An RPG Maker event/expo/convention.

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by goddialga, Jul 23, 2017.

1. goddialga

goddialga Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello! I'm from Thailand. I really liked this engine and hope to make or see some events (like Tokyo Game Show but maybe in a smaller scale) which focus solely on RPG Maker-related or similar engines in my country one day. But it seems unlikely because of how small the popularity is. Just my own silly desire.

There are a bunch of great games out there, especially from Japan. Ib, Mad Father, To the Moon, LiEat (WOLF RPG Editor), The Witch's House, Pocket Mirror, The Strange Men Series, Undertale (Game Maker) etc. Imagine those games are in the events with the developer or a substitute being there!

I think Kadogawa or Enterbrain or whoever that created and support this engine should support the games being made by RPG Maker or similar in a better ways. And create this kind of event.

How about your country? Does it has some events?

2. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In Czech republic the rpg maker is fairly popular, but the community is dead. So... No.

3. Skunk

Skunk Melody Master Veteran

First Language:
    English/Slavic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ive noticed the community growing quite a bit in the past year or so.
    It died right down for VX Ace, then MV showed up and said "fine, object oriented programming"
    Only people who are hating on MV are the folks who were using falcao's abs system

4. fizzly

fizzly Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Poland here, no chance for events like this...it looks like RM isn't very popular here.

5. Gamefall Team

Gamefall Team Moon Coder Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The same situation in Italy. I met people that used the engine and in this forum I found some other italian guys working with the engine, but I can say that the popularity of this engine on my side is not enough for a dedicated event. But I hope to see an event like that someday.

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    there have been smaller meetings (not really cons) in local communities, for example the users of one german forum organised themselves to meet during a larger unrelated happening called "japan day", but only very few computer games are big enough to warrant making an exclusive con about them.

So rather than looking for a RPG.Maker-Con, you'll get better chances to suggest in a local forum, "Hey, let's meet at that other con where some of you probably go to anyway".

7. goddialga

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It seems most countries have the same situation. And yes I've tried to meet people at the other conventions too. I guess that's the best I can do about this RPG Maker event.

8. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, unfortunately I think that an actual con would be non-profitable for the company. I know here in the U.S. Degica often has a booth at bigger cons. And that, and I think perhaps organizing a local meet up are likely the best you can hope for.

9. sabao

sabao Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    In my region at least, I feel like the community may be far too small and too far apart geographically for something like a con to happen. Maybe we can all meet up for coffee instead?

pandadodod likes this.
  10. goddialga

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh my god! At least it is going to happen in Japan! I guess it's possible there since the market there is so big.

[​IMG]

Freedom Game 7 is a free PC game's secondary creation convention (I guess? with Google translating it). Even if it's not solely for RPG Maker games, but the poster just indicates that might be their main target (The description even suggest about Ib, Angels of Death, Forest of Drizzling Rain etc.). The date is December 23, 2017.

Credit&Details : http://www.youyou.co.jp/only/fg/7/

I'm hyped for this so much! I hope it will be a success and more of this will come!