AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does anyone know if there's a plugin for MV that animates the parallax background (the one that displays under the tile-set)?
I see years ago Soulpour had uploaded a plugin that did this, but I think he's inactive now and the link to it is dead.
Since I haven't been able to find it, I'd like to make this request:

I'd like a plugin that would animate the default parallax background (the one you can set in the map properties in the editor) for certain animated backgrounds that I don't want moving with the player (as in it's scroll-locked), while being UNDER everything else (including the tile layer.) In case there's any confusion, see the attached image.

I've already got Orange's Overlay plugin as well as Tsukitsune's animated add-on for it. But it only let's you put in its own 'ground' layer, with additional fogs being the only other thing you can set a z value for. But you can't get them to scroll lock.

It could use a similar map note-tag for settings. Something like this:
Code:
<animate_defaultparallax: (# of frames), (frame speed)>

Attachments

Last edited:

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know if there's a plugin for MV that animates the parallax background (the one that displays under the tile-set)?
I see years ago Soulpour had uploaded a plugin that did this, but I think he's inactive now and the link to it is dead.
Since I haven't been able to find it, I'd like to make this request:

I'd like a plugin that would animate the default parallax background (the one you can set in the map properties in the editor) for certain animated backgrounds that I don't want moving with the player (as in it's scroll-locked), while being UNDER everything else (including the tile layer.) In case there's any confusion, see the attached image.

I've already got Orange's Overlay plugin as well as Tsukitsune's animated add-on for it. But it only let's you put in its own 'ground' layer, with additional fogs being the only other thing you can set a z value for. But you can't get them to scroll lock.

It could use a similar map note-tag for settings. Something like this:
Code:
<animate_defaultparallax: (# of frames), (frame speed)>
You can animate parallaxes through a parallel event - just have it change the parallax how ever many frames you want in between them. I think you can add a (!) to the beginning of a parallax file name to get it to lock as well.

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't believe I didn't think of this! Thanks a bunch!
I haven't tried the "!" with the default parallax as it locks by default, I'm assuming you meant with the non default ones?
I'll give that a try. But the parallel event will do what I need.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't believe I didn't think of this! Thanks a bunch!
I haven't tried the "!" with the default parallax as it locks by default, I'm assuming you meant with the non default ones?
I'll give that a try. But the parallel event will do what I need.
Parallax layers don't lock - they move with the player typically.

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Parallax layers don't lock - they move with the player typically.
Oh, my bad, I was mixing up the terms.
When I said in the original post I wanted them to lock, I meant 'lock with the camera' (as in they move with the player).

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have marked this as Solved. When your question is resolved please Report your opening post and ask for it to be closed. Mods might not see a post or change of title but they will see a Report.
Thanks.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

is it just me or have posts gotten way more boring ever sense the forum updated
Oh no, fatigue and procrastination setting in on my game. :( Must overcome it!!! Must continue on!!!
I have this issue where I get insomnia whenever I need an answer or solution to "x" situation, and can't sleep until I find it or I pass out exhausted...
Got MV on Steam during the Lunar New Year Sale! Happy Year of the Rat everyone!
Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneLoveDrew