Suv

The average user
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Some great pixel work!

But that makes me wonder. Would one need vx to legally use those, since their design is attributed to vx...?

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Suv Thanks! I think it's safest to go by the same rules as the EB/Tsukuru resources (where the VX versions came from), meaning they're fine to use as long as you have either VX or Ace.

eigwayne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The sprites are so cute! The XP cover set are especially adorable. And your face set for the VX cover characters are so expressive!

Rogue Milk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So @Amysaurus , what type of weapons do you figure each of the XP Cover Heroes to use?
The wizard guy looks obvious, but I don't know about the others. They all seem light and swift, like rogues.

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Rogue Milk I definitely get rogue vibes from most of them, too. I'd go with twin daggers/short sword for the pink cape girl, tomes for the elf girl, knives for the guy in grey, and a staff + tomes for the mage guy.

Thyste

Master of Ceremonies
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I've been looking through your work and... ah, to hell with the formal speel. I suck at art. Could you please make me a sprite sheet of Mononoke (from her titular Studio Ghibli film) with her mask on?

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Amysaurus I just want to say these are all really well done. I wish you the best of luck with what else you plan to do. If you're planning to slowly convert the rest of the previous RTP sprite sets for MV, then I wish you the best of luck with that too.

Thank for doing that and your artwork & the additional facesets for the cover art ones are all really nice!

Last edited:

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey guys! Here's an updated version of my Ylva sprite. No huge changes, but I went back and animated her hair :smile:

I'm slowly getting back into recreating the VX/VX Ace RTP, starting with the rest of the Actor 2 characters.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks awesome! Love seeing the VX/VX Ace RTP characters in MV form.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Amy, these are wonderful - did you mostly make these in the generator and then do some minor edits? The reason I ask is, how laborious would it be for you to also make the SV Battler versions? I and I'm sure others would love to use some of these characters!

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
More of an announcement than an update, but I've decided to go ahead and allow for commercial use of my resources. (Please just use your best judgement when it comes to sets like the Zelda icons!)

@GalacticGod Thank you!

@jonthefox It varies from character to character, but yup! For instance, the sprite for 2-8 I just finished was custom except for the hat, which I edited from the generator. I've considered making matching battlers, but at this point I'd prefer to get the initial walking sprites done first ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chilling out while toodling around someone's painstaking Minecraft recreation of Disneyland. It is mind-boggling and probably as close as I'll ever be to going.
>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4kWave