoaMA.png

What have you done to achieve the "infinite" ammo?

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I have the explanation : what I said before is actually not true if you have *exactly* one remaining equip ammo left, that is, the one which is actually equipped and ot in your inventory !

And this is the case that you tested. I did not notice because in my tests I usually get my ammunition by packs of two or three...

Reaction score
First Language
English
I have the explanation : what I said before is actually not true if you have *exactly* one remaining equip ammo left, that is, the one which is actually equipped and ot in your inventory !

And this is the case that you tested. I did not notice because in my tests I usually get my ammunition by packs of two or three...
So then how would I go about getting more? Having multiple equips of arrows? Seems quite silly to me haha.

Also is this something I will have to change? Or is this something you are going to look into?

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
This is clearly a bug, so I will correct it. I thought it was obvious so I did not precise !

I think I will do something about the display too, because in a case such as yours giving the number of equips is quite weird since as you say you only care about having or not an equip, and not about the number.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay thanks. Let us all know when you get that finished. Thanks for your time! :)

Also I think it will be good to have both as an option; just because I would like it with just checking an Equip doesn't mean that

someone else doesn't wants to make the player think about their ammunition.

Both is definitely good. 

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Bug Fixed, normally.

As for the display, I will think about what to do exactly.

Maybe just giving the option of not showing the number of ammo for equips when the cost is 0 ? That would probably be the easiest way...

Reaction score
First Language
English
I think that's a great idea! or show instead the current equipped ammo.

Like if I have a poison tipped arrow equipped. Display the name instead like so:

"Currently Equipped Ammo: Poison Arrow"

So then the player knows what ammo they have equipped.

And maybe the description for the ammo too. 

like so

"Current Equipped Ammo: Poison Arrow (+25% chance to poison on hit)"

the (insert description here)  part is so the player sees the effect as well.

Just an idea. :)

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
from what I understand, the ammo needed for the weapon has to be a armor piece and not a consumable item? Is this correct? I had made the ammo a consumable item not a armor piece that has to be equipped as "ammo". Is that why it's not working? If so, how exactly would quantity for armor piece work as "ammo"? I'm using yanfly item core plugin to limit Max items overall of only 300.

Reaction score
First Language
English
from what I understand, the ammo needed for the weapon has to be a armor piece and not a consumable item? Is this correct? I had made the ammo a consumable item not a armor piece that has to be equipped as "ammo". Is that why it's not working? If so, how exactly would quantity for armor piece work as "ammo"? I'm using yanfly item core plugin to limit Max items overall of only 300.
For my game, for what I thought was simplicity sake, yes. I thought it would be an interesting dynamic, i.e. Final Fantasy XII to be able to use a bow only if you have an arrow equipped like a quiver. But you can change the arrows for any situation, giving the bow a more versatile function.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Ammo can be either items or armors, but you have to change the tag depending on what you want to do.

<Ammo i item: c> -> you need 'c' amount of item of id 'i',

<Ammo i equip: c> -> you need 'c' amount of equip of id 'c'.

Also, you must absolutely set item/equip to be not independent, with the <Not Independent Item> tag (or something like that, check that plug-in's help), if you use ItemCore with the independent item feature !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.
Just got MV and am working on porting over my new game from VX Ace to it! I haven't done much with my new game so it should be pretty quick.
I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lonewolf0396