PKLpikachu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, I'm making my own chipset, and I'm wondering how the autotiles are structured because I tried to make a set of autotiles that look like this:

screenshot_2_by_pklucky-d8rk6yp.png

(Made this with Ace, by the way.)

But they ended up looking like this:

screenshot_1_by_pklucky-d8rk6y7.png

I would appreciate it if someone could create an autotile tutorial similar to this one.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This tutorial is a good place to start. http://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/anatomy-of-an-autotile/

Based on that, I made an image that can be placed in a layer over your tile to use as a reference. http://i.imgur.com/XCkDGi3.png

Feel free to use it.

Also, another thing I sorted out is that if you break the larger part of the tile like so:

a93tpyH.png
It ends up tiling like this:

SRCIHeY.png
So each side of the blue and green parts have to work with each other.

For starters, your tile does not look the right dimension, though without opening it in Gimp, I can't be sure.

PKLpikachu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Although the resources you gave me seemed to be for Ace, they gave me a better understanding of how the autotiles in RPG Maker 2003 work :)

Here's my custom tiles now:

screenshot_1_by_pklucky-d8rkfgr.png

screenshot_2_by_pklucky-d8rkfhf.png

Thank you very much!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh sigh. I am so sorry, I am on such auotpilot for Ace that I didn't notice 2003. I apologize, though I'm glad it seemed to help anyway? lol

Anyway, fun idea for tiles!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macaronnnnnnnn