Vis_Mage

Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question here, does anyone know where save files are stored on Android devices?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi!
They are in the same location as a browser, through localStorage:
Because the game application is basically the mini-browser.

Test through a browser, such as Chrome or Firefox:

Last edited:

Vis_Mage

Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, thanks for the reply!

Hmm, I'm afraid this is going a bit over my head. When you deploy a game as a standalone android app, does it still use a browser to run?

I know most apps use the Android/Data file path to create a folder for their files, which I have seen suggested as to where the save files are stored, but it doesn't seem to be creating them there. Would having the app in Canvas vs WebGL have any effect on this?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I downloaded a game that the system saved the data in a public or private folder without using localStorage, but the creator did it directly in the Rpg Maker files instead of using Plugins to modify it.

Vis_Mage

Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm afraid I'm still pretty lost about this. Are you saying that save files aren't stored in a way we can access them in any way, even using a file explorer app?

Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
I'm afraid I'm still pretty lost about this. Are you saying that save files aren't stored in a way we can access them in any way, even using a file explorer app?
This is exactly what he said.

after reading everybody‘s post it looks like the only thing you can do is write a plug-in. I think I have a project to do, since I wanted to learn how to write a plug-in.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
What do you guys think about Survival mechanics in games (Hunger, thirst, etc.)?
Do you find them to be an enjoyable obstacle or a bit of a nuisance?

Asking for a friend... :stickytongue:
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentWoden