Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question here, does anyone know where save files are stored on Android devices?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi!
They are in the same location as a browser, through localStorage:
Because the game application is basically the mini-browser.

Test through a browser, such as Chrome or Firefox:

Last edited:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, thanks for the reply!

Hmm, I'm afraid this is going a bit over my head. When you deploy a game as a standalone android app, does it still use a browser to run?

I know most apps use the Android/Data file path to create a folder for their files, which I have seen suggested as to where the save files are stored, but it doesn't seem to be creating them there. Would having the app in Canvas vs WebGL have any effect on this?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I downloaded a game that the system saved the data in a public or private folder without using localStorage, but the creator did it directly in the Rpg Maker files instead of using Plugins to modify it.

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm afraid I'm still pretty lost about this. Are you saying that save files aren't stored in a way we can access them in any way, even using a file explorer app?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a slightly experimental horror game. It will be finished in approximately 88888888888 years.
Y'all will enjoy it though, I put lots of effort into making it stand out.

It's called Red Light and it's inspired by another obscure RPG Maker horror game, but I don't want to give too much away just yet.
Ohh man, Weapon animations plugin feels so mandatory. Seeing that same image regardless of the icon of the weapon....ugh :p
Ok so......Maaaaybe I've taken a ''little'' bit of inspiration from FF9 when it comes to battle hud xD

ff9.PNG

Just maybe....
New version of my wife's art for Tundra's opening map. No new version of Katrina yet, but I think this looks awesome.1624062754755.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raytoly