SPM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
AN EVIL NIGHT   by SPM

------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael and Isaac are off for a weekend vacation trip to Pluckley, a village in the southeastern part of England, where Isaac was born. Isaac knows that the fastest way to travel requires them to cross certain woods with a bad reputation: Dering Forest. Neither of them are really scared about the hearsay that this apparently beautiful piece of vegetation is actually cursed, as it's nickname among the habitants of the county is actually "The Screaming Forest". 

One day is all the time they need to get past these woods, so they march on. Everything goes fine until Isaac gets lost, and an evil night begins... An Evil Night is a short old school dark horror game meant to last about an hour. If you like Lovecraft legends... you will enjoy this even more. ;)   

Developed in the RPG Maker VX ACE. It is necessary to have the RTP, if not the game will not work.

Features:

- Horror and exploration gameplay. Be aware of your surroundings and look for clues.

- Interactive puzzles and riddles.

- Intense moments where tension can overflow.

- A 1 hour adventure story where two legends merge into one, and an ancient evil lures the protagonists to his web of horror.

Credits:

Enterbrain
Sanggameboy
S1yMcNasty
Sithjerster
Lagoon-Sadnes
Wszystko
Kaihen
Ravenclaw
Cait
Celianna
Lunarea
AlexTooth

Incompetech.com
Purple-planet.com
Nicke
Rafael_Sol_Maker
JujitsuDon

Based on the legends and stories of:

Dering "The Screaming" Forest

Robert W. Chambers
August Derleth
H. P. Lovecraft

Screen shots:

screen3.png

screen8.png

screen11.png

screen12.png

screen14.png

screen15.png

screen7.png

title.png

Downloads:

An Evil Night 1.1 FINAL (without the RTP) -> Download

An Evil Night 1.1 FINAL (with the RTP) -> Download

---

An Evil Night 1.0 OLD (without the RTP) -> Download

An Evil Night 1.0 OLD (with the RTP) -> Download

ENJOY!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

AnimeGirl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
Why you post the links to the images instead of the images directly?
Just as there are also others are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Woops, sorry. I did'nt figure out until now how to do it. Now they are visible with no link. ;)

Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
I'm absolutely going to play this in the weekend. Unfortunately, I'm at work and l don't have a computer. But don't worry. I'll play it for sure. :)

Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
I'm absolutely going to play this in the weekend. Unfortunately, I'm at work and l don't have a computer. But don't worry. I'll play it for sure. :)

BACK!!!

This game is absolutely amazing!! I loved it. The story is really good and scary. I highly recommended. Thanks for developing this piece.

I will come back when I finish it.

Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
BACK!!!

This game is absolutely amazing!! I loved it. The story is really good and scary. I highly recommended. Thanks for developing this piece.

I will come back when I finish it.

I really like the endings. (1 & 3) but the game was too short!!!

I enjoyed anyway and thanks again for your game.

SPM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Thanks a lot, Abdulla!!! Very glad you enjoyed it!! ;)

By the way, I don't know if you found out but there are 4 endings in total. Here goes a hint-spoiler (WARNING) to help you (and others) if you didn't get them all yet:

Ending 1: Choose to die at the finale.

Ending 2: When you find the book "The King in Yellow" just before meeting him in person, keep it. After that, choose to live at the finale.

Ending 3: Do not pick up the book "The King in Yellow" just before meeting him in person. After that, choose to live at the finale.

Ending 4: When you find the book "The King in Yellow" just before meeting him in person, burn it inmediately. After that, choose to live at the finale.

JeffPAWA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hey SPM as you kindly asked here's your playthrough

Great game as good if not better than your previous I liked it a lot! If you continue like that you'll become a master in no time!

have a good one and keep the good games coming!

TheMechanicFairy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh my lordie, that was a blast! Kinda wish that it wasn't so short. I also can't seem to find the other endings. (Only got 1 & 2) But still, loved the story, loved the atmosphere, hated Isaac with the fiery passion of a thousand suns!

SPM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Thanks for playing, JeffPawa!!! Glad you enjoyed and nice playthrough!!!! :D

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
change the font of the main title ;)

jameswestbrook351

DecayingDev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks interesting!!! I will consider let's playing or streaming this game later.

SPM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello to all!!! I finally got some time to top off the final version of the game, 1.1 which is now live and ready to download!!!

These are the things that have been changed/added:

• Fixed a couple of bugs on transparent walls in the Tomb zone.
  • Fixed some mispelled dialogs (sorry) and added new ones (specially at the end).
  • Added one extra ending!!! This makes 5 possible endings.

As I said before this will most likely be the final release, so I hope you enjoy!!

By the way there is a Spanish version coming up in a couple of weeks dedicated to my home country :D

Nothing more to say, as always feedback and opinions are really welcome and will be treated wisely. See you around!!!! ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arvel