Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

Hey! I'm not exactly doing rocket science here, but I've been making some tweaks to the MZ default artwork! ^^

For the character artwork, I tried to maintain the original artwork sizes as much as possible, but inevitably there will be some differences!

Notes: Removed the... interesting shape from the front.

Notes: See below for sprites!
Notes: Moved his head to the right, added the bottom of his shoe.
Notes: Shrunk his head, lengthened his neck, adjusted his right arm.
Notes:Shrunk her head, adjusted the angle of her leg, adjusted the angle of her arm.
Notes:Adjusted her leg, covered her eyes with her hair (alt. version)
Notes:Gave her irises, removed her wrinkles. Made a version with a smaller nose. See below for sprites!
Notes: Turned it orange, and made the eyes face forward. See below for sprites!
Notes: Adjusted her right boot.
Notes: Shrunk her head, adjusted her legs.
Notes: Shrunk his head, shrunk his hands, adjusted his feet. (I feel like there's more to change, but I need some time to keep looking at it.)
Notes: Shrunk his head, adjusted his right shoulder, shortened his legs
Notes: Shrunk his head, adjusted his right shoulder, adjusted the angle he's standing at
Notes: Shrunk his head and hands, lengthened his neck, adjusted his height, tried to de-blur his face a little.
Notes: Shrunk his head and adjusted the angle, shrunk his body, lengthened his neck
Notes:Shrunk his head, lengthened his neck, adjusted his right shoulder.
Notes: Shrunk his head, adjusted his right shoulder, covered his eye with his hair (alt. version)
Notes: Straightened out her legs and gave her ankles, adjusted her left hand, adjusted her chest/neck.
Notes: Shrunk and adjusted the angle of his head, shrunk his body, lengthened his neck

Want it all? I've uploaded the files here (via Google Drive), which you can download as a .zip (right-click the folder, then select download).

Terms of Use:
You must own a legal copy of RPG Maker MZ to use these.
You can use these in your commercial or non-commercial project, credit goes to Amysaurus & Kadokawa.
You can edit these for personal use, but don't post edits without my permission!
You may link to my resources, but don't repost without my permission!

If you're interested, you can check out my MV resources here!

Last edited:

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
would it be possible to request for different expression for the bust :rheh:

hayahay

The Lazy One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Alien Language
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is so much better than the original! although I don't really hate the original rtp.

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@hayahay Thank you! Yeah, I actually really like the art style this go around (well, at least for the drawings). I'm just picky and can't help but tweak things when I see issues. :rswt

I added an adjustment for People3_6's character art, and now it's time for brunch!:rtea:

(Yes, 80% of the edit really was just scaling his width in. I know. I know.)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, the actors are better this way for sure. I really appreciate the fixes, it wasn't until I saw the comparison that I realized how distorted they originally were. Do you mind critique? I think 4_1's lifted arm needs narrowing and 1_4's legs are too thin, especially the left.

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Sharm Critique is always welcome, yup! I'd be lying if I said that most of my edits aren't just me eyeballing things and thinking they look better, haha! :LZSlol:

I went ahead and gave those fixes a go - I'm actually really glad you pointed out 4_1's arm - I kept going back to that image and wondering why it still felt off, and I think that was it. For 1_5, I actually ended up giving him his original legs back, then editing the edges a bit to match up.

@DigitalWF Amazing is an awfully strong word - I'd go with 'really really bored' ^^

Actor1_2 bust expressions are on the way~

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yep, that looks better to me too. Thanks! I'll let you know if I notice anything else in the future, but I think you're doing a great job so I don't think it'll happen often.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These look fantastic! Great job!

I'd love to see more facesets and busts with different emotions, especially Actor3_3. :)

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Amysaurus some of my favorite characters are actor 2_4, actor 2_7 and people 2_2. If you’re really bored, do you mind doing them first?(If you're free)
I’m using them currently on my new mz game.
It would make so much different when they are talking using the bust.

Last edited:

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Amysaurus - I don't know how you guys do this yet but great job and thanks for sharing your work!

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Amysaurus They're so good!
If it's not too much trouble can I request for eyes closed - neutral expression (I'm using it for casting spell) and very angry expression? Thank you very much.

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Quexp My pleasure! My theory is that a lack of sleep gives you superpowers, idk. Don't test that theory.

@DigitalWF Thank you! I went ahead and replaced the bottom-right portrait/face with a neutral expression. I'll see if I can get to an angry expression later on.

I went ahead and added an alternate version of SF-Actor_2's artwork, as well as a couple other characters ^^

Time to call it a day!:ptea:

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Amysaurus thank you, I hope you won a lottery for doing such a good thing. Will be waiting for more char

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Currency ---

Hero: This city cannot accept Gold to buy the items.
Merchant: You can exchange Gold into TC,depending the rate of TC this time.
Hero: Really? Then,i want to exchange 999999999G.
Merchant: Let's see……Wait a second,are you Cheating again?
Hero: Hell No!!! I earn it with myself!!!
There's always a time when you're super excited to create something but you already have no energy left. :I
I think of all the effects in my game, the light passing through fog has got to be my favorite....

...Also I spent all day trying to figure out how I had suddenly messed it up and made it start dropping frames like crazy. So I had all day to look at it... mocking me... with it's previous 60fps reduced to 30fps... At least it's fixed now.
Dalph wrote on slimmmeiske2's profile.
Slimmm, we should team one day and make "Reid in Wonderland" or "Aluxes in boots".
Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking ---

F.Mage: Hey,guys. i made dinner for you!
M.Fighter & Hero: (Shock) Dinner???
(F.Mage Put The Failed And Burnt Dishes Surrounded With Creepy Aura)
Hero: What the...???
F.Mage: It's Curry Rice,Fried Egg And Cakes. I hope you guys like my Dishes.
M.Fighter: Are you kidding me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noerdlicherem