standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's just a maker version. It isn't going to be the reason anyone finishes or releases a game. I've watched quite a few vids on it and done a lot of reading on it......Now I don't own the product, but it just seems to be MV ACE. Efekseer (sp?) is a cool addition, and PIXI 5 is nice, but overall I don't think you should feel like you're missing out.

ImaginaryVillain

Lord of the Sparkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They're just excited, it's the whole new and shiny effect. Those of us in serious development doing the more exotic things, took one look at MZ and said see you in a couple of years when you can do what MV can. :LZSwink:

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Meanwhile I'm in the camp of "I just bought MV earlier this year. i only have 700 hours on it. at least lemme put in another thousand more before @'ing me about the new one"

Drokkkon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, isn't that good.

It's just RPG maker MV with updates. I was expecting a lot more. Maybe the community will create great plugins and it becomes something more.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
People: Man, all I've got is MV.
Other people: MV? All I've got is Ace.
Still others: *Iaughs in 2k3*

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find it great, but it is still quite limited compared to MV due to the versatility of so many plugins available. Character Gen is better for sure in MZ but would have love the 8 Character directional sprite setting for it, sadly it is still only a 4D

Aaron

Code Mage Unproductive Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
People: Man, all I've got is MV.
Other people: MV? All I've got is Ace.
Still others: *Iaughs in 2k3*
I have all of the above. MZ is the only engine I don't have. I'll have to wait for a big sale :rtear:

Wonder if anyone still uses 2000.

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For me it's what I expected and I'm happy with it.

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I hopped in just in time to ride the MZ wave, it'll be the first PC maker I use to make a full length game.

Only thing I have to compare it to are the PSX/PS2 makers I dabbled with when I was a kid, though buying MZ did come with MV, which I got to play around with for a little while.

From what I've seen, you'll be fine with MV, especially if you're making a game in it already. If I were in that predicament, I'd definitely finish what I have in MV instead of trying to port it over to MZ. (or jump ship to MZ without finishing)

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am not a public relationship and marketing worker for the RPG maker. I am not going to cloud your decision making. I think you have to think about carefully why you need it. Not, why you want it?
It is like do as I say, but not do as I do.
I like the MZ because I can covert from MV to MZ and plus the event organizer addition. However, MZ is still a young age and we need cautious optimism. The bugs will be discovered and the MZ will get the update patch like other RPG maker products.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
After using MZedd, I have no clue what others are talking about. I literally couldn't be paid to go back to MV or any previous maker. lol It cuts my dev time down by hours upon hours, due to all of the ease of use/quality of life changes (which are TONS).

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mostly bought MZ to get new tiles and bgm/bgs/se. I'm playing around with MZ to see what changed, having fun writing new plugins.

But, I'll keep using MV for a long time.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just wait for Black Friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotanimi