Animated Battlers in a Bestiary

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by That Bread, Aug 27, 2014.

1. That Bread

That Bread Veteran Veteran

I've seen Bestiary menus all around, but all of them use a still image of the enemy from within the database. Since I do have some unique characters as animated battlers... this becomes a bit of a problem. 

What's the Situation
    So I ask is there a way to have a Bestiary menu with an animated character. Using their still or wait pose as an image inside of the Bestiary menu.

I have seen this done in earlier engines, some have recommended adding this code or that code to the bestiary. However I have not come upon any results for Ace the engine I am using.

What Can you do?
    I am willing to use any Bestiary with the animated battlers. So if you know how I can change around the code with one to use animated battlers instead. That would be help enough... however I know this is broad so I am going to go ahead and include what I like and what I am using for the animated battle.

Victors Actors Battlers: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5uvwXLAev89ZTVQRTd2T0EwQlk&usp=sharing

Shadowmaster9000 Bestiary: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/14951-fantasy-bestiary/

As this is in the script requests, there is the option to create a custom bestiary script for this.

If you decide to do this, it would be greatly appreciated. We can discuss further details via PM.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  2. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    FInally SOmeone who do a claire and neat demand! ....I think dekita-dono will rush here for help you my dear CC :D !

3. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    umm, that aint my bestiary :p

4. That Bread

@Nio ha ha... I always try to make mine as clear as possible!

@Dekita no it's not... but I am open to any bestiary. So if you have one and you are willing to edit it for what I'd like. It would be appreciated.

5. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I do have one, recently written for the code off challenge #2. Unfortunately it does not support animated battlers and im pretty busy just now so cant afford to put more time into it.

Also, you say in the OP that the system is mine :p

6. That Bread

@Dekita oops... hah hah! Thatnks for pointing that out. I did see yours and yes it's nice, but I saw no terms of use so I went to another one that was equally appealing to me. Now time to edit that little forgotten mistake.

?????? likes this.
  7. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Really? I forgot to put a terms of use in the script... strange.. I will have to go and check that out :p

8. Shadowmaster9000

Shadowmaster9000 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello this is the same Shadowmaster from rpgmakervxace.net. Since I have added extra compatibility with Yami's Battle Engine Symphony before, I will try to make extra compatibility to allow animated enemies from Victor's Animated Battlers. But I can't guarantee it will be done because I have played around with Victor's scripts before and to be honest the structure of his scripts is rather different compared to most other scripts and I have quite a job trying to wrap my head around them.

That Bread likes this.
  9. That Bread

Sounds good! Do what you can. I appreciate the help!

10. Shadowmaster9000

First Language:
    English
    Actually I should of asked this before, did you want the enemy animated within the Bestiary or just uses the same image from the animated image? Because I can do the latter but not the former, I don't have enough experience with animated sprites in RPG Maker so I'm afraid I can't do the former for you sorry.

11. That Bread

I wanted the enemy animated within the bestiary... do what you can!

12. Halfmoon Media

Halfmoon Media Illustrator, Eventer, Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    *Bump

I would love the same thing, just a cycle of frames, like an "idle" phase, that the enemy sprite loops through.  I'm using Theo's battle system with Shadowmaster's bestiary, so do you think that would be compatible?

13. That Bread

@HalfmoonMedia, looks like it isn't going to happen at all. Shadowmaster must've hit something in life or just couldn't do it.

14. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well.... added on list, since I doubt shadowmaster itself could read my 5000k lines of code just to make sure where he should put the idle sequence. Though, I need to rework his script in order to work with mine. And also, since his script is kinda structural, the compatibility things will be a bit pain

That is... if I'm allowed to modify his script

15. That Bread

ha ha... added to the list... well if you can try your hand at it and he allows you to modify it. Then I'd appreciate it.

16. Shadowmaster9000

First Language:
    English
    Yeah I pretty much gave up on it. Admittedly I'm not very good at working with animations scripting wise.

If you need to make some modifications to my script to help make it run with your battle system, just make a patch/compatibility script that overrides/aliases any of the methods you need to make changes too (I don't think it's likely you will have to rewrite every single method... I hope ;>___>). That's what I did with Yanfly's New Game Plus script so it transferred Bestiary information.

As long as the patch still requires the original script to run, you have my permission, and the terms and conditions for the patch doesn't concern me. I'll update the terms and conditions in my scripts to make this more clear in regards to compatibility/patch scripts.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
  17. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just a single method or maybe two... don't worry :D

Yes, I will make the patch instead of rework all the entire script. Thank you for permission.

18. Halfmoon Media

First Language:
    English
    Wow, I didn't expect TheoAllen themselves to pick this up...That would be beyond amazing!

19. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Barely made the animated battler on the bestiary

[​IMG]
    However, it's tested and works only on upcoming version 1.4 
    The previous version 1.3c has horrible script structure that I need add extra code just to make it works

That Bread likes this.
  20. Halfmoon Media

First Language:
    English
    That's amazing! I'm waiting for the 1.4 update anyways, so that's excellent!

You've outdone yourself again!