alfredotrojse

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, what's up?
I'm new in this forum, I hope I didn't miss any step of the "welcome procedure" eheh
In any case, HI EVERYONE!

I'm writing to ask you a little help, I had a wonderful idea for a mystic videogame: a strange game, full of symbols, that talks directly to the unconscious, a mad idea!! ahah

However, I need a lot of graphics things! ...or maybe not, I don't know, I'm pretty good making great things from scratches (I'm an audio engineer, everythings starts with a note and a portable recorder and ends in radio station ahahah), but I can't find nothing I like.

I spent last 3 days looking, searching, trying... maybe someone of you can help me.
I'm looking for retro-style tileset (like Chrono Trigger, or Sword of Mana, FF VI...) and I need varios ambients: medieval, modern houses, space (spaceships, sci fi things), desertic and mystic (temples, pyramids). I know this description is pretty hazy, but I want to leave everyone who will help me free to imagine and see what comes after!

If anyone of you knows a way I can find those things, or has them, just give me a call!!

I used to play with RPG Maker when I was 12... good old days, it was eaaaaasier!!! ahahah

Thank you for reading this, and have a very very very nice day!
Alfredo

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I guess the time fantasy pack is something for you then?

It has plenty of additions, that should cover all (or most) of your needs.

Other retro styles are a lot more limited and it's harder to make them match, there is e.g.
that is pretty awesome, but you would have to set up and expand it on your own.

alfredotrojse

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Avery! thank you very much for your reply and your advice, I'm very happy to see that!! And I take this opportunity to make you my biggest congratulation for your work, you know... looking for something free I saw your works on another thread, it's very well done. However.. yes, I think I'm gonna buy that pack you recommended me, "Time Fantasy". The only doubt is that I can't see the whole tileset so it's hard to judge if it's worth or not. Anyway, 11 dollars are a low price enough to give it a chance! I think I will look for others on the "shop" section of this site. It's pretty hard to find retro stuff, but for the game I have in mind it's very very very needed.

I had the idea to make it with "NES Maker", some time ago I helped a friend with the soundtrack. It has been really intriguing, I was working with FamiTracker and for me (a musician and a sound engineer) it has been a great experience ahahah but... the limits of the NES are very strict, and I'm talking about the space of the cartridge.. what a pity!

Anyway, thanks for all your advices, you have been very kind :)

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In fact, the image is not important, because it is difficult to find a full set that is free and satisfactory unless you create it yourself.
Don't spend too much time looking for graphics resources, it will consume your patience, and you will feel disappointed and give up making games because you can't find satisfactory resources.
The construction of the game system is the main thing. I have been in the forum for two months, but my game is still in its infancy, hahahaha

alfredotrojse

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In fact, the image is not important, because it is difficult to find a full set that is free and satisfactory unless you create it yourself. Don't spend too much time looking for graphics resources, it will consume your patience, and you will feel disappointed and give up making games because you can't find satisfactory resources. The construction of the game system is the main thing. I have been in the forum for two months, but my game is still in its infancy, hahahaha
ahahah I know the feeling, very well!! Unfortunately I'm kinda like you, and you're right, it consumes my patience... but I will do it!! You know what's hard? the autotile section, from A1 to A4. But I found some some, and it's not the first time I work with graphic things (so many flyers in my past...), I believe tomorrow I'll try making my set and see what happens. The ones Avery posted are good, maybe I can start with them and integrate with things I found on the web!

What'a your game about??

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ahahah I know the feeling, very well!! Unfortunately I'm kinda like you, and you're right, it consumes my patience... but I will do it!! You know what's hard? the autotile section, from A1 to A4. But I found some some, and it's not the first time I work with graphic things (so many flyers in my past...), I believe tomorrow I'll try making my set and see what happens. The ones Avery posted are good, maybe I can start with them and integrate with things I found on the web!

What'a your game about??
At the beginning, I wanted to find all kinds of tiles, but now I want to use Photoshop to make maps, but I need to be more proficient in Photoshop, hahahaha.
If you can't find what you want, just do other things first, and only if you have a sense of accomplishment are you interested in continuing to make it!
my game? Maybe it's about historical stories!

alfredotrojse

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At the beginning, I wanted to find all kinds of tiles, but now I want to use Photoshop to make maps, but I need to be more proficient in Photoshop, hahahaha.
If you can't find what you want, just do other things first, and only if you have a sense of accomplishment are you interested in continuing to make it!
my game? Maybe it's about historical stories!
I'm searching just what I need to see my idea is comin to life, like a guitar player in studio...

..he passes 20 minutes searching for the perfect sound;
then 2 minutes to record it.
(then 2 days with the engineer to look for the really perfect sound, because now the first one is absolutely wrong ahahahah)

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm searching just what I need to see my idea is comin to life, like a guitar player in studio...

..he passes 20 minutes searching for the perfect sound;
then 2 minutes to record it.
(then 2 days with the engineer to look for the really perfect sound, because now the first one is absolutely wrong ahahahah)
Yes, interest is as important as inspiration, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Cheating Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Ahh,This item really expensive!
F.Mage: What should we do?
Hero: Don't worry,i can use this (Activate 999999999G,Suddenly The Game Police Is Watching)
Game Police:Ehem!!! (I See You Gesture)
Hero: (Gulp)...Just...forget it...

Second bust is almost ready. I have to stop for now, but I wanted to show him off. Just have to do a handful of edits and the rest of his expressions will be done.
Kupotepo wrote on casper667's profile.
Thank you @casper667 for make many amazing plugins. Do you see right @hiddenone make the blogs about your plugins?
Does anyone know where the MZ PluginEditorDemo.js can be found? It might be called SampleCoreScript now. I'd like to see what changed from MV.
Among Us w/friends stream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lightning_Itsuki