Ammunition System & Add-on (Crafting System)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Unconnected42, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Unconnected42

Unconnected42 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    It is not really complicated, in fact.

I think I have a good idea of what needs to be done to do the job.

I am just not sure if I can do something in a way that ensures minimum risks of incompatibilities between futures updates.

But I just thought of something that might work...

EDIT

Okay, now the ammo amount should show up both in attack and skill command lines if the option is enabled.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
  2. DarkSlayerEX

DarkSlayerEX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well that sort of worked... However every single command on the list now shows the numbers... Including Guard and Items, commands that shows a list of subcommands...

This does look like it might be complicated...

3. Unconnected42

First Language:
    French
    It did not happened when I tested...  ;_;

Well, try re-downloading it, I have changed a little something that should be make this bug impossible.

4. DarkSlayerEX

First Language:
    English
    Hmm.. Now it removed the ability to display it on individual skill commands... (Not the command that says "Skills" or "Magic") With Bobstah's plugin, you can assign things like "Cure" on the main command list. Being able to display costs on skills through the same method of "Attack" is what I was looking for goalwise.

I suppose more direct compatibility might be required in this case?

5. Unconnected42

First Language:
    French
    Are you sure you are putting Ammunition below BattleCommandList in the plug-in list ?

I can confirm that it won't work if Ammunition is above.

But for me it is working fine if I put it below.

6. DarkSlayerEX

First Language:
    English
    So I tried it once more, before moving any plugin-orders.... and I uh.. don't know how to explain it.. but... the counts all of a sudden are working properly..?

Bobstah's command list plugin is literally at the very top.. it's been there since I had issues with a different mod...

Now tonight it's working properly..

...I really don't understand how this would just magically start working...

7. MrPurpleDreadlocks

MrPurpleDreadlocks Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello Unconnected, 

I see that you have added descriptions for the ammunition, thanks.

However I've looked through the helpfile and am confused on how to go about it.

I see that it wants me to put it in skill/weapon <Ammo Window Desc: xxx> however when I put it in armor. It still shows the icon.

Here is some screenies:

Database: http://i.imgur.com/44in20r.png

Battle: http://i.imgur.com/K8HCMug.png

I would like it to show the icon / name of the ammo as default, then also have optional description. 

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
  8. Unconnected42

First Language:
    French
    I am not sure I understand what you want to say exactly?

You show a screen where you have put a description for the ammo, but it is not present in the other screen...

Does that mean that ammo description does not work for you?

Normally, if you put this notetag in the right box (in the armor), you should have this:

ammunition2_2.png

ammunition2_1.png

Any other result means there is a bug!

And what do you mean by 'optional' description?

EDIT :

It is still better when we don't understand why it works than when we don't understand why it doesn't work...  :guffaw:

9. MrPurpleDreadlocks

First Language:
    English
    Hello!

What I mean is, it just shows the icon by default. I would like it to show the icon and the name of the Ammo. The description is in parenthesis is the optional part. But right now I have to do this to make the name appear.

Battle w/o Ammo Description: http://i.imgur.com/60mUJi9.png

Battle w/   Ammo Description: http://i.imgur.com/ctYmpVx.png

Also I striked through the earlier comment, because I figured it out. lol

EDIT: Also how did you get the icons next to your battle commands? That's pretty kewl.

10. Unconnected42

First Language:
    French
    I will add the possibility to display the ammo name, then.

For icons in battle commands, this is thanks to the plug-in we have been talking about for a while here now: Battle Command List by Bobstah.

This plug-in is really good and allow you to configure each actor's battle command list like you want! Go try it!

(and now it should be compatible with mine)

EDIT

The version 0.3.0 is out!

Two new features inside:

- possibility to display the ammunition name in ammo/help window, using a tag in the weapon/skill notebox.

- possibility to define skills that can change the equip-type ammunition currently equipped. This will allow your hero to change ammunition during battles, at the cost of one action/turn!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  11. MrPurpleDreadlocks

First Language:
    English
    Hello again!

Thanks for the update, I think it's awesome (and for showing me the Battle Command plugin)

I was curious on how the set up should be for the ammo change in battle. 

To create a skill that will change the type of ammunition equipped:<Ammo i Load: s>

... where i is the ID of the ammunition armor and s is the slot

to be equipped. If your actor(s) have for example the following equipment

types:

Weapon, Shield, Head, Body, Accessory, Ammunition

... then the slot number would be 6.
    I took that from your help file. I put <Ammo 64 Load: 2>

64 being the id of armor (Arrow)  and 2 being the slot type (Shield). It seems to be disabled in battle.

Here are pictures.

Skill Database: http://i.imgur.com/WVVYCAc.png

Verifying Ammo: http://i.imgur.com/Wb1zpUB.png

Verfying Ammo is in inventory: http://i.imgur.com/TnMBRpa.png

Skill is Disabled?: http://i.imgur.com/ARvkBBY.png

12. Unconnected42

First Language:
    French
    From your screens it seems you did things correctly.

The only two things I can think about are either your hero not being equipped with a bow (but I don't think you made this kind of stupid mistake here) or else some plug-in incompatibility. But I tested my plug-in with this new functionality with a bunch of other plug-ins...

What plug-ins are you using other than mine?

EDIT:

Also, is the 'rest' of the plug-in working properly?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
  13. MrPurpleDreadlocks

First Language:
    English
    Yeah it is displaying the name just fine and preventing the user from using ammo if they don't have it equipped.

Here's a list

Part 1: http://i.imgur.com/6bXPsSZ.png

Part 2: http://i.imgur.com/cuZkW2l.png

14. Unconnected42

First Language:
    French
    You have a huge bunch of plug-ins installed! Well, this is to be expected.

I have tried to add/change the position of some plug-ins with the most probability to make things fail, but did not found anything.

Have you tried disabling everything except Ammunition to see if it solved the problem? If it does, then you just have to re-activate the plug-ins one by one to  see which one is messing up.

I know what you are going to say: I could try to do that myself, but its likely that I don't have the same parameter values as you for lots of plug-ins, so I could miss something!

Also, since your skills are defined as working both in the menu AND in battle, have you tried using them in the main menu, after giving ammo to your player with an event and confirming it in items menu?

EDIT

I tried adding *almost* all your plugins in the exact same order as the one you show in your screen and... no luck: my load skills are still usable.

However, I do not have the plug-in RandomRepeats that appears in your list. Where can I find it?

15. MrPurpleDreadlocks

First Language:
    English
    Tsukihime found here: http://himeworks.com/2015/11/random-repeats-mv/

And I can try that. I will try on the map.

EDIT: Weird, it works on playtest, not battletest.

16. Unconnected42

First Language:
    French
    On my side, I didn't succeed in reproducing your bug, sorry.  :|

Even when adding all the plug-ins in the right order, including RandomRepeats.

So if you don't find anything, I don't see how I am going to debug it, unless you send me your whole project...

17. MrPurpleDreadlocks

First Language:
    English
    Sent ya my project in a PM. :)

18. Unconnected42

First Language:
    French
    Received, and matter solved.

Warning for anyone reading this topic: when adding items/armors/anything to the party during Battletest (not during in-game battles!), you are not actually adding anything - it seems inventory is disabled or something like that. Thus, it is impossible to test any 'Load Ammo'-type skills during battletest, since you have no way of having ammo...

Better keep that in mind!

19. SirCumferance

SirCumferance Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So, I have it so that the Icons overlap, which is what I want but I am also trying to get the numbers to appear ON the Icons, not to the left of them.

for (var ammoId in skill.itemAmmoCost) { ammoId = parseInt(ammoId); if (!isNaN(ammoId) && (ammoId > 0)) { this.changeTextColor(this.textColor(Unco.Param.ammoFontColor)); //var text = 'x' + String(skill.itemAmmoCost[ammoId]) + ( (Unco.Param.showAmmoLeft === 'false') ? "" : ( "/" + $gameParty.getItemAmount($dataItems[ammoId]) ) ); var text = String(skill.itemAmmoCost[ammoId]) + ( (Unco.Param.showAmmoLeft === 'false') ? "" : ( "/" + $gameParty.getItemAmount($dataItems[ammoId]) ) ); this.contents.fontSize = Unco.Param.ammoFontSize; this.drawText(text, wx, wy, dw, 'right'); dw -= this.textWidth(text); this.resetFontSettings(); if ($dataItems[ammoId].iconIndex > 0) { var iw = wx + dw - Window_Base._iconWidth; this.drawIcon($dataItems[ammoId].iconIndex, iw, wy + 2); dw -= Window_Base._iconWidth - 24;What/where would I edit to move the number over... is it in this bit o'code?

EDIT: Got help I needed Here

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
  20. Unconnected42

First Language:
    French
    I actually tried to put that option at some point, but I was dissatisfied with how it looked... It seemed there were some transparency effects that I didn't like.

EDIT:

That was a false impression I got from looking when the skill was not available.

Anyway, I think I will give that option in next releases.

Also, I think I found a slightly smarter way for drawing that:

Code:
       for (var ammoId in skill.itemAmmoCost) {      ammoId = parseInt(ammoId);      if (!isNaN(ammoId) && (ammoId > 0)) {         this.changeTextColor(this.textColor(Unco.Param.ammoFontColor));         var text = '';         text = text + String(skill.itemAmmoCost[ammoId]);         this.contents.fontSize = Unco.Param.ammoFontSize;         if ($dataItems[ammoId].iconIndex > 0) {            var iw = wx + dw - Window_Base._iconWidth;            this.drawIcon($dataItems[ammoId].iconIndex, iw, wy + 2);            this.drawText(text, iw, wy, Window_Base._iconWidth, 'center');            dw -= Window_Base._iconWidth + 2;         }         this.resetFontSettings();      }   }

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015