an idea that I want to have in the game

quakerori

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
as I'm making a game with only three characters, I want to spice up the third character by giving it the power to switch forms from, attacking one enemy with heavy damage, and the other form dealing damage to everyone

I feel like I've already figured it out, but I still don't exactly know how some of the events work, I tried making the skill to switch forms as a switch, which would trigger a common event, that basically just switches the character's class

But for some reason whenever I use the skill, it would change the character's class, outside of battle, it would crash the game. And if I use it in battle it would make me pick another character, but the character I want to change class, to change class

So I'm pretty much lost in this one, hopefully some of y'all can bring me a bit of insight on how to do this

if it would help I'm using the 2003 version cuz that's the only one I bought at the time

Last edited by a moderator:

NotADev

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show us how you've set up the events? Your description has me a little confused.

quakerori

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Can you show us how you've set up the events? Your description has me a little confused.
well what I want to make is that a character can change its moveset from only attacking one enemy to all the enemies on the screen, and vice versa

I've thought of using the change actor class event but that doesn't seem to work, since when I use it outside of battle it crashes the game, and when I use it in battle it also doesn't seem to work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm having issues with my steam account... so I can't use MZ right now, so I can't work on my game until its solved, so it be harder to be ready for 31... guess I'll get ice cream :kaopride:
Motivation! Inspiration! There you are. I was worried you guys weren't going to show up today. Let's get this thing going!
Made these new little isles yesterday, to test my new tiles. Guess they're look pretty chill...
Are your bodies ready for spoopy? 0 w0
Made a lot of progression today with my next chapter. It helps that I wrote an outline of what will happen. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cumchild