XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Im curious to know it's possible to make game of the kind of amoug us with rpg maker mz.
building map should not be a problem in theory but I am not quite sure about the multi player part.

HarlekinLehl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I assume you talk about among us? Possible? Yes.
A 1 Second Google search brought this up:

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know, this plugin do be looking sus tho.

MelonMintGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's possible, but would be a little tricky.

Using Alphanet (as Harlekin linked) or maybe something like MMORPG maker would kind of work. Your main problem would be creating matchmaking system/a list of rooms that the player could join. Basically, players would need to coordinate through something like Discord and one player would have to host their own room using a sever like Hamachi or something. I think KageDesu (developer of Alphanet) is working on things like dedicated servers that might make this easier, but I'm not sure if there is a timeline or anything to get that done.

With some knowledge of coding and creativity, you might be able to get MMORPG maker to work since it uses an online server. Creating rooms wouldn't work out of the box, but you could probably make it work somehow...

Celestrium

Worldsmith
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@AeroPergold I am a supporter of Pheonix Kagedesu, it isn't a suspect plug-in. It is in development though and it is not plug and play. You also need a server and someone to support the online accounts. He also made several other plug-ins that are really good such as the map inventory on screen and the player place events on map plug-in. He is aiming to make rpgmaker mmorpg.

@XGuarden It is very possible, it is far from easy however.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That plugin is for MV. The OP is asking about MZ.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Celestrium

Worldsmith
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just wanted to say that the plug-in mentioned was for MV in the post but he is working on an MZ version that isn't ready just yet...

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@AeroPergold I am a supporter of Pheonix Kagedesu, it isn't a suspect plug-in. It is in development though and it is not plug and play. You also need a server and someone to support the online accounts. He also made several other plug-ins that are really good such as the map inventory on screen and the player place events on map plug-in. He is aiming to make rpgmaker mmorpg.

@XGuarden It is very possible, it is far from easy however.

I called it suspect not because of the plugin itself but rather to the topic at hand: doing Among Us in RPG Maker. I know its not a super productive post in of itself. But I thought I might post something silly and on point for Among Us.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Still has to be done ^^ Someone can do a plug-in?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.
No internet for 2 weeks. Thank goodness for phones. :kaoluv:
Megumi_Aramaki wrote on Takeshi014's profile.
Here you go! Enjoy mapping!
Megumi_Aramaki wrote on Takeshi014's profile.
Valley can be done by outside mountain town tilesets I will send you right away!
Hi everyone! I've relased a demo about my new game in "Games in Development". Someone interested? :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hendrix_Za