Ammunition System & Add-on (Crafting System)

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
The thing is, Ammo charges are only suppose to work with independent items, so it is totally normally that it does not work if you use the <Not Independent Item> tag...

What is abnormal is that independent ammo were apparently not equippable, according to what you are saying.

So I would like more details about that!

pikotan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It is of compatibility problems with yep_itemCore v1.24.
Even taking the <Ammo 1 Load> to the skills of note tag ammunition can not be loaded.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I did some verification and it seems the latest version of itemCore changes how independent items are handled internally, so all compatibility with my own plug-ins are broken ; it is not just the ammo reload thing.

(By the way, the reload skills were basically just some temporary solution for me to change ammo during battle  before I coded my Change Equip on Battle plug-in, you had better use this plug-in rather than the reload skills)

Thanks for reporting, but unfortunately recoding everything will probably be a huge piece of work so it won't be done anytime soon...

So for now, the choice is between using an older version of ItemCore, or only use Ammunition (and Alchemy extension) with not independent items.

Okaaaay... I misinterpreted what happened in ItemCore 1.24, and luckily it was way less serious than I thought... Just a typo correction by Yanfly, that just happened to concern some property name I needed to use in my plug-in.

Thus, there was actually only one line to change to correct the thing.  :D

It should normally work, now.

Last edited by a moderator:

pikotan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
wow it worked

thanks a bunch !!

CJ Elliott

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The plugin seems to be incompatible with hime's Equip Slot's Core Plugin (http://himeworks.com/2015/11/equip-slots-core/)

When attacking it simply crashes with the error "Cannot read property '_itemId' of undefined".

If I disable the equip core plugin or ammo plugin then no error happens.

Code:
TypeError: Cannot read property '_itemId' of undefined
    at Window_Ammo.setItem (UNCO_AmmunitionSystem.js:1862)
    at Scene_Battle.showAmmoWindow (UNCO_AmmunitionSystem.js:1998)
    at Scene_Battle.startActorCommandSelection (UNCO_AmmunitionSystem.js:2029)
    at Scene_Battle.changeInputWindow (rpg_scenes.js:2082)
    at Scene_Battle.selectNextCommand (rpg_scenes.js:2310)
    at Scene_Battle.onEnemyOk (rpg_scenes.js:2360)
    at Window_BattleEnemy.Window_Selectable.callHandler (rpg_windows.js:896)
    at Window_BattleEnemy.Window_Selectable.callOkHandler (rpg_windows.js:1165)
    at Window_BattleEnemy.Window_Selectable.processOk (rpg_windows.js:1150)
    at Window_BattleEnemy.Window_Selectable.onTouch (rpg_windows.js:1080)

Not sure if you know a way to fix this, but it would be greatly appreciated :)

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I am away from home at the moment, so I wont be able to have a look at this before next sunday at best.

I don't know if it can be fixed quickly...

(also, I am sure there is a Yanfly plug-in that does the same job as hime's plug-in ; are you not able to use it for some reason ?)

pikotan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
There are compatibility issues with Yep_weaponunleash.
Ammunition number does not appear to the right of the battle command of the attack.

For example: (attack [5])

aaa.png

Is this can be modified?

aaa.png

CaliburnAltais

Kamen Rider Altais
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I cant equips the ammo, the weapon equipped which are a Gunblade, allows equips bullet-type equips even if it don't requires it to work.
It grants a skill that uses ammo, but i can't equips the ammo.
Then i try equips a weapon that requires the use of ammo, but only that kind of weapon goes.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello there !

First, I need to apologize for my lack of activity here over the last few months. I have been quite occupied on other things...

Unfortunately, the PC on which all my MV copy, my projects and stuff are installed is kind of broken right now, so it is going to be a little while until I can seriously look into the plug-in.

Concerning the two compatibility problems that CJ Elliott and pikotan talked about... well I guess you guys have managed something or chosen another plug-in than mine since then, but :

- for the (in-)compatibility with Hime's plug-ins : I had actually taken a quick look at the beginning of summer, and... it really looked like a *huge* piece of work to adapt the Ammunition System to it (like, a similar amount than it takes to have it compatible with Yanfly). Sadly, I really don't know when I will have the time and motivation to do that. :|

- for the (in-)compatibility with Yanfly's Weapon Unleash : well, I did not take a look yet... but that should not be very complicated. When I get back to the Ammunition System, that might be the first correction I'm going to do.

@CaliburnAltais

If I understand correctly, you want :

- a weapon that does not actually *require* ammunition but can work with them - that is, some kind of gun that have a bayonet that can strike without ammo, or anything similar.

- skills that will require both ammunition AND the special gun to work, and represent the "thing" that happen when you actually fire the gun with ammo inside.

Now, I am not sure I understand what your problem is exactly. What do you mean exactly when you say " allows equips bullet-type equips even if it don't requires it to work" ?

Technically, the weapon does not have to allow anything: to do what you want, you actually just need to have the skill need ammo.

Is your problem just that Ammo cannot be equipped for some reason ?

If that is the case, I can't really see what is the problem without some more details (like screenshots of the database entries for the ammo, the equip slots for the class/character supposed to equip the ammo, what other plug-ins you are using )...

CaliburnAltais

Kamen Rider Altais
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Details: OK lest go...

First: in the data base for skills the skill that are the gunblade shoot (the skill granted by gunblade weapon) haves the ammunition tags: <Ammo 999 Equip: 1>, <Ammo 998 Equip: 1> and <Ammo 997 Equip: 1>. So it requires the equips 999(basic bullets), 998(fire bullets) and 997(ice bullets).

Also: the equipped weapon (a gunblade, which should be a kind of sword+gun) don't requires that equips (the ammo) to attacks, but in it traits haves equips bullets (which should allows to equips bullet type equips). But the plugin magically don't allows the bullets from any type begin equipped regardless of that trait because the weapon don't needs the bullets. 

Also it is a little... interesting: since the Equip Bullet trait should allow equips any bullet type equip, but i can't. Strange also is the fact that the plugin don't asks for the equips slot id (that are 8) or don't needs to tags the ammo equips to identifies as ammo, which can begin comprehended as block slot 8 or <ammo> taged unless that required. Which implies to me that the plugin looks for how are the ammunition in weapons/skill data instead of in the slot id or ammo notes. But it ins't the case, to case is I CAN'T EQUIPS BULLETS BECAUSE THE WEAPON DON'T NEEDS THEN.

So it is in deep details. The plugin don't allows equips if the weapon don't needs, even if haves or gives a skill that needs. I will be so glade if this problem are corrected to allows equips bullets while i using a weapon that don't requires bullets.

Thank you of reads my problem an haves nice Henshin

Edit: Yes you understood my problem correctly.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Stupid but necessary question : have you tried removing the skill tags making the equips as ammo, and see if then it could be equipped, just to confirm that the problem lies with the Ammunition plug-in ? (I guess you have, but I'm asking for confirmation just in case)

I haven't MV installed on my current computer right now, so I only gave a quick look to the plug-in code (I will install it within the next few days I think).

You are right about the fact that the plug-in actually verifies that an equip ammo needs a weapon to be equipped while browsing the weapons tag ; I had forgotten that fact myself !

I looked at how the system decides if the equip ammo are equippable or not, and I didn't really see any obvious reason why an armor-type ammo could not be equipped when no weapon needs it : clearly equip ammo are prevented from being equiped when no weapon needing them is equipped, but if no such weapon exists it should fall back to the "normal" equipability conditions ; however, that does not mean the problem is not there since it is hard to tell just by looking at the code... It is very possible that I had not tested the possibility of equip ammo needed for skills but not weapons.

Your remark also makes me think the plug-in is lacking even if the "bug" is not actually there : what you are trying to do (weapon with facultative ammo) cannot be properly done right now because with the way you can do it, even provided it works, you will be able to equip the ammo without the weapon being equipped, which is illogical.

I should have a tag for weapons meaning "ammo not mandatory" or something like that, so that the ammo needs the weapon, but the weapon does not actually need the ammo...

CaliburnAltais

Kamen Rider Altais
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I removed the tags from the gunblade shoot skill. But still resulting in noting. The bullets cannot begin equipped.

Also ins't exactly illogical equips ammo if ins't need, not prevents some one to holds ammo whit hands while fight, even if it will begin useless, actually if you play final fantasy 4 (at least the advance version) you will see that you can equips arrows even if don't haves a bow (which will renders the bows useless and it stats change will not begin applied).

Also instead of prevents the use, a good thing to do whit the "Ammo not mandatory" that you say, beater sets the equips to don't haves effect (or it stats/parameters/traits begin nullified) whiteout attacks whit a proper weapon or skill. Like if gunblade standard attacks don't need, negates the bullet, the special attacks needs, effect is applied should make more sense than prevents equips.

EX: fire bullet grants extra 3 ATK and Fire elemental in the attacks, Gunblade gives extra 20 ATK. It attack will ignores the fire bullet effect attacking whit 20 ATK, the gunblade shoot that requires will attacks whit 23 ATK and fire elemental.

It just a suggestion, i am noting criticizing you programming skill (Because i even can't hehehe for don't begin exactly a good programmer) if you can do, i will be glade, if you can't.... well i still recognizes you good job whit that wonderful plugin.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I removed the tags from the gunblade shoot skill. But still resulting in noting. The bullets cannot begin equipped.

Huh... wait ?

If removing the tags does not solve the problem, it probably means that Ammo System has nothing to do with it.

Try this : deactivate the Ammo plug-in alltogether (putting it at "off" in the plug-in list), remove all Ammo-related tags, and make some armor equips that your characters can equip.

Then, add the Ammo plug-in, and set some of known-to-be-equippable equips as ammo again to see what happens.

As for equips/ammo granting attribute boosts, elements, or whatever, it is part of the very basic MV system.

And it would probably be more difficult to make these effects inactive for an ammo when the corresponding weapon is not equipped (and even more to make it active only when a given skill is used !), than to make the ammo unequippable when the weapon is not equipped (which is already done, but not for the case where the ammo should be facultative).

CaliburnAltais

Kamen Rider Altais
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Plugin set as off..... and the bullets now can begin equipped via the trait equip bullets. SO the problem relies in the plugin.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
So, basically, turning the plug-in on just makes equips unequippable ? That happens with any armor ? And not with weapons ?

This is very strange.

I can only think of some plug-in incompatibility. What other plug-in are you using ?

(by the way, I should be able to reinstall my desktop PC this week-end, so maybe I'll be able to put MV on it and do something about that problem quite soon if I have enough details ; maybe ! )

CaliburnAltais

Kamen Rider Altais
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Yeaaaaaarmmmmm...... Nope, no plugin incompatibility, i removed all others an no. still the same sorry...

(by the way, I should be able to reinstall my desktop PC this week-end, so maybe I'll be able to put MV on it and do something about that problem quite soon if I have enough details ; maybe ! )
So. I hope that this problem is not only whit me, otherwise i will go mad.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses

It seems like it is something really weird.

I'll have to test my plug-in alone too, just to confirm I dont have the bug myself (who knows, maybe I made a careless mistake in the last update, even if it is unlikely such a huge bug could stay unnoticed until now).

If I see nothing, I'll have to ask you to put your project in an archive and upload it somewhere where I can get it, so that I take a look at it... I cant see any other way.

Have you tried creating a new project from scratch and put the plug-in in it, to see what happens ?

I am thinking of something else, too : there are new versions of RMMV around now and Ammo System was developed on the very first (and a big buggy !) version, would it be possible for a plug-in to become broken on a newer version of the soft ? Any reports of this happening for other plug-ins ?

CaliburnAltais

Kamen Rider Altais
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Create from zero, yes

Works.... NO.

Version: HUUUUUUUUUUUM, mayble

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@CaliburnAltais :

I tested some little things on my own after reinstalling MV.

Things work out fine for me with the latest updates. Equips stay equippable when I turn on Ammo System.

So I can only ask you to update your project somewhere and give me the link so that I can ahve a look...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, on another topic, I also looked at :

There are compatibility issues with Yep_weaponunleash.
Ammunition number does not appear to the right of the battle command of the attack.

For example: (attack [5])

View attachment 42247

Is this can be modified?

View attachment 42242

I tried to change the attack action on a weapon with ammo (by assigning a skill with one of Weapon Unleash tags), and the outcome depends on the respective positions of the Ammo System and WeaponUnleash plug-ins :

- if Weapon Unleash is placed above, things seem to work fine : I see the correct number of ammo next to the attack command.

- if Ammo System is placed above, then I see the skill name instead of the "Attack" command, without the ammo number.

I guess that pikotan wont be around on this topic any more after all this time, but if he is still around or someone else got the same problem, I'd like more precisions as to how the problem is encountered ! (respective positions of the two incompatible plug-ins, tags used, on which kind of database entry...)

CaliburnAltais

Kamen Rider Altais
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Update, man, it is all in portuguese, i guess that you will unable to understood something.

ALSO UPDATE, a new created project are 200-300 MB, i sure that this will not goes right.

BUT, is worth of try.

Also if the problem is the version, it will be hard, since the mine is a "free/cracked" download. May be the problem, since that things may comes whit problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...
So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galewings