Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question here, does anyone know where save files are stored on Android devices?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi!
They are in the same location as a browser, through localStorage:
Because the game application is basically the mini-browser.

Test through a browser, such as Chrome or Firefox:

Last edited:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, thanks for the reply!

Hmm, I'm afraid this is going a bit over my head. When you deploy a game as a standalone android app, does it still use a browser to run?

I know most apps use the Android/Data file path to create a folder for their files, which I have seen suggested as to where the save files are stored, but it doesn't seem to be creating them there. Would having the app in Canvas vs WebGL have any effect on this?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I downloaded a game that the system saved the data in a public or private folder without using localStorage, but the creator did it directly in the Rpg Maker files instead of using Plugins to modify it.

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm afraid I'm still pretty lost about this. Are you saying that save files aren't stored in a way we can access them in any way, even using a file explorer app?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Draw something
Me: No problemo! ''draws something''
Now draw the same thing from a different angle
Me: So....You have discovered my weakness...
I got a new PC... Nothing wrong with my lil laptop at all! Still works great, and I'll be using it for school. But, the specs for gaming were falling off fast. So I was selfish and bought myself a beast of a PC ^-^
Newstuff.PNG

Held hostage in my own house half the day by an old man that cant take hints or read body language, STILL manage to make some pixels! booyah! I should get a promotion!....No wait...I should get a job o_O
Potions are to be hoarded, not used... >_>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azistara