Ancient Dungeon Base was resized for MV, what about the other packs?

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Posting this here so more people realize it's been resized and I think this will be a common question.

Just noticed that a MV sized version of the Ancient Dungeon Base Pack is now available in the store here, so I'm wondering if all the Ancient Dungeon packs are also going to be redone for MV? @Celianna

If so is there an (rough) estimated time you aim to get the resizes out?

Also is the resizing going to be your focus project tile wise? Or can we expect to see other new packs in the meanwhile?

Thanks for reading

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lol - we all know @Celianna is a machine that just churns out resource packs, and doesn't need to eat, sleep or have any kind of a life :)

I am also very happy to see the first MV Ancient Dungeons pack and am looking forward to the others being resized and new ones as well - however long it takes, and whatever other things you choose to do in the meantime. FSM and Ancient Dungeons are my two all-time favourite resource pack series.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That Tileset does indeed look awesome. I'm assuming there will be more down the line. I think I'll wait for it to be half off.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The resize was not done by me. I will not be working on resizes.

The other two packs might get resized if the MV one does well, it depends.

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Celianna Ah if that's the case then will future Ancient Dungeon packs be 32x32 tile size or 48x48? (If you do plan to make more Ancient Dungeon packs I mean)

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They would be 32x32, as that's the original size I made them in. Though I'm not entirely opposed to working in 48x48 and then reducing the size to 32x32 while cleaning up here and there.

That is, if I can find the time to make new ones :p

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Celianna Lol, if you do make new ones I will definitely buy them, or even just a pack with different cliffs - the base cliff wall and cliff top - because a change of cliff tile definitely goes a long way changing the environment. Had to say it, I like cliff options :p

No pressure though, I know you're working on your game Tailor Tales, so good luck with that :)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
They would be 32x32, as that's the original size I made them in. Though I'm not entirely opposed to working in 48x48 and then reducing the size to 32x32 while cleaning up here and there.

That is, if I can find the time to make new ones :p

We will be waiting patiently for that :)

WhiteW

The Murderous Clown
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN/PT
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was eyeing this pack for a while until someone confirmed the ugly truth on Steam:
https://i.imgur.com/rCrsAXG.png

Ancient Dungeons is an amazing tileset and Celianna is an amazing artist, but Degica is starting to get greedy as hell with these prices on products that are not worth it, I mean it's £1 more expansive than the pack for VX Ace (on Steam at least) and it has less quality because of the dirty resize?! Come on! Stop Bethesdaing your business Degica, stop trying to sell a bad thing for a high price.

Rather buy the pack directly from Celianna to fully support the artist (+ the ability to resize up if ever needed with free software and websites all over the internet) than supporting a company that is starting to do these kinds of things :/

killdude

RPD Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This ancient dungeons base pack is not optimized for mv.İts just a resize and it looks bad and pixellated im sorry.I hope she will remaster it for mv because it looks very good on vx ace.Art is great only need to optimize well for mv.

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is a real pity that such a great original set was carelessly reformatted to MV size. I have everything from @Celianna for VX / ACE as soon as it was released, although I work mostly in MV. I resized it immediately for those purposes myself with the help of an RTP Scaler tool. So however, when I saw how conversion for MV was very poorly rated on Steam, I didn't want to believe it, because my own conversion wasn't so bad and pictures from my game in the Steam community were rated positively. When the MV version was at a discount, I bought it to form an opinion myself. And the result is really bad. I stayed with my original conversions and I won't touch the official ones anymore, maybe if they were really sufficiently adapted for MV. Only one positive thing about this case for me is that Celianna, as one of my favorite creators, has nothing to do with the conversion to MV. The other side of things is that we know this on the forum here and not the outraged customers, which is certainly not good for her. In any case, I wish to Celianna all the best in both her creative and personal life.

patternBlue

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have everything from @Celianna for VX / ACE as soon as it was released, although I work mostly in MV. I resized it immediately for those purposes myself with the help of an RTP Scaler tool.

Would you please share the name of the RTP scaler tool you used?

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@patternBlue This thread (from 2015) is dedicated to the resizing topic here on the forum: Resizing Assets for MV with download link. It is RyanBram's RTP scaler. The discussion also describes for what purpose it is better to use this tool and what Waifu2x is better for. Just try it and make your own opinion.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Observation Log 1 on the planet of "RPGMAKERWEB": Local RMXP community seems to have very few survivors. Their script tech-level is in the early Stone Age(about the same as 66RPG in 2007).
Some cats/wolves/squirrels are spotted, they are likely friendly. :3
Keep working on establishing more meaningful contacts.
May try to use the "I Come in Peace" protocol if encounter any hostiles.
Using hiddenone's QTE tutorial I've been able to setup a simple fishing system. Instead of just the pointer moving, the goal moves as well. Holding the action button scrolls the pointer and pressing the down arrow key hooks the fish. The speed of both is variable as well as the number of successful hooks needed for a catch.
When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.
Yes, I made made my profile picture into a poorly edited fat cat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SukanarEkara