Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and_remember_tomorrow_logo.jpg

Latest Video!

SYNOPSIS/STORY
I'm currently reworking this... For now just enjoy the pretty pictures and don't you dare look behind the curtain. :LZSwink:

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
and_remember_tomorrow_new_ground_mnt_4.jpg
and_remember_tomorrow_new_ground_mnt.jpg
and_remember_tomorrow_new_ground_mnt_2.jpg
swamp_of_nightmares_remade.jpg
swamp_of_nightmares_remade_2.jpg
swamp_of_nightmares_remade_3.jpg

Other YouTube Gameplay Videos

Features
  • No two maps are ever the same in And Remember Tomorrow, everything is randomly generated on the fly, often while you’re still in it.
  • Simulated Endless Maps… Keep running, and running. There’s no end here.
  • No set encounters, enemies will find you.
  • Unique combat, you fight by controlling an area before the mob touches it.
  • Map based everything. You’ll never be transported to a mystical realm of battle, the world’s already happy to shift to whatever it needs. Don’t worry, it’s got you.

Attachments

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Today I started working on re-imagining the game with larger, more detailed graphics. Looks like they're coming along nicely. :LZSexcite:
and_remember_tomorrow_1.jpg
and_remember_tomorrow_5.jpg
and_remember_tomorrow_9.jpg

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just did a bunch of work updating the graphics of the entire game. Definitely a lot more go though, updating all the new hitboxes, reworking the movement system to better handle the larger objects. It's been quite the party. :LZSexcite:

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A meme pic I posted on my Twitter with eyes positioned perfectly on the trees led to me adding them to all of the trees in the swamp. Everybody's watching... or are they? :LZSwink:

the_trees_have_eyes_1.jpg
the_trees_have_eyes_2.jpg
the_trees_have_eyes_3.jpg

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New area! And I've been working on gameplay along the way, though that's still got a ways to go.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated my swamp area, added "Comet Mode", made weird floating masks that chat numbers. o_O (Blame 3am ideas.) Also I recorded this one video on a larger potato than last time, so the quality should be better. :LZSexcite:

deficiencyproductionz

Deficiency Productionz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok. Please let me know if you ever need testers. This is the most unique thing I've seen made with RPG maker, for sure.
Are you taking inspiration from anything in particular, or is this just completely your imagination?

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! I'll almost certainly put up an early test version here at some point in the future. It's still pretty early on though, so it will probably be a bit unless I just focus on producing the first couple areas. Ah the life of a solo dev.

As for inspiration? I mean visually I'm taking a bit of inspiration from stuff like American McGee's Alice / Alice Madness Returns or really any Alice in Wonderland (there are a lot of them). I'm basically aiming for a dark surrealism feel, the kind of stuff you'd expect if a girl/young woman's nightmares came to life and suddenly made up a whole world.

As for the story (which I need to go back and refine). Awhile back I wrote most of a book, but it was from Miranda's perspective. Then I was like, this would be cooler as a game. Except from a gameplay standpoint it's way more interesting from Lumina's perspective. So now I'm rewriting the story with her as the main character... I guess that means I took inspiration from myself in an awkward sort of way. :LZSexcite:

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, now I want to read the book. Self publish on amazon, get on it :guffaw:

Wow, I thought I had already commented in this one, I was mistaken.
I'm loving how it is coming along. Super hyped.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and_remember_tomorrow_house_of_madness.jpg

Was working on a map that has an identity crisis and keeps changing what it is every handful of seconds. Still early on so the assets will likely be changed. But it represents a new technology I dreamed up. Now the game generates around the player themselves. So I can generate lots of pieces of maps dynamically around the player. :LZSexcite:

@SpaceBot See I mostly just wrote the major stuff. So I'd have to go back through and write all the inbetween stuff. Also er... the book actually starts right after where this game ends. Would be one hell of a spoiler. If this turns into a series then I'll end up likely just putting the story in the next game. Don't worry though, this game will have it's own standalone conclusion.

Most of Lumina's stuff is pulled from it though, and expanded upon. She really was never intended to be the main character. Though she does make a fun main character. I enjoy writing for her. So if I do end up just producing a book, she's going to have a much larger role.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and_remember_tomorrow_random_cave_appears.jpg
and_remember_tomorrow_secret_rooms.jpg

I've been hard at work on a better map generator. The new generator supports literally thousands of events, produces 200x200 maps and doesn't need regular map transfers to deal with CPU/Memory issues.

As a consequence, I have done serious work to improve the first area. Larger maps allow me to add more exploration and "wonder" to the game. So expect to see a lot more unique stuff just show up randomly, as you're wandering the map.

Also I'm still working on additional graphics, but I should have an updated video in a few days showcasing the new generator in action.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to play a demo for this, its awesome though, I wonder if you add stamina while you
pick some item up, the more you get, the longer you can run>?

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! Honestly I may put in stamina. Enemies so far have a hard time being a credible threat when the player can just run away most of the time. So reducing the player's ability to just dash off is probably a good call. But also it gives the player something else to collect. Some early test builds had it, but then I switched to focusing on graphics and haven't gone back.

I also have experimented with different types of paths, so walking actually produced a much more damaging path versus the running version. One build had the running path do no damage at all. Another made the walking path slowly heal the player.

I've also got a power up style of collectable that allows the player to simply ram an object to damage it. Essentially turning the player into a giant projectile.

Lots of ideas, I'm at the early stages of combat so any ideas people have about it are quite welcome! :LZSexcite:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cant ell much from a video alone, demo and play it how it works can bring more idea's and
feedback to see if it fits. we can guess what's already in there or what to improve.

I suggest for now, add the idea's you have now, untill the demo is out, and see if you can improve
the idea's and feedback with your own, that fits nicely when possible :)

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and_remember_tomorrow_thread_logo.jpg

I decided to rework Lumina, along with play around with a new logo.

Ascare

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks truly amazing and unique. It feels like being high and seeing all kinds of shapes and colors, a drug frenzy.
The PVG sets have been abused...in a good way.
I've watched a couple of videos, they're very hypnotizing and they won't let your eyes rest even for a moment. I wonder if I could still stand straight after playing this for a few hours (a true concern).
Am I getting it right that you have rewritten the entire mapping stuff in javascript? If so, do you plan to release it as a seperate plugin? I mean you have thousands of events on giant parallax map and no lag? I am interested...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21