An RPG Maker eZine: "Advanced RPG Maker"

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Amy Pond, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    Haha, yeah, issue 7 will be here eventually... I am a manic depressive so i go through insane creativity spurts followed by crushing lows and then I find it hard to get going again.

I actually plan on leaving my job soon to work on my game making full time. If and when I do that, I will be making it part of my self-employed job to work on Advanced RPG Maker. If I don't, I'll have to fire myself. It's time I took my game making more seriously I think.

Nirwanda likes this.
  2. JoePie

JoePie of Art/Game Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Maybe make it a 1$ Ezine? I know there's thousands of game maker out there watching this magazine. $1 is not really much for burden. Plus it could help speeding Afar developing (This is important XD) Good suggestion ain't it  :guffaw:

3. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    Well, I said I'd do it, and I did, sort of. I have left my job and taken instead an evening job - much reduced hours and even greater reduced responsibility.

I've done this so that I can work on my game as a proper career, I can fit in five hours of game development in the morning. But as part of this "job" I will also endeavor to publish one eZine per month, and as I said before, if I don't I'm "not doing my job".

Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated, but it will definitely happen. I am just waiting for somebody to fill my position at work so I can drop down. That might be a while as so far not a single person has applied for my old job in two weeks.

But yeah, sorry for the lack of eZines, it shall be rectified, soon.

Marquise*, Zeriab, mlogan and 2 others like this.
  4. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    o_O  Hope you get some job accomplished.  Please don't quit!

5. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    1$ per magazine is not the best way to go, but you should definitely start a Patreon for your magazine! It's a perfect project for a Patreon imo.

6. Nirwanda

Nirwanda Procrastimancer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Such a bold move. Good luck, Amy!

7. Hellpug

Hellpug Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engililish
    This ezine has certainly come a long way! Good work!

I agree, a patreon would definitely help this. Although paying a buck an issue isn't really.....an issue for me. Hurhur.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  8. Crispy-Ghee

Crispy-Ghee The Crispy One Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Excellent resource and some nice reads in these issues! Good job, I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this; thanks for putting the time in. 

9. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    Hello! I realise it has nearly been fully two years since issue 6.

Since progress has stalled on Afar and I don't seem to be able to deliver an MMORPG, I wanted to try and pass my knowledge on to somebody else in the hopes they can continue my work in their own project.

I didn't know the best way to deliver that. I didn't want to make a plugin because I need people to understand what they're doing rather than pick it up like Netplay of old. So what I've done is made an eZine Special, explaining what I did and how I did it.

I'm not sure how useful this will be!

But presenting, Advanced RPG Maker Issue 7.

[​IMG]

PDF: http://afar.ws/ezines/ARPGM/issue7.pdf
    PNG: http://afar.ws/ezines/ARPGM/issue7png.png

For the six back issues see here: http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=320

Or www.aRPGMaker.com

And for the 25 issues of HBGames.org the eZine see here: http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=202

Sauteed_Onion, Marquise* and Canini like this.
  10. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    It is great that rather than letting the project die you decided to share to to someone that may continue. This reminds me a lot of a Garry´s mod/SFM fanzine that was very popular over at Facepunch studios some years ago. I took a look at some of the back issues and they are very well written!

11. hp4000

hp4000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Great magazine! Can you do a magazine/tutorial on basic php read/write text files in rpg maker mv? Thanks!

edit: i would throw a few bucks down for this magazine, so i think you should do a patreon!