Ammunition System & Add-on (Crafting System)

SirCumferance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Icon offset and if the cost is ON the icon would be awesome features. As a potential role-model, I endorse this line of thinking

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Plug-in updated !

I added a lot of stuff actually:
- compact cost display (what we discussed above)
- weapon-type ammo (for shurikens, throwing knives, etc)
- game switch dependency (forgot to mention in mai topic AND plug-in help... I'll have to edit everything)
- ... and a first, big add-on : a skill-based crafting system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
i'm having a problem producing the item, it just takes the items needed but does not produce the potions as indicated in the inventory afterwards

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Have you setup your skill type, and do you see the crafting windows shown in screenshot?

Also, what other plug-ins are you using?

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Have you setup your skill type, and do you see the crafting windows shown in screenshot?

Also, what other plug-ins are you using?
Yes, the skill works as it goes into the skill menu and i'm able to select the item to be crafted and use the materials needed. The problem lies in actually producing the item itself. I don't have any other item plugin other than yanfly's and Jeenus appearance change via equipment/states plugin that only alter's actors appearance.

***Just found a big bug that never noticed before. apparently if you go into battle with no weapon equip, the game will crash...

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I am unable to reproduce any of these two bugs in my own project.

Could you send me yours by MP, so that I can have a look into it?

EDIT

Tried to update my Yanfly plug-ins to see if it made my plug-in broken, but I can still make items... The only case where I cant produce items is when Crafting is above Ammunition in plug-in list and nothing works, but I don't think you've made such a basic mistake...

EDIT 2

I just thought of something... I changed (added and deleted) the Ammunition System plug-in parameters since the last version. It might cause problems. You can try deleting the two plug-ins from the plug-in list, save the project, close RMMV, open again, and add again the two plug-ins (which you will have to reconfigure...). Maybe it could solve some one bug or the other.

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Love the new add-on, well done!

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am unable to reproduce any of these two bugs in my own project.

Could you send me yours by MP, so that I can have a look into it?

EDIT

Tried to update my Yanfly plug-ins to see if it made my plug-in broken, but I can still make items... The only case where I cant produce items is when Crafting is above Ammunition in plug-in list and nothing works, but I don't think you've made such a basic mistake...

EDIT 2

I just thought of something... I changed (added and deleted) the Ammunition System plug-in parameters since the last version. It might cause problems. You can try deleting the two plug-ins from the plug-in list, save the project, close RMMV, open again, and add again the two plug-ins (which you will have to reconfigure...). Maybe it could solve some one bug or the other.
I got it to work friend. I couldn't download the new patch because there's a virus detected so I copied the text and made a js file and updated the plugin. Now it's working. Thanks :D

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
:)  Love the new add-on, well done!
Thanks !

I got it to work friend. I couldn't download the new patch because there's a virus detected so I copied the text and made a js file and updated the plugin. Now it's working. Thanks :D
Okay. Glad to hear that it works !

DavidFoxfire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I want to use this Ammo and Crafting system in my project, but I want to ask you if I'd have any compatability issues ahead of time.  Enclosed is my configuration for the Item Core:

2015-11-16 17_20_00-Plugin Manager.png

I have Max Items set to 0 so that they'll stack.  (No Independent Items, as you'd say)  So while the Armor and Weapons have a limit, I could be able to put in both plugins between 'X Item Upgrade Slots' and 'Message Core' and have it work, right?

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I want to use this Ammo and Crafting system in my project, but I want to ask you if I'd have any compatability issues ahead of time.  Enclosed is my configuration for the Item Core:

2015-11-16 17_20_00-Plugin Manager.png

I have Max Items set to 0 so that they'll stack.  (No Independent Items, as you'd say)  So while the Armor and Weapons have a limit, I could be able to put in both plugins between 'X Item Upgrade Slots' and 'Message Core' and have it work, right?
Yes it should work that way. You can even have independent items and just put the tag for the crafted item/weapon & Mats as <Not Independent Item> and it'll be able to be crafted. Just keep in mind the crafted item that will be produced including weapons/armor/gears i believe might have to be <Not Independent Item> as well... so if you're going to make a weapon from being crafted, it's going to be stack-able :( Hopefully that'll change in future

Thanks !

Okay. Glad to hear that it works !

There's one bug I've noticed though, while configuring the plugin for

Show Ammo Left in Actor Command Window set as "true", will cause the game to crash if the Actor is using no weapon during battle when his turn is up using Yanfly's ATB Plugin. It must be set false so that it may not occur. Anyway to fix this issue Unconnect?

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yes it should work that way. You can even have independent items and just put the tag for the crafted item/weapon & Mats as <Not Independent Item> and it'll be able to be crafted. Just keep in mind the crafted item that will be produced including weapons/armor/gears i believe might have to be <Not Independent Item> as well... so if you're going to make a weapon from being crafted, it's going to be stack-able :( Hopefully that'll change in future
Hey, that already changed a long time ago!

Ammunition is now fully compatible (as far as I know) with independent items.

Crafting is, too.

You can use independent items/armors/weapons as ammo/materials and produce them as well.

I actually even didn't have to do anything to make Crafting compatible with ItemCore: I just use the standard method for adding items to the party's inventory, and since that method is Yanfly-modified to produce independent items if need be it works fine.

The problem was in Ammunition because when you look at inventory for item number x for database, you won't find it since you have instead a bunch of different items of Ids 3000+something. So I had to actively search for items with the same 'base' Id as the database item when ItemCore was imported. This has been done for a while now!

The only potentiel problem is with X_ItemUpgradeSlots. I have yet to test compatibility between this one and my scripts. I don't see inside anything that should make it incompatible... but you never know.

You might keep in mind, however, that Crafting and Ammunition do not allow you to choose which item material will be consumed, and that does not really fit with independent items philosophy - what if you wanted to consume THAT item and not THIS one, because they have slightly different stats ?

Thus, it is still probably better in most cases to have materials not be independent.

Also, there are some tricky troubles that can happen with 'reloading' skills when you use EquipCore and set up a customized list of equipment for actors: since I was lazy when coding it, users must precise which equip slot is to be equipped when loading ammo. But if you change an actor's equipment list, the equip slot might change... and all reload skills must be modified. This is also the case when temporarily disabling EquipCore, not to mention that different actors needing the same ammo might require a different set of skills each because their equipment lists may be different...

I might change that in the future to have the system smartly select the right slot.

Show Ammo Left in Actor Command Window set as "true", will cause the game to crash if the Actor is using no weapon during battle when his turn is up using Yanfly's ATB Plugin. It must be set false so that it may not occur. Anyway to fix this issue Unconnect?
I think I will do that soon.

Thanks for looking at the exact causes of the bug, that helps a lot!

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey, that already changed a long time ago!

Ammunition is now fully compatible (as far as I know) with independent items.

Crafting is, too.

You can use independent items/armors/weapons as ammo/materials and produce them as well.
Thanks Unconnect, but for some reason, when I try to craft, or use ammo for weapons/skills, the ammo(for weapons/skills) and materials(for crafting) still need to be <Not Independent item>

otherwise they won't work with yanfly's item core (I am using the Item upgrade slots plugin extension by yanfly as well)

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses

This should be ok now in latest version.

Thanks Unconnect, but for some reason, when I try to craft, or use ammo for weapons/skills, the ammo(for weapons/skills) and materials(for crafting) still need to be <Not Independent item>

otherwise they won't work with yanfly's item core (I am using the Item upgrade slots plugin extension by yanfly as well)
This is definitely not normal, I have been using independent items/armors/weapons for a while now without any problems... Thus, I renew my proposition that you send your project to me by MP so that I can look into it. Maybe it is related to the UpgradeSlot plug-in ?

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It seems I am having an odd issue with accessing equip based ammo.

Normal items work fine. Gold works fine.

Here are the screens:

(I have the Ammo equipped)

15_1117_ammoIssue_1b.PNG

(I have the Ammo INDEPENDENT)

15_1117_ammoIssue_1d.PNG

(The skill requires the ammo)

15_1117_ammoIssue_1c.PNG

(But the skill does not see it)

15_1117_ammoIssue_1e.PNG

Am I doing something wrong? :)

I've also noticed that the ammo requirement is ignored for weapons that have their default attack skill redefined via a plugin like WeaponSkill.js that comes with MV.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I am not surprised that Ammunition is not compatible with WeaponSkill... I guess I'll have to correct that.

Concerning your arrows problem, I notice that in the screen showing the ammo equipped, I see the current equipped arrow is named 'Crude Arrows', while the ammo configured for the skill is named 'Common Arrows'.

Are you sure those are the same arrows?

EDIT

I just tried using WeaponSkill with Ammunition and... well, in my own project, it actually works fine. I can't shoot my gun if there's no ammo, and ammo is consumed, even if I set a skill_id to the pistol...

How did you configure the ammo requirement? It must be done inside the weapon notebox and not the weapon skill notebox. If you did the latter, then it is normal that it does not work. Otherwise, I don't know.

Also, I only tested it with a 'normal' attack-type skill. I don't know what could happen with something more exotic.

And I put WeaponSkill before/above Ammunition.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am not surprised that Ammunition is not compatible with WeaponSkill... I guess I'll have to correct that.

Concerning your arrows problem, I notice that in the screen showing the ammo equipped, I see the current equipped arrow is named 'Crude Arrows', while the ammo configured for the skill is named 'Common Arrows'.

Are you sure those are the same arrows?
/facepalm

Sorry for wasting your time there... :headshake:

Looking forward to the WeaponSkill compatibility!

For the record. This is one heck of a sweet plugin. I wish I had found something similar in VXAce.

Out of curiosity, would you be willing to support charges for equip based ammo rather than purely using 1:1 consumption? It might solve the individual items issue as well as add some depth. Such as allowing wands to be used as ammo for spells. And the wand running out of charges meaning no more spells. ;)

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Apparently my edit and your answer were more or less simultaneous, so check again my previous message!

(to sum it up, in my own test project I can use WeaponSkill and Ammunition together juste fine, so correcting whatever bug is implicated in why it does not work for you might be difficult...)

As for charges, I think you can more or less emulate the behavior you describe by having an ammo cost of 0 for the wand, and an ammo cost of some item that you name 'Wand Charge'.

However, this is only partly what you want, since the charge would not be linked specifically to the wand...

To do that, I would have to require that the wand is an independent item, and give it a 'charge' property.

Maybe that could be done. But this would only work if used together with ItemCore.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Apparently my edit and your answer were more or less simultaneous, so check again my previous message!

(to sum it up, in my own test project I can use WeaponSkill and Ammunition together juste fine, so correcting whatever bug is implicated in why it does not work for you might be difficult...)

As for charges, I think you can more or less emulate the behavior you describe by having an ammo cost of 0 for the wand, and an ammo cost of some item that you name 'Wand Charge'.

However, this is only partly what you want, since the charge would not be linked specifically to the wand...

To do that, I would have to require that the wand is an independent item, and give it a 'charge' property.

Maybe that could be done. But this would only work if used together with ItemCore.
To clarify, the weapon skill assigned to the weapon has the ammo cost, not the weapon. I'll double check and report.

(Edit: You are right. Apparently I assumed two separate issues out of the same mistake.)

As for the charges. I am thinking that the wand (or whatever item such as an ammo clip or even a quiver of arrows) has the charges as equipment. Different equips would have different stats like any equipment, but it would become immediately unequipped without charges. A reload ammo skill could function normally in such a case. Rather than just changing the current ammo, running out of a clip of ammo would prompt the same action.

Thanks for your interest!

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
To follow up for anyone else using WeaponSkill in their project.

Make sure that the cost is assigned to the weapon to make sure there are no issues. Assigning the cost to the skill, gets it ignored. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!
MushroomCake28 wrote on Finnuval's profile.
Glad to see you're back! I was wondering what you've become! It's been a while since we spoke to each other!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josephdevelops