Azgraal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Greetings.

I've been working on my first somewhat serious project on RMMV and after toying around a bit with the game on my phone I realised it could be really useful if I could use the physical back key of my phone for any function ingame.

Currently I have it so it doesn't force exit the game, but that's as far as my faint JS knowledge allowed me.

Is there any way to bind the android back key to the 'escape' object from the Input function on rpg_core.js?

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultimatony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Not all android phones have a physical back button on the phone, on mine its part of the screen. It hides itself whenever I do something full screen. It would make it harder to play your game on phones like that, unless you can make it stay up.

Azgraal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that, as all the android phones I have available have the physical key. I guess deactivating the key or adding a confirmation query will have to do then...

Thanks for the headsup!

Warped_Tales

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Azgraal: How did you accomplish getting the back key not to force quit? I've been struggling with this for hours. 

Thanks in advance!

Nevermind - I got there in the end :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Zaj
Hey morning all! I got another quick question..I just switched to RMMZ from VX Ace..so I am wondering why default scripts(is that how u call it) of VXAce is available, but not in MZ's case? How do I figure out ahh I mean could you show me
Sometimes im the biggest fool alive... Ah well, ce la vie
The worst feeling in the world is going for a walk on a nice summer day, seeing an ice cream truck, and realizing you don't have any money with you :(
Mike running through an area that's influenced by his thoughts, thus his drawings are infused into the land.
We're playing Omori by OMOCAT starting at 2pm est :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emilycastilloknowles