ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! The running joke on the forum is if the person playing it doesn't think, "We can't stop here, this is bat country!" Then I didn't do my job. :LZSwink:

There's actually an area I was working on nicknamed "The House of Madness"... Which was probably the most spectacular map to watch in action... But almost certainly needs a warning label. The basic premise was two maps trying to form on top of each other, and it just swapped back and forth.
and_remember_tomorrow_house_of_madness.jpg

....it was actually kind of sickening to watch because it was too fast. I'll probably scrap it but who knows. But I definitely get the concern that a player might not be able to handle too much of the game. I've actually toned it down a lot in the most recent video. That's also when I got my latest generator working.

Speaking of my generator. You are correct. I may eventually release it as a plugin... But at the moment it's reliant on multiple plugins, and isn't really "portable". It's pretty much being develop alongside this game, and two other major RM altering plugins. A text plugin that lets you create fonts within it using any option you'd find at https://pixijs.io/pixi-text-style/ then places any number of texts on the player, events on the map, the screen, in the parallax, at map level, or above it. Texts can rotate, and eventually move (still adding that). The other is a sprite plugin that does a lot of the same, eventually it will do animations... And I might give it hit detection, I need to look into if that's possible.

But yeah a major project, I just add to those as I need them to accomplish stuff for the game. So I have no real time table on their release.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just clips of a stress test for early combat and the new particle system. Or as @Riazey put it, "More Sporkles" :LZSwink:

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! Very fluent character movements! How did you do it? What plugins did you use if any to accomplish that? Please do tell

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I almost missed this post in the sea of MZ posts. :kaoback:

So the character/enemy movement is a combination of QMovement (animates the characters), my own movement plugin (the brain that tracks stuff), QSpeed (allows for fractional speed and acceleration) and Galv's Moveroute Extras (seriously it's there because it makes jump to X,Y via variables possible without me having to do it.

The character graphics are handled by QSprite (it handles the character animations) and CharacterGraphicExtend https://triacontane.blogspot.com/2016/01/rpgmv-9-github-download-mit18.html which lets me use single images in place of character sheets.

And the particles are handled by a combination of Mog's Character Particles and ParticleEmitter https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/.97729/

Here's my current plugin list...
current_plugin_list.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: J-G

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The secret is to sequester yourself inside and hiss menacingly at anybody who tries to drag you outside. :LZSwink:

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is is still possible to achieve those fluent movements without your plugin? Since I'm sure that one is probably personal.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's definitely possible. My plugin (it's the iVillain Tools plugin on the list) is only acting as the eyes/brain of what's happening. It controls event/event interactions, event/player interactions, collision, reports info on grid spaces, and redirects the enemies to find the player even if the map is scrolling. But at no point does it actually move anything. It just makes everything not move like it's stupid. :LZSwink:

I'm not even opposed to releasing the plugin to be honest.... I just tinker with it constantly, half the functions it has are experiments I haven't finished, and it wasn't written with ease of use in mind at all. So it's kind of a mess... I could clean it up I suppose.

Honestly I'd probably break it up into event interaction and movement plugins. The event interaction works perfectly... But I'm currently writing the movement stuff since I'm building the combat of my game. So it's functional as you saw in the video but not at all finished. :kaoback:

Last edited:

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow if you do decide to release it, it will be an incredibly helpful plugin to everyone.
I've tried to write simple plugins but js just doesn't seem to stick I'm my head very well lol.
So it's very impressive you can manage to have that working with all your plugins in use so well.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha, well you see I have this strategy with Javascript... I break stuff until it works. :LZSwink:

But yeah I guess I could look into making that plugin available. The plan was always to make my plugins available at some point. Yes even the Randomizer ( @V_Aero :LZSwink: ), but I'm still kind of building them... They're all designed to be extremely powerful, but not really designed for people afraid of a minor amounts of JS. Also stuff like the Randomizer is currently dependent on my Message (playfully nicknamed Skynet) plugin's all powerful ability to inject other plugin's functions into MV's update cycle. If you called the Randomizer every second like it wants from an event your game will pop in short order. :kaoback:
area_2_gen_commands.jpg

For those curious, that's the commands to create the area you see in the video. So as you can see... You'd still need some JS knowledge though not much. But if you do it right, the player will never realize the Randomizer is actually a Render as well and is only rendering what the player can see and removing what they can't. :LZSwink:

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah! I definitely can't wait for them to be available. Minor Js isn't too much of an issue. It's making plugins that gives me headaches haha, they stress me out.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I've found a way to squeeze a lighting plugin back in without making it all go pop. :LZSexcite:
and_remember_tomorrow_revenge_of_the_lighting.jpg
and_remember_tomorrow_revenge_of_the_lighting_2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well dang! That's just looking better n better

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THE SPOOOOORKLEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAS :kaopride:

Legit tho, those spiders n the movement look crisp af! Hype hype!

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spooders and Sporkles: A Hype Story :LZSwink:

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those curious, that's the commands to create the area you see in the video. So as you can see... You'd still need some JS knowledge though not much. But if you do it right, the player will never realize the Randomizer is actually a Render as well and is only rendering what the player can see and removing what they can't. :LZSwink:
I understood it this way. When I walk in some direction, and then walk back, the area will be randomized again. Or is there function to simulate persistence?

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, it stores the information in arrays. So when the player gets within range of something the "The Bubble" looks to see if something is there. If it is, then it puts it there just outside of the player's view. And if they get too far away it removes it... I have it set to add at 26-28 squares, and remove at 30-35 due to how fast my character is moving.

The first set of commands, the "blowBubble" commands are making the arrays that act a blueprint. The others are just my message plugin stuffing the "The Bubble" commands into MV's update cycle so they don't have to be called again. As I alluded to earlier, the process is VERY CPU intensive. But it has the upside of meaning essentially I can have any size map because there will always be a predetermined range of things in existence at any one time. So as long as I make certain what's visible is possible for MV to deal with CPU wise, then there is no problem. (The video of the 6,000 events plus was done on a 200x200 map. )

So it basically frees up resources to make my game look waaaay more animated because honestly what you're seeing is all that exists. Every map is quite literally blank. Though the system doesn't care which map you're on so if you don't turn it off it will happily build the map onto other maps too. Made that mistake a few times. Even make a map with an identity crisis that alternated spawning half one map and half of another. :LZSwink:

Also I have a command that runs to subtract something from The Bubble arrays if it's destroyed or used up, like a Mirror or treasure chest. So it gets wiped away and doesn't return when the player comes back. Some of the mirrors you see are part of that array, though others aren't because there is a second randomizer at work here as well.

The other randomizer is watching the player, and deciding based on a count and some other conditions if it should spawn something. These are completely randomly and not part of any array so if they are dead they won't return. We'll call this randomizer the "Narrator" because it's job is to spawn in story, mobs, special events, etc based on wherever the player is.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Due to vast updates to my bubble randomizer, I have improved the graphics further. No longer do things appear as blocky as before, and they also randomize into far more shapes. All with vastly improved performance! :LZSexcite:
and_remember_tomorrow_new_ground_mnt_4.jpg
and_remember_tomorrow_new_ground_mnt_2.jpg
and_remember_tomorrow_new_ground_mnt.jpg
swamp_of_nightmares_remade_2.jpg
swamp_of_nightmares_remade_3.jpg
swamp_of_nightmares_remade.jpg

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been working on an area I have quaintly dubbed "The Skies of Denial"... This area has the distinction of being the first of my areas to be entirely created from scratch by particles. The darkness also blocks the player. I'll be adding in more boundaries and making the player interact with the environment more as I go along. Also now all maps run at 60FPS with Terrax Lighting enabled. :LZSexcite:
skies_of_denial_6.jpg
skies_of_denial_4.jpg
skies_of_denial_2.jpg
skies_of_denial_5.jpg

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV

So I added lighting, improved the pixel movement, created some new types of areas, created a narrator to spawn stuff around the player, and setup a system to link it all together making the world infinite... Of course normally the areas wouldn't be linked together like this. But it's kind of just for fun and showcasing new stuff.. :LZSexcite:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*sigh* I'm so sick of this heat! :kaosigh::kaoeh:

Between Rona and MZ, might as well buckle down and get serious in dev
I did it. I finish the test after 2 days 6 different subjects. Now I'm freeeeeeee
Got a nice little platform coming along backwards compatible with MV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ju9SW