BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Curious if you think that it’s laziness or can be done right.

Thinking of having towns progress like visual novels and dungeons become a board game of sorts.

Opinions?

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm somewhat lost. So like, towns are just completely cutscenes and dungeons are grid-based?

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So like Unlimited Saga a lil bit?

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@PixeLockeT Careful with that but yeah. I couldn’t explain it any better. Just curious about how it’d go.

But unlike that one which I actually did like, I won’t be making things cryptic. I’m better with ideas than graphics so I’m kind of curious.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I mean I personally like the idea of that, in general. I don't think it's a very popular one because people like free-roam explore-y things, but that's not why i play RPGs (I play for plot/characters) so I like trying out all sorts of mechanics. I actually tend to hate open world, because often times those games sacrifice content/performance for "but it's open tho seeee lots of treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees and empty land to look at shinyyyy" and it's dumb. lol

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Like this? Yes it is still RPG

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sounds like a text adventure with some board game elements added in to me, so yes it can be still considered a RPG, a bit a direction that strays from the more mainstream audience one.

MetalHunter13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Darklands, a cRPG from the early 90s was like that. You navigated on a world map, and combat was top-down real time with pause (I think) but most of the game consisted of navigating menus to interact with things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:
Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...
French folk trying to pronounce English words. I loved how the man pronounced squirrel as 'square friend'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foghiszdenisz