Ammunition System & Add-on (Crafting System)

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ammo can be either items or armors, but you have to change the tag depending on what you want to do.<Ammo i item: c> -> you need 'c' amount of item of id 'i',<Ammo i equip: c> -> you need 'c' amount of equip of id 'c'.Also, you must absolutely set item/equip to be not independent, with the <Not Independent Item> tag (or something like that, check that plug-in's help), if you use ItemCore with the independent item feature !
Not independent item could be why it didn't work for me. So I set that in note tag along with the ammo item?

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yes, you put that tag in the ammo item notebox.

I think that I will make the plug-in work with independent armor/items later, though.

Angius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
I'm having an issue with this plugin... I'm not using aYanfly's scripts, so theoretically there should be no conflict. My weapon, though, doesn't use ammo.

Here's how I have it set up:

Weapon:

Bullets:

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
This is because you have two spaces between the ':' and the '1' in the tag.

If I do the same in my own project, I have the same problem...

EDIT

MrPurpleDreadlocks said:
I think that's a great idea! or show instead the current equipped ammo.

Like if I have a poison tipped arrow equipped. Display the name instead like so:

"Currently Equipped Ammo: Poison Arrow"

So then the player knows what ammo they have equipped.

And maybe the description for the ammo too. 

like so

"Current Equipped Ammo: Poison Arrow (+25% chance to poison on hit)"

the (insert description here)  part is so the player sees the effect as well.

Just an idea.
Actually, the first part about the text before the ammo type ("Currently Equipped Ammo" in your case) can already be edited, you can use in the skill/weapon notebox the following tag :

<Ammo Left Text: xxx>

It is indicated in the plug-in's help, but not in the first post of this topic... I think I will edit so that every info in the help will also be present in the topic.

Also, the thing about not showing the amount when the item/equip is present/equipped AND the cost is 0 has already been coded and thus will be in the next update. :)

But I think I will do some more testing and maybe add some more things, so the said update will not be now yet...

I will think about adding a bit of ammo description in the ammo window, this is a good idea. I hesitate between copying a part of the 'normal' description (but the maker would then have to keep it short...) or else in a tag inside the ammo notebox...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is because you have two spaces between the ':' and the '1' in the tag.

If I do the same in my own project, I have the same problem...

EDIT

Actually, the first part about the text before the ammo type ("Currently Equipped Ammo" in your case) can already be edited, you can use in the skill/weapon notebox the following tag :

<Ammo Left Text: xxx>

It is indicated in the plug-in's help, but not in the first post of this topic... I think I will edit so that every info in the help will also be present in the topic.

Also, the thing about not showing the amount when the item/equip is present/equipped AND the cost is 0 has already been coded and thus will be in the next update. :)

But I think I will do some more testing and maybe add some more things, so the said update will not be now yet...

I will think about adding a bit of ammo description in the ammo window, this is a good idea. I hesitate between copying a part of the 'normal' description (but the maker would then have to keep it short...) or else in a tag inside the ammo notebox...
That works for me! :) And I realized that as I saw your help file. lol

Angius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Alright, it works perfectly fine now. Thanks for the help :)

signaltome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
First, I love this plugin, it is working now.

So, I am very sorry to be negative for a minute, I love this idea. But I believe your script should be called UNCO_AmmunitionSystem from the beginning as it is case sensitive. I had a hell of a time figuring that out. (your .jp has all small text) I know you specifically say so on your post but as far as I know, all other plugins work out of the box unless you rename them on download so... Assume people using this are stupid people like me. (Or is up at three in the morning woring in RPG maker! :p )

Also, there is and extra space in your <Ammo i Item:  c> in your script call helpfile & on your post, STILL, which threw me off for a bit, though I should know better. It was the case sensitive name above that made it worse or I would have fount it out in a few minutes by trial and error.

Nitpicky, I know and now I feel awful. Therefore I shall go hide in a corner now and wait for the backlash. :D

In every scripters/plugin designers defence, MV and the plugin system is new and things like that is bound to happen. Also, when it WORKS it works great! I love it to death and will bring more variety to my game. (hopefully, the rest is up to me after all) Thank you for this!

Humbly,

Signaltome

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
fixed... spelling error needs

<Not Independent item>

for ammo. Thanks

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
First, I love this plugin, it is working now.

So, I am very sorry to be negative for a minute, I love this idea. But I believe your script should be called UNCO_AmmunitionSystem from the beginning as it is case sensitive. I had a hell of a time figuring that out. (your .jp has all small text) I know you specifically say so on your post but as far as I know, all other plugins work out of the box unless you rename them on download so... Assume people using this are stupid people like me. (Or is up at three in the morning woring in RPG maker! :p )
Are you sure that you have downloaded a recent version? It seems to me that it has been several versions now that the file was directly named unco_ammunitionsystem.js when downloaded - which was not the case in the first versions, and yes, that was definitely really bad !

By the way, Pastebin apparently forces the filename to lower case as I initially always name it myself UNCO_AmmunitionSystem.js (I do not like that), but it does not seem to cause any problem: I have tried both unco_ammunitionsystem.js and UNCO_AmmunitionSystem.js (not at the same time of course!) and they all seemed to work fine? Even when I try to read plug-in parameters in the console, it does not matter at all if I write the filename in lower or upper case.

So I am surprised when you speak of case sensitivity in the filename...

However, there ARE ways to make your (well, rather *my*) plug-in not sensible to its own filename at all, and this is a practice I will certainly imitate in the future because it is really better when users do not have to worry at all about naming correctly the plug-in ! :)

Also, there is and extra space in your <Ammo i Item:  c> in your script call helpfile & on your post, STILL, which threw me off for a bit, though I should know better. It was the case sensitive name above that made it worse or I would have fount it out in a few minutes by trial and error.

Nitpicky, I know and now I feel awful. Therefore I shall go hide in a corner now and wait for the backlash. :D

In every scripters/plugin designers defence, MV and the plugin system is new and things like that is bound to happen. Also, when it WORKS it works great! I love it to death and will bring more variety to my game. (hopefully, the rest is up to me after all) Thank you for this!

Humbly,

Signaltome
Do not fear for backlash at all, if people don't say negative things, I am never going to find and correct bugs and mistakes ! :)

After all, I publish my plug-in for people to use it, so the most usable it is, the better.

And if people have bugs after just copying/pasting what I say in help/this topic, that definitely put shame on me.

This has been corrected now!

So, thanks for your returns, and for loving my plug-in ! :)

-----------------

By the way, here are the things added/corrected in the last update :

- ammunition amounts are no longer displayed when cost is 0,

- ammunition equips now can hace a description displayed in help/ammo window,

- compatibility of ammunition itself with the independent items feature of Yanfly's ItemCore,

- correction of a bug that happened when displaying equip ammunition costs for skills during battle. I am contradicting myself here, there are actually bugs that I find and correct all by myself, and this was a rather big one. But is was easy to miss because things seem to be fine when the last actor you 'looked at' in the main menu happened to be the same needing ammunition for his skill... which happens a lot when trying/testing the plug-in and your game !

DarkSlayerEX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I can't seem to get the ammo cost to show up on my main command list for skills that would show up on the same menu as Attack. I am sure that it hasn't been implimented.. So I would like to request an addition to allow skills with ammo costs on the main command window to also display the remaining uses.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
You mean, skills showing with the actor command menu with 'Attack', 'Guard', etc ?

I don't know how to have skills how up at that particular place, how do you have that exactly ?

Are you using a plug-in for that ?

Or maybe your 'Guard' command cost ammunition for some reason ?

DarkSlayerEX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Bobstah's battle commands plugin. I have placed my "Shoot" attack skill there, which will be replacing attack. However it seems that Attack is the only main battle command skill that displays an ammo count.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
So, this is basically about compatibility with Bobstah's battle commands plugin...

I will give a look at it.

signaltome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Unconnected42. Sorry if I spoke badly of your plugin, as I said it works fine now.

Anyway, as far as I know I got the latest version from your download. As for case sensitive, I did no really think it mattered either but all lowercase, RPG maker MV did not do anything about it, using upper AND lowercase it fired right up so apparently it makes a difference.

Great plugin. My Hero is happy! (as long as she does not run out of ammo...) :p

the signaltome

Black Noise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a problem with the plug-in.

For the most part, it works perfectly. I made weapons that require specific bullets to be equipped (in the Shield Slot)

along with special skills such as the 3-Burst Shot you can see in the screenshot which requires 3 bullets for each use.

The problem is that this skill is available to use, even though I have less than 3 bullets left.

Ammo Plug-in Problem.jpg

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I found a problem with the plug-in.

For the most part, it works perfectly. I made weapons that require specific bullets to be equipped (in the Shield Slot)

along with special skills such as the 3-Burst Shot you can see in the screenshot which requires 3 bullets for each use.

The problem is that this skill is available to use, even though I have less than 3 bullets left.
Are you sure the ammo amount in the help window is the 'real' one ? I mean to be sure that this is a skill cost/availability problem and not an ammo display problem.

Also, are you using any other plug-ins, and if that's the case, which one and in which order (above or below ammunition plug-in) ?

Right now, I am unable to reproduce the bug since multi-shot skills work fine in my own project...

EDIT :

Bobstah's battle commands plugin. I have placed my "Shoot" attack skill there, which will be replacing attack. However it seems that Attack is the only main battle command skill that displays an ammo count.
Could you try the latest version ? I think I made a fix that should solve your problem.

Actually, I found out that it was already half working : since BattleCommandList relies on a 'normal' help window to show a skill description when it is selected, things were working fine for item ammunition... but not for equip ammunition ! A little something more was needed for equip ammo amounts to show correctly, and it has normally been done now.

Also, the fix should work if Ammunition plug-in is placed below BattleCommandList, but I don't know for the other way around.

DarkSlayerEX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Could you try the latest version ? I think I made a fix that should solve your problem.

Actually, I found out that it was already half working : since BattleCommandList relies on a 'normal' help window to show a skill description when it is selected, things were working fine for item ammunition... but not for equip ammunition ! A little something more was needed for equip ammo amounts to show correctly, and it has normally been done now.

Also, the fix should work if Ammunition plug-in is placed below BattleCommandList, but I don't know for the other way around.
I will try the latest version. However, I just wanted to clarify I was referring to the little number that shows up to the RIGHT of the attack command, at the bottom, where the commands are.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I will try the latest version. However, I just wanted to clarify I was referring to the little number that shows up to the RIGHT of the attack command, at the bottom, where the commands are.
Not sure if I'm understanding correctly; but if you're interested/trying to replace a command of Attack with another "Skill ID", allowing cost of weapon or different attack animation,

it works with Sasuke's Kannazuki's skill ID plugin.

Basically i have it set up for one of my actors who uses dual guns to automatically replace a skill called "Dual Pistols" as his "Attack" command. It will still show and take the ammo cost. Also I have it set the same way for another of my actors that uses 2 swords so in the animation shows 1 swing with 2 swords and has the effect of 2 attacks with Yanfly's battle expansion plugins.

And all my other normal actors are not effected so use they use the "Original" Attack Command without showing the different effects, etc.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Eeeek.

Actually, I deleted that whole option in the latest patch because, precisely, it seemed to conflict with the way BatleCommandList plug-in replaces the 'normal' attack command and I did not think anyone was using it. (apparently I was wrong on the last part)

What I corrected is how equip ammo did not show up in help window.

I will think about all that again, but compatibility about writing attack command will be more complicated since we both try to rewrite entirely the same function...

DarkSlayerEX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Eeeek.

Actually, I deleted that whole option in the latest patch because, precisely, it seemed to conflict with the way BatleCommandList plug-in replaces the 'normal' attack command and I did not think anyone was using it. (apparently I was wrong on the last part)

What I corrected is how equip ammo did not show up in help window.

I will think about all that again, but compatibility about writing attack command will be more complicated since we both try to rewrite entirely the same function...
Oh, that sounds like a complicated issue then.. perhaps for the command list, you can scan which skills are listed there, and if those skills have an ammo cost, you can add the number to the side? I am throwing suggestions out, but I do not actually know how complicated that would be. Just trying to find some way to help get things both working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

• Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Back in the old days, long before I was born, salted crisps - or potato chips, for you yanks - came unsalted and had a little pouch of salt to manually shake on it. Of course, things are more efficient now, but Walker's still brought back the old 'Salt 'N' Shake' style a couple years ago. Dunno why, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's because the nostalgia crowd were getting salty.
    Guys I just want to sit around and work on my game! *gets lots and lots of money shoveled at him* Game, I don't recall a game. What game? :LZSexcite:
    Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
    Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
    Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    yellowsonicboom64