AMS with Faces, Changing Message Width

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by BryanB, Dec 4, 2019.

1. BryanB

BryanB Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello!

I am using DubeAlex's AMS with RPG Maker XP.
    https://save-point.org/thread-2327.html

I input faces and found that it takes up a lot of text room, partly because it's indented so far in from the left. Is there a way to decrease the indentation size?

I've been able to edit the different width sizes and locations, but can't find the indentation between the left side of the box and the face.

Attached is a picture of the dialogue box, note the indentation... Thank you so much for your help!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @BrianKB Please edit your post to include a link to the web page where you got the script so that people don't have to hunt for it if they need to check something before making a suggestion.

3. kyonides

kyonides Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    If the picture was blitted into the window, then there's not way to completely remove the indentation. If you try hard to remove it, you'd end up hiding a portion of that picture. Since it seems to have been stretched blitted, I guess your only choice is to make the message window wide enough to include the picture plus any text message.

4. BryanB

BryanB Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm able to change the size of the window but it always has that large margin on the left side of the face, so it feels like a lot of wasted space that I'd like to save if possible. Thanks!

5. BryanB

BryanB Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Okay, I was able to move it over a bit. It may be enough, although it'd be nice if I could move it over even farther. I found it on lines 159 and 690 by changing the first number from 16 to 0. Using negative numbers starts to cut the face graphic off on the left side.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QE5xpxLfhoBcwikRA
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: