Animated Battler Fashion

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by TheGreatEater, May 23, 2015.

1. TheGreatEater

TheGreatEater Coding is my dump stat. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello Scripters, I'm in need of taking a function of VE- Visual Equip, and applying it to Galv's Animated Battlers. Basically what I'm attempting to do, is make a list for Items / Equipment, and tie it to a battler via notetag. Similar to VE's:

<visual part>

id: 2       

name: "name of visual equip file."    

index: 0     

priority: 0  

</visual part>

The real purpose for this is that if anyone wants different battler animation with different weapons [such as different ones for wielding a spear, or a sword, or a bow and arrow. Each of which are held and need to use different stances to wield somewhat realistically], or using the Visual Equip with different items. This is especially useful for anyone who has tons of characters.  

And with my game having many different species, each with their own unique approach to combat. Setting up a list notetag where I can just state something along the lines of:

<visual battler>

id: 2   #actor2    

e-name: "$Ninja helmet Male small"  #name of equipment just like the above script.    

b-name: "Most awesome battler ever"  #didn't make that, but it's a good example. Is the Battler filename, like you'd do with Galv's Animated Battler. 

priority: 0

</visual part>

Maybe even a function where you can separate them by commas to place all of them in one go rather than re-doing each actor as a new <> <> bit. Although whichever's easier. Would be immensely useful. Since then all I need to do is notetag the item. Then when it's the actors time to fight. They are in the proper equipment and stance. That last bit is a biggie. Since I don't know how to switch between multiple battlers for an actor. So that tied script add on doing it would be a godsend. 

Edit::

Also maybe a Weapon tag that if equiped would change the actors battler? Since a changed weapon would in some cases be a changed stance / combat style. 

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
  2. TheGreatEater

TheGreatEater Coding is my dump stat. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm going to have to put this on hold. Victors Scripts aren't compatible with Vlue's Scripts (Which I just discovered and are a-freaking-mazing). So until I find a Visual Equip Script that is compatable with that, I'll need to wait. If anyone knows any Visual Equip Scripts that are Galv's Animated Battlers, and Vlue script compatible that'd be awesome [and even better if it a notetag version that I can affix to weapons to change actor battlers dependant on weapons. So far I only know of Victor's Equip script.)

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015