...And Then You Find Another Side View Battle Request

Pugh95Bear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey! Yeah, I am in search of a Side View Battle System. I tried Victor's and Tankentai's out. Victor's, however, did not seem to be very compatible with a lot of other scripts (I did not test this, but I read it a few times), and Tankentai is, well, Tankentai. As in, it's a pain in the butt because it's all in Japanese. I know that there is an English translation floating somewhere, 

I will just list the details of what I'm wanting in my game...

1. 3 party members on RIGHT side of screen (that comfort zone, y'know?).

2. ANIMATED Enemy Battlers/Sprites on the left (I am TRYING to stay away from Holder's things as much as possible. Not much a fan of the style... yet.)

3. Change the HUD (including HP/MP/TP Bars) style, and add/remove options from the list depending on the active character.

- I having three different classes, and one of them is completely incapable of dealing standard attacks. He deals damage through counterattacks mostly, so I do not want the option to appear in his menu.

4. Enemy life bar at the top of the screen.

5. Status ailments appear on the affected characters with the ailment icons above the character's heads.

6. Displays Animations.

7. ATB Style that can be switched I/O to revert back to basic turn based battle.

8. Any normal requests for a sideview battler I may have missed.

9. Window size can be edited in case of fighting smaller enemies (like basic slime sprites) or much larger enemies (like the Demon God sized enemies)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just tips to changing the default setting in the editor.

Keep in mind that I have VERY little knowledge of Ruby. All I have any experience with is QBasic, which isn't even supported in the system lol. Please be patient with me?.. :3

Thanks!

Grayborders

Maniac, Lunatic, Crazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Victors is nowhere as complicated as it look at first sight!

he have nice examples inside his script and his manual answers ALL questions!

it took me about a day to adjust to it, but after it you`ll be writing actions like its nobodies business.

I think it will be really hard for you to convince anyone to just make an animated battle system, they are hard to do, and unless you cough up money I don't think anyone will do it. Even if you pay money it will cost a LOT.

I seriously suggest you just try using Victors and spend a bit of time on the manual, just look at the pre made actions and use the manual to understand the logic behind actions.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
OP : there're other SBS and GUI around the internet other than Victor and Tankentai.

I compiled most of them on my blog, feel free to browse it : http://rpgmakerdata.wordpress.com/category/scripts/moteurs-de-combats/

Don't worry about the french language, most of the scripts are in English.

grayborders : OP didn't say it was complicated but not really compatible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Symphonia from Yami is totally compatible with Yanfly scripts.

You will probably won't find anything with more options that either my battle system (that is compatible with my own scripts) or Yami (that is compatible with all YEA scripts).

Unless you have a script that is vital for your game that is not compatible with both, you should stick with one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pugh95Bear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@grayborders. I was really more worried about compatibility than complexity. Also, I was really hoping more that someone had already made a SBS that would work with what I was asking, which leads me too...

@Chaos. Thanks for that list! I'll definitely look through that and let you know if I find one that I like.

@Victor Sant. Surprisingly, I've not looked too much into Yanfly's. *At the moment* it seems that most of my other scripts will be from the Hirion Engine for the menues and such, though I will be trying some others. I do want to thank you for the awesome script, however. It was the first SBS I had ever tested. Who knows. I may end up back with it one day lol. Since I'm still testing the different scripts to find the best one, and now that I have more knowledge on them, I'll be sure to at least try it out again.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I didn't took any ATB scripts because most of them bugs SBS even if it's just with a an addon like Yanfly change formation during battle.

Lot of addons for SBS aren't programmed with ATB so I don't recommand you using one.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Yami's Symphony + YEA + Yami's Classical ATB seems to work nice

Pugh95Bear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Chaos. Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

@adiktuzmiko. I have heard a lot about that configuration. Thanks for the idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1st of March 2014 I joined and it has been a great experience for 6 whole years. The only thing I can say is a huge thank you to ALL members of this forum.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!
Now irinea just blocked me in discord
Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerKruste