An event where you can save people from a fire?

Mrpaulyshore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Sounds like a bold topic, however, I am doing an event in my game where the villain sets off a bomb in a club. I have switches for the blocked paths and fire and switches for the survivors as well. What i need help with is making it so you have to rescue people before you get outside. I know I can put a switch at the door where it'll say "I have to see if more survivors are inside" But what I need help with is how to make that count down to where after I grab the 5 or 10 people that need saving then I can go outside and finish the event? And on the topic of that any way to make the atmosphere look a lot more realistic?

thanks in advance.

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Reaction score
First Language
English
For the event, try using a variable. Each time you save a person add +1 to that variable and in the exit event have a conditional branch check to see if that variable is set to the number of people who need to be saved. If it's equal to that amount, then allow the player to leave, otherwise have the text telling them to go back.

If you really like you can use the same eventing to make it a sort of "If you save all 10 you get this, if you saved 5 you get this instead" thing, just by checking the variable against the necessary number you want and having it run. Example pic:

Mrpaulyshore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I appreciate you going out all for me I really do? I am a stranger to variables? Is there is a tutorial for variables? I would like to learn more about them!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I appreciate you going out all for me I really do? I am a stranger to variables? Is there is a tutorial for variables? I would like to learn more about them!
Yes, there are a lot of them - the best one is probably the "variables guide".
Follow the link in my signature, the variables guide is one of the tutorials linked in that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...
Finsh all of the walking dead game in a week, such an amazing emotional trip
I really need to stop sidetracking sometimes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waybinary