An event where you can save people from a fire?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Mrpaulyshore, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Mrpaulyshore

Mrpaulyshore Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Sounds like a bold topic, however, I am doing an event in my game where the villain sets off a bomb in a club. I have switches for the blocked paths and fire and switches for the survivors as well. What i need help with is making it so you have to rescue people before you get outside. I know I can put a switch at the door where it'll say "I have to see if more survivors are inside" But what I need help with is how to make that count down to where after I grab the 5 or 10 people that need saving then I can go outside and finish the event? And on the topic of that any way to make the atmosphere look a lot more realistic?

thanks in advance.

2. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    For the event, try using a variable. Each time you save a person add +1 to that variable and in the exit event have a conditional branch check to see if that variable is set to the number of people who need to be saved. If it's equal to that amount, then allow the player to leave, otherwise have the text telling them to go back.

If you really like you can use the same eventing to make it a sort of "If you save all 10 you get this, if you saved 5 you get this instead" thing, just by checking the variable against the necessary number you want and having it run. Example pic:

[​IMG]

3. Mrpaulyshore

Mrpaulyshore Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I appreciate you going out all for me I really do? I am a stranger to variables? Is there is a tutorial for variables? I would like to learn more about them!

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, there are a lot of them - the best one is probably the "variables guide".
    Follow the link in my signature, the variables guide is one of the tutorials linked in that one.