Animated Battler Graphic Script (+demo)

Discussion in 'RGSS2 Scripts (RMVX)' started by Neon Black, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Neon Black

Neon Black The Classy Prostitute Member

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    Animated Battler Graphic Script V1.0

Created by Neon Black

What is it?

This script will allow you to use animated battle sprites with the default battle system. There's really not much more to it than that. The script is entirely plug and play and just requires graphics to work (sold seperately).

How can I use it?

Place this script anywhere in the materials section above main. If you notice incompatibility with another script, place this script above that script. If you still experience incompatibility issues, please post what scripts you are using as well as what kind of error you are getting.

Codes:

• sprite[x:y] - Changes the monster's graphic to file name "x" and will have "y" frames of animation.
    • zoom[x] - Zooms an animated sprite to the value "x" where "x" denotes pixel size (1 is normal size, 2 is 200%, etc.). It is important to note that only whole numbers will work and this will only work on animated sprites.

What does it look like?

Can't really show you without making a video or a .gif. Just try out the demo.

What does it work with?

This script only has one overwrite. I can't say for sure what battle systems this works with, but if the battle system alters the battlers in some way, it's probably incompatible. Below are the changes this script makes.

Aliases

Game_Enemy:

• initialize

Scene_Title:

• load_bt_database
    • load_database
    Overwrites

Sprite_Battler:

• update_battler_bitmap
    New Objects

Game_Enemy:

• ani_frames
    • z_size

Sprite_Battler:

• animated_sprite_bitmap

Scene_Title:

• load_cp_ani_cache
    How can I get the code?

Version 1.0 (base script, 11.27.2011) is available as a text file from my pastebin account here or from the demo on my mediafire account here.

I would like to use this code.

[​IMG]

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://cphouseset.wo...d-terms-of-use/.

Author's Disclaimer:

I made this script as a request for someone. I wanted to complete it so I could better understand some of RGSS2 and quite honestly, I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing.... Still, while the script might have some redundancy, it works well and looks great once stuff starts moving. I'm sure there are still some rogue bugs in there, but I'll fix any that people find. Any questions or suggestions feel free to contact me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012