Android Black Screen (4.4.4) API 19

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Deployment' started by achille911, Aug 31, 2017.

1. achille911

achille911 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi again all,
    I have found another big problem while testing the android apk on various devices.
    On my Galaxy S6 it works fine (android 7.0.0) but the tilesets, and ONLY the tilesets SUFFER A HUGE QUALITY REDUCTION, with some graphical error and i can't figure out why.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On a Galaxy Grand NEO (Android 4.4.4) the initial image "Made with Rpg Maker MV" is shown but after this, i can see the title screen for less then 1 second to 2 seconds and then the screen turn black.
    If i try to use the app manager to reduce it and re-open it again, the same thing, i can see everything for 1 sec then black screen.
    Keep in mind that the game STILL WORKING since i can hear all the sounds and it react to the touch.

What this could be? I'm trying to make this work for about 2 days, it's driving me crazy.
    Thanks all.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  2. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's the fact that each android device reacts to apps differently.
    Something is caused by plugins you're using, which means you need to experiment, something is caused by pure compatibility with the device and nothing can be done with it. Troubleshooting for android is ridiculously difficult, which is why not too many people develop games for it.
    Btw. I can't see the first picture.

3. achille911

First Language:
    English
    That problem is not caused by any plugin, already tested, also tested with different build.
    Why the hell there is not a way to compile from the source file of RPGMMV? Only 2-3 years old tutorials.
    Also i cant understand why this kind of problems, there is no reason to have the tilesets graphic all fked up.

4. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The problems are due to the Samsung galaxy's graphical renderer then, looks like. As I said, there are many devices with unique things, unique builds and even unique kernel. And as far as I know, Samaung galaxy has huge problems with rmmv even by default.
    And it looks like the reason for this is that Samsung galaxy S6 doesn't render OpenGL properly. Something that cannot be changed though, because RMMV operates only on OpenGL/WebGL (however WebGL is just faster OpenGL... And Samsung galaxy S6 doesn't support WebGL anyway).

5. achille911

First Language:
    English
    Not true, i've tried another build with the old method and it works well with the graphics. So it's not a problem behind the phone, but it is really a problem in building the apk.
    Well i guess this is a pain to resolve, of course this kind of post it's aimed to those who had that problem too and maybe have a solutions.
    Maybe there is no solution since today, the thing it's that is really frustrating to have a tool like Rpg Maker MV that support android and ios but actually it does not have any decent method to build apks, in fact, the multiplatform support is really really poor.

Eliaquim and bvlgari like this.