Has approximate knowledge of many things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all!

I've been looking at purchasing the Japan Backgrounds Collection by GuttyKreum, the art is GORGEOUS and totally fits the vibe of my game. I know it comes with cropped versions to use as battlebacks, but I was wondering - would it be possible to use the animated images as "backgrounds"?

By that I mean, have the image cover the entire screen, and then a Show Text command over top - for cutscenes or things like that. I'm guessing I will need a plugin? If so, which one?

I'd like to know if what I'm envisioning is even possible, before I buy the pack :)

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
It is possible to do for events.
One event in Parallel mode to animate the background and another in Autorun mode.

Example:

There are plugins that do this, but what I remember at the moment is MogHunter, but I didn't find it on his new blog, so I understand that it can no longer be redistributed.

Solovei

Has approximate knowledge of many things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is possible to do for events.
One event in Parallel mode to animate the background and another in Autorun mode.

Example:

There are plugins that do this, but what I remember at the moment is MogHunter, but I didn't find it on his new blog, so I understand that it can no longer be redistributed.

Ooh, that looks promising! What format is the parallax image in? Also, could you share a screenshot of the events you used to get it to work?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hutbephothuyhoang