An extremely belated hello

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by Darr123, May 29, 2014.

1. Darr123

Darr123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Might as well join in the latest trend.

I started RMing when I was a young lad(I was like 9 :p ) and I've been on rpg maker forums for the entire time I've been doing this. That said, I joined these forums one day in December 2012, when I finally got around to getting Ace after years with good old VX and a little bit of XP. But me being the lazy guy I am, have not finished a single game nor even released a demo, god knows how many projects I've started and binned and I have nothing to show for'm, which is genuinely something I regret.

I really like these forums and I can usually be seen lurking the Game & Map screenshot thread or the Pokemon Corner and I never really post anything except for the odd map from something that will never be completed.

So yeah. Hi I guess. :rock-left: BD :rock-right:

2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi Darr! Doing all that work and realizing it's junk is frustrating. That's why I don't ever delete anything and when I get the urge to start something new I go back through my junk pile and see what's worth salvaging. Usually the stuff I hated before was actually just fine or only needs a little work to fix it. Most of the time when I hate my work I'm just going through a fit of depression.

3. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Man I know how you feel, I'm so lazy too...and I haven't done a dayum yet (we're exactly on the same boat I guess...ahahahahah).

Anyway, welcome Darr123! I hope you'll have fun here!

See you around on the forums. :)

Susan likes this.
  4. whitesphere

whitesphere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi Darr!

I know what you mean.  To put in a lot of work and then go "Well, that's not going to work" can be disappointing.

But, we live and learn, the more we do the better we get at it.  :)

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Dalph certainly seems to have started something.  Good to know a bit about you.  Maybe all those ideas you had and junked are still lurking around, growing and maturing in the back of your mind without you noticing.  I bet if you were to go back to some of them, you'd find that you see them in a different light and maybe they would work for you now.  Worth a try anyway.

6. doncht

doncht Villager Member

That's a long overdue intro. :) But nice of you to share a little bit about yourself. 

7. AoDLegacy

AoDLegacy Fantasy Fanatic Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there, you're not the only one with ideas locked in closets. I have plenty of those, for various reasons. I have my own projects I'm struggling to get done. Nice to meet you, hope to see ya around