An Event that let's the players switch titles

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Gabrepasta, Dec 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Gabrepasta

Gabrepasta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So here's the deal...
    The player is leveling up on a separate map, where you can choose between 3 different Power-Ups per level.
    These Power-Ups are "Strength", "Magic" and "Agility". Choose a power up and you get a buff on some stats and a variable will increase for that stat. Have the right mix of values on these 3 variables and you unlock a title, that will give you even more bonus stats.
    To this point everything works fine.

The issue comes around when you are leaving that map.
    You see, when you trigger the even to leave the map you are supposed to choose the title you want to bear, but I have no idea how to manage that.

You gain more titles while progression so I cannot not just make it a "choice"-event. I have no idea in which order the player will gain them, so I would have to do a sheer endless amount of conditional branches with the same amount of choice options... So that's a no go.

I tried doing it via items that will trigger an event, but I couldn't figure out how to get variables altered through damage formula and at this point I already use the inventory for something else that blocks that possibility entirely.

Is there a plug-in that would allow me to create a window that is basically a list of added strings that allows the player to hit one of them to trigger an event?

Or does anyone have another idea?

2. Weremole

Weremole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    A conditional choice plugin would maybe help? Himeworks aren't Yanfly dependent and she has a large choices one as well if you need to expand beyond the default for some reason.

Gabrepasta likes this.
  3. Gabrepasta

Gabrepasta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Using Hime's larger choice plug-in and Hime's hide choices plug-in I managed to (for now) set up something that works.

Thanks for the tip^^