Animal Crossing: The Paradise (Cancelled)

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
ANIMAL CROSSING: THE PARADISE
(Final Name)​
This is NON-COMMERCIAL ONLY!
 ​
Due to multiple projects in demand and real-life scenarios, this game has been on the slow-side. However, it is not abandoned! I have returned to working on it and will try to keep it updated. If you would like to help or join the project, please feel free to PM me, Broyi or Pelvichan or just leave a comment below!​
Thank you for all your support!​
 ​
Description:

I have seen what RPG Maker can do and I love breaking past the usual barrier of its normal design and to create something beyond its expected genre! I have read a lot of other posts from many other websites regarding how people have always wanted this to happen, an Animal Crossing for RPG Maker. Yet, only one made it for XP -- now its time for VX ACE

​
We are hoping that this project will ultimately test the true potential and abilities of the artists and designers within this community! I don't have much to offer in exchange except a GREAT game and perhaps my help with your project in exchange.
The download is the actual raw folder containing an editible file. All content in this folder must not be used else where without permission of me, Pelvichan and Broyi. HOWEVER, these graphics are intended for exclusive use and permission may or may not be granted. :p

-- Tileset by Kevin O'Ryan

-- Sprites by Pelvichan

If you would like to tinker with the file and share it with us, please feel free to do so. However, please only share within this forum.

Download: (UPDATED: 1/10/2015)

1. DOWNLOAD (Raw File) - 2015, Rebuild (NEW VERSION) - Major Edits, New Mapping, New Graphics. NOTE: This is only a preview! It is intended to show off the new maps, graphics and some features.
  2. DOWNLOAD (Raw File - Version 5.1 - Major Edits: Map edits, Graphic Updates, New Menu Interface, Region Step Sound Effects, Item Window Popups, Busts (Some), Nameboxes.
Project Leaders: (UPDATED: 1/5/2015)

Credits: (UPDATED: 1/9/2015)

• Broyi
  • Pelvichan
  • Titanhex
  • Rcj8993
  • Yanfly
  • Zetu
  • Napoleon
  • Soulpour777
  • Galv
  • Acezon
  • Victor Sant
  • Zerbu
  • V.M of D.T
  • Bravo2Kilo
  • Aarticus
What does this game need? -- (UPDATED: 1/5/2015) 

• Villagers go in or out of their homes
  • Change music to Time (Ex. Song changes at Day/Night)???
  • Close Stores at particular times (Ex. Tom Nooks closing at 8-9 PM)
  • Wallpaper, Floors and Roof Colors
  • Better Day/Night that reads PC time -- With lights...
  • Menu interface just like Animal Crossing
  • Map.
I will Remove items on the list that are verified as IMPOSSIBLE or are completed!  :)

​
Features in-game so far: -- (UPDATED: 10/1/2014)

• Name Character & Town
  • One movable chair in each home (LOL)
  • Return to Main Menu by Writing to Log
  • Have your own Gyroid that you can: Save and Hold Item. You can also change options such as: Show or Hide Clock and Turn Gibberish on or off
  • Bells currency hud
  • Time and Date in top-left corner that syncs to PC time
  • Day and night occurs to your PC time
  • Planting flowers
  • Chopping Down *small* trees
  • Shake trees (Only Cherries fall out right now...)
  • Dig holes && Holes are also randomized!
  • Write & view notes on bulletin board in front of homes
  • Randomize Mailing System
  • Travel to City (with Tickets)
  • Travel with Kapp'n to Animal Island
  • AC-like Menu Screen
  • Updated Icons/Objects in AC Style
  • Customized Music
  • Updated Sound Effects
Screenshots: (UPDATED: 1/5/2015)

Did not notice the Shadow issues there.... eek..

My Skills (Applicable to RPG MAKER):

• Compose music (Midi, MP3 and OGG) - Showcase: Link
  • Work with Events Intelligently - Showcase: Link
  • Write Story-lines - Showcase: Link
  • Create awesome cut-scenes - Showcase: Link
  • Animate Sprites to work with RPGVXACE - Just look in this Archive, I did this for K.K. SliderGyroids and other sprites.
  • I can also build websites - Showcase: Link 
  • I can Test and Grammar check your game
  • I can Translate your game into Chinese or Irish Gaelic
If you want to see more of my Skills, check out my portfolio - Link

Last edited by a moderator:

Rcj8993

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
so how complete would you say this project is?

and if I was more skilled with VX ace id love to help

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would say its at the beginning, but pretty good for how far it is. The game is currently at "Working for Tom Nook" part where you have to work off the remaining 18,800 Bells. Right now it ends at when you plant the flowers outside his store.

You showing support is the best kind of help we can get, this is my brothers first time and he has been practicing with RPG MAKER XP and is now learning VX ACE. He is doing pretty good, I am helping him because I'm more experience in VX Ace.

I even used the Move Furniture tutorial from the guy who made the XP Version of Animal Crossing and converted it to VX Ace. I can post that if you guys want.

Rcj8993

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would say its at the beginning, but pretty good for how far it is. The game is currently at "Working for Tom Nook" part where you have to work off the remaining 18,800 Bells. Right now it ends at when you plant the flowers outside his store.

You showing support is the best kind of help we can get, this is my brothers first time and he has been practicing with RPG MAKER XP and is now learning VX ACE. He is doing pretty good, I am helping him because I'm more experience in VX Ace.

I even used the Move Furniture tutorial from the guy who made the XP Version of Animal Crossing and converted it to VX Ace. I can post that if you guys want.
I can do mapping tho, I could make several town types, and someone could script a code so that its randomly chosen when you start the game
this would be just like the actual game on N64/GameCube/Wii/DS/3DS. is this archive usable to create maps from using its resources?

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Going to try this out! It sounds like fun. I used to spend hours of my time on this game, I am a completionist... so I go until I feel satisfied.

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can do mapping tho, I could make several town types, and someone could script a code so that its randomly chosen when you start the game

this would be just like the actual game on N64/GameCube/Wii/DS/3DS. is this archive usable to create maps from using its resources?
Yes, you can open the project file in your RPG Maker. The file is EDITABLE! And edits are welcomed! Make you sure you share your progress and give download links to the archive that you edited. You can either PM me or post it as a comment! :)

Rcj8993

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think the train is a bit boring so im going to do something with the scene where you are on the train.

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sweet! That sounds cool! I just basically made the train work mechanically, but I didn't do to much to it!

Make sure to use the most updated one in the Download section of this topic. 

Rcj8993

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
eh? I just finished I didn't know.
how do I just extract the scene?
also where is the script location for the stuff relating to the train scene?
I made a parallax that is bigger than what you see on the screen.

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, it's fine.. the updated version were minor anyways, I can simply add them into yours! :)

I didn't use a script for the Train Scene, it's all events. 

"Are you referring to the Train Arriving at the Station or when you talk to ROVER?"

Rcj8993

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
the part where you are on the train

as you can see, I applied the parallax and its shown in editor, theres a lot there, but when testing, it looks like the screens focus is only on a small portion

by the way this took a bit of time as I had to screen cap it all and manually edit each capture so the pixels lined up

its like 21 blocks wide by 126 blocks long, so its not too repetative

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, RPG MAKER VX ACE does that on its own. I don't know how to change screen sizes and stuff... However, this is probably a worthy question to ask someone. Because I love what you got there! That's incredible! -- I'm not so advanced with the graphic elements of RPG Maker, I only know how to do simple edits and Pictures for it... but nothing like skilled spriting or Parallaxing!

Rcj8993

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, RPG MAKER VX ACE does that on its own. I don't know how to change screen sizes and stuff... However, this is probably a worthy question to ask someone. Because I love what you got there! That's incredible! -- I'm not so advanced with the graphic elements of RPG Maker, I only know how to do simple edits and Pictures for it... but nothing like skilled spriting or Parallaxing!
well all I did was just create the area as a map, and then cut and pasted, it takes a lot of patience.
im not exactly sure what im supposed to give you, but heres what I had done and a lot of what was from the last version, since you are the

one with more experience with this, and the one with the master copy, ill give this to you, pick apart what you need to patch it in,

and enjoy

https://www.mediafire.com/?mbuht38ujmdmw83

Rcj8993

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
if you make a scene for the boat, to travel to the island and back, I can try and make a parallax for that too

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wowo!! Thanks! Kyle, my brother, said thank you!! He's loving it -- he was speechless at first! lol Yea, we were thinking about a boat scene! You can do that, if you would like! That would be pretty cool! :)

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
WOWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its looks soo cool!! I made it loop vertically and made it move and everything! Its looks so real! That's amazing!! lol

Rcj8993

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
if you can, can you update the link for me?

Rcj8993

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
its looping at a -3 for vertical right? that's what I had it set to

also the mr resetti thing is possible if the game autosaves some partial data to tack onto the games last save file, but someone would have to code that.

and the code would be removed if someone saved properly and quit.

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alright, the file is UPDATED!!! :)

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have no idea how to script, however that is good news!! I really want this game to work! :)  

And yes, ironically, I did set it to -3 Vertical! lol It looks so cool! haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I try to check out 2-3 projects from the Games In Development forum every fortnight. I usually don't spend more then 30 minutes to an hour on each project, but I do try to leave a comment to share my thoughts on each one I check out. I usually just pick whatever catches my eye, but if you're reading this and would like a little feedback on your project in development let me know and I'll see if I can check it out :)
I drew Resident Evil 2 style lock for my horror game. (Pixels intended)
I wake up to see I now have 73 subscribers on YouTube, that means I've gained 67 subs in the last two days. :LZSexcite:
With all this practice, I'll be hitting competitive in social distancing soon.
Ugh! I have a headache coming on--not sure if it's from the sudden change in weather or caffeine withdraw...only one way to fi d out--Coffee time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unowa23