Android and DragonBones

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Deployment' started by Kenvarus, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Kenvarus

Kenvarus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey so pretty new to everything and I figured id mess with testing my project on my phone (it works perfectly on PC) and i wanted to see how it winds up working on android.

so I followed this guide

and when i ran the APK on my phone I get the message "Error Uncaught ReferenceError: dragonbones is not defined" now i feal like if the addon was incompatable with android completely it would have been noted on the website so im guessing i did something wrong but i dont know

is there some general problems with addons and android i should be aware of or is this an i did something wrong issue?
    i will admit to a total lack of knowledge as to what i am doing both with RPG maker MV and with Android SDK but I have plenty of general troubleshooting experience so any ideas or suggestions i should be able to follow without issue or the need for small words :p

mods im currently using in current order
    YEP_CoreEngine
    KeyboardConfig
    YEP_BattleEngineCore
    YEP_X_ActSeqPack1
    YEP_X_ActSeqPack2
    YEP_X_ActSeqPack2
    YEP_RegionBattlebacks
    YEP_MoveRouteCore
    YEP_SkillCore
    YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies
    KELYEP_DragonBones
    SRD_PictureChoices

apologize in advanced if posting in wrong thread, just as new to this forum as I am to RPG Maker MV

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The plugin order looks wrong, please check yanflys Website for his plugin order.
    Please post a Screenshot of your plugin manager after correcting the order, because writing down the names is not enough information.
    Please open your projects rpg_core.js file with a Text editor and tell us the version number in its title line.

3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

4. Kenvarus

Kenvarus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    rpg_core.js v1.5.2

i adjusted my order per the website

also i notices that two of the dragonbones js files are kept in a libs/dragonbones folder
    is it possible that that would cause problems when converted to android?

oh and thank you Kes, ill try to place it correctly next time

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  5. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dragonbones includes an extra library, like you saw, so it also has to be referenced in the index.html file in order to load that library for test playing. Doing it for Android would be slightly different, so I don't know for sure what exactly is happening, but error message means the library isn't getting loaded somehow.

The tutorial you referenced might not include how to include extra libraries, so you may have to examine the files and try to figure out how to include it. As an example, you could try to figure out how the PIXI library gets loaded and do the same thing for Dragonbones.

6. Kenvarus

Kenvarus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thats what i was thinking... unfortunately it is also... well above my pay grade,
    i mean i think thats the only thing wrong, because the game itself does load ( as in the error is not an android error but a game error like you see when testing the game on pc,
    yellow error, white description on black... so it should just be a matter of making it so it can find the dragonbones folder... does anyone know how to do this? because my experience with this stuff is extremely limited. only game design or script/code editing ive ever done was on Roblox as a kid and some Skyrim/Oblivion modding which doesn't really count :p

Edit: well... i edited a couple things in the files and rebuilt the app... and now it doesnt run at all so... ima have to reconvert :( but any rate definitly need someone who knows what they are doing a bit better...

Edit 2: but yeah thats the error (rebuilt the app completely after i messed the files up, still got same error)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2018
  7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    have you started a new game after reordering the plugins, or did you try to load a saved game?
    You cannot use a saved game, you're required to start a new game after anything but small plugin changes.

8. Kenvarus

Kenvarus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the error is immediately upon loading the app, it shows the little credit in the bottom right for the MV loader sdk im using, then it goes to that screen, it does not even reach the home menu

and as per usual everything works perfectly on pc even after changing app order, just the android version that does this

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    then this probably needs specific knowledge from someone who knows both the dragonbone plugin and android deployment (which means I'm out), and this topic should be moved to MV deployment @Kes

10. Kenvarus

Kenvarus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's about what I figured, thank you anyway for your time.

Edit: I don't know what I'm doing, ill admit that :p honestly I'm not all that far into development anyway i just don't want to have this be a problem when i get closer, once i have enough done for a proper release I don't really want to be like yay its done! and then suddenly go oh crud... gotta rebuild all my bosses :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2018
  11. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

12. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @Kenvarus Please don't double post (=posting right after yourself) in the future, as it's against our rules. If you want to add something just edit your last post. I've merged the posts for you this time.

13. Kenvarus

Kenvarus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sry bout that

14. Kenvarus

Kenvarus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, I read over the forum rules... after 72 hours (so like now) I can bump this right?

edit: I've been fighting with it on and off... haven't figured out any way to get around it outside of removing dragonbones completely... which would be unfortunate if it became my only option...

15. Aloe Guvner

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Only thing I can think of is to make sure the dragonbones plugin and reference is included in your game files in Android Studio. Can you verify that it's in both the "libs" and the "index.html" in Android Studio? (check the screenshot for where it should be)

Attached Files:

16. Kenvarus

Kenvarus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah it looks like it is referenced correctly although i am noticing a couple things have green underlines... not sure what that means

edit: So i dont know anything really about android, that said, is it posible the problem is to do with the assets for dragonsbones being under the "dragonbones" folder?

edit2:Tried changing it so that dragonsbones plugins were directly under libs, error still the same, unchanged, screenshots included

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  17. Aloe Guvner

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your file name is "dragonBones.js" yet in the HTML you wrote "DragonBones.js".

Those aren't the same.

18. Kenvarus

Kenvarus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    good eye man! one sec lemme see if that does it

Edit: WOW I feel extremely stupid. Thank you man, I can't believe i missed that, i was looking to that's the sad part... any rate thanks, My problem is officially solved.

side-note, default android controls for this sort of... suck dont they? tapping with two fingers to open the menu instead of say... pressing the back button, and no joystick option.... I'm gonna have to figure out how to modify that. :p

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Aloe Guvner likes this.
  19. Aloe Guvner

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Off-topic but I'll just leave this here anyway since you asked:
    Feel free to check out a plugin I wrote "Mobile Game User Interface" which allows you to put virtual buttons on the screen - link in my signature.